独立分词(3) 一、with+名词(短语)+分词结构 最近我看到一篇文章,题目是手机打破社会禁忌(Mobile phones breaks social taboos),讲的是手机对人们生活礼仪的改变起到了不好的作用。比如说到准

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。美国同事Amy今天来找他。 (Office ambience) A:Chen Hao, how is everything going with your new responsibilities? I heard that you have been asked to handle our customer complaints. CH:这个差事可

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他今天在走廊里遇到了美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) A:Chen Hao, you look pleased about something. What is it? C:我刚才发现电话上有个叫speaker的键,只要按下去,就不用再

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他在走廊里遇到了美国同事Amy。 C:Amy,你有时间吗? A:Sure,什么事? C:Todd这个人真是很奇怪。有时候,我打电话给他,他明明在办公室里,而且也不忙,可

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪昨天晚上陪一位总裁去出席晚宴,可是他还个问题不太清楚。为了请教美籍华人Mary,他约她今晚一起去美国餐馆吃晚饭。 (Restaurant ambience) M:嗨,陈豪,how's last night's dinner? Everything OK?

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪工作的公司里有一个公用的厨房,里面有冰箱,咖啡壶,微波炉等供工作人员使用。还有美籍华人Mary刚走进厨房,看见陈豪有点不知所措的样子。 (Office ambience) M: Hey, Chen Hao, what happene

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他在公司餐厅里遇到了美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) C:Hi, Amy. 我有几个问题想请教你。 A:Of course, what about? C: Table manners. 具体说,我想知道用刀叉有哪些讲究。

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

餐桌礼仪 比较日常口语的说法是: Table manners: 餐桌礼仪 这里的table就是指dining table。manner是举止的意思,如果小孩调皮,家长经常会说: Mind your manners.注意你的举止,注意礼貌。 另一个更加

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

Your relationships with your colleagues are important. Good workplace relationships can help you do your job better. They can make going to work everyday enjoyable. Bad relationships with colleagues can distract you and can turn a so-so job into a ni

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

网络过度分享个人信息 Whether it is photos, personal status or unwanted comments, most Americans think people `overshare` personal information online and a third admit not everything they post is true。 不管是照片、个人状态还是多

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1. 只倒满自己的杯子 When drinking alcohol with Japanese friends, it's considered rude if you are only filling your own glass. In Japan, it is proper etiquette to refill everyone else's glasses and not your own. If you fill someone else's glas

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

邀请别人赴宴 When issuing an invitation, it should be written on writing-paper rather than note-paper. 邀请不能用笔记本的纸写,而要写在信纸上。 Address male guests by their surname alone, unless they are a government ministe

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

About 400 students at an elementary school in Shanghai began the spring semester by swinging golf clubs. 在上海的一所小学,约400名学生挥舞着高尔夫球杆迈进了春季学期。 The Experimental School of Foreign Languages Affiliate

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Cellphone etiquette goes beyond simply keeping your conversations short and voice level to a minimum. 手机礼仪不仅仅是保持通话的简短和音量的适度。 Being mindful of your phone and of others might seem like the obvious thing to do

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The rules of etiquette have been tossed out of the window yet again as people are being asked to stand on both sides of escalators at Holborn station. 在霍尔本地铁站,礼仪的规矩再遭抛弃,人们又可以站在扶梯两边了。 One o

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

For small businesses, just like for everyone else, email has become a way of life. You don't always have the time for chit chat when you have to deal with clients and other people in the field so what better way than just shoot them and email. There

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

1. Brazil 巴西 Brazil, home to the greatest number of fitness models within the Latin region, is a place where youll find women who rank among the most beautiful on the planet. Both blonde and brunette Brazilian girls are well known for their sexy,

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The modern workplace is full of potential pitfalls, meaning you have to be on your toes to make, and maintain, the right impression with your co-workers and colleagues. 现代职场充满了潜在的陷阱,这意味着你必须小心去创造并维护

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

又到应届毕业生找工作的时期了。小叶也在忙着找工作。他是广东外语外贸大学的学生。今天他来参加一个英语秘书职位的面试。 A: How do you do, sir?I'm Ye Jinghong. I've come for an interview as request

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

Part 4 Solitude 第四部分 独处 I find it wholesome to be alone the greater part of the time. To be in company, even with the best, is soon wearisome. I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. We are f

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读