Solitude I find it wholesome to be alone the greater part of the time. To be in company, even with the best, is soon wearisome and dissipating. I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. We are for the most

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 王强英语美文

Cathy 跟同事Adam 正在讨论,一个人的穿着是否会对他的精神状态产生影响。Adam 说, A: Have you ever heard the saying, clothes make the man? It might be truer than we imagine. C: When a police officer or firefighter puts on

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Lewis要去美国芝加哥出差,想坐高铁去洛杉矶看家人,但同事Jay告诉他说,美国没有高铁,原因之一是坐飞机十分方便。 Lewis: So there's been no incentive to build super fast trains. Jay: Yeah, that's right. Al

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Manners Matter By Karen Herzog / 2005 Milwaukee Journal Sentinel , Knight Ridder Newspaper. Distributed by Tribune Media Services International 1 T able manners aren’t child’s play . Children who

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(161) / 评论(0) 分类 彭蒙惠英语

Ann: 陈豪在美国公司已经工作了一段时间。今天老板要找他谈话。老板找谈话会有什么事呢? 陈豪心里有点不安,所以急着去请教美籍华人Mary。 (Office ambience) 陈: (很着急地)Hey, Mary,快,我有

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 空中美语初级

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他刚好遇到美国同事Amy. (Office ambience) C:Hi Amy, how are you? A:I am fine, thank you. And you? C:有件事一直让我摸不着头脑。 A:About what? C:我的新同事Carol很奇怪。每天

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 空中美语初级

女生学习礼仪变得优雅,男生是否也应该学习一些礼仪呢 Callum: Hello and welcome to 6 Minute English. Im Callum and with me today is Jennifer. Hello Jennifer. Jennifer: Hello Callum. Callum: Jennifer, did you go to a finishing sc

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

Their wedding is an occasion when a bride and groom can reasonably expect for all the attention to be on them. 婚礼是新郎新娘成为全场焦点的一个场合。 Stealing the newlyweds' thunder is considered a terrible faux pas. 在新婚夫妇婚

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

A Chinese university is offering students a 50% discount in its canteen if they show some common courtesy to staff, it's reported. 据报道,中国一所大学的食堂日前推出新规,如果学生对工作人员表示出基本的礼节,饭菜就

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Mom and Dad taught us some basic etiquette rules to follow at the table: keep your mouth closed while chewing, don't talk with your mouth full and keep your elbows off the table. Although that last one may no longer be very important, the others stil

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1.What's the first custom in the international society? 被国际社会公认的第一礼俗是什么? Lady first。 女士优先。 2.What is the Three A principle in social communications? 社交中的三A原则指的是什么? Accept, Apprecia

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

dos and don'ts,亦作do's and don'ts, 【解释】 该做的和不该做的事情;行为准则;规矩;守则;注意事项(rules about what you must do and what you must not do in a particular situation) 【例句】 In the back of the

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

Taking your lunch to work is a healthy, cost-friendly habit, but if you decide to eat in the office, you should keep your co-workers in mind and practice proper manners. Here are five things to consider if you like to dine at your desk. 中午带饭到

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

Q1.What's the first custom in the international society? 被国际社会公认的第一礼俗是什么? A:Lady first. 女士优先。 Q2.What is the Three A principle in social communications? 社交中的三A原则指的是什么? A: Accept, App

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

Taking your lunch to work is a healthy, cost-friendly habit, but if you decide to eat in the office, you should keep your co-workers in mind and practice proper manners. Here are five things to consider if you like to dine at your desk. 中午带饭到

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

The number of jobs available for graduates is predicted to rise by 10.2%, according to a survey by the Association of Graduate Recruiters. Good news for students - but when you come to apply for your first job after university, are you sure you'll ha

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

孤独,是忧愁的伴侣,也是精神活动的密友。 纪伯伦【黎】 Solitude I find it wholesome to be alone the greater part of the time. To be in company, even with the best, is soon wearisome and dissipating. I love to be alone. I neve

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

英语六级写作美文欣赏:优雅用餐 下面是英语六级写作美文:优雅用餐,请考生赏析。 Dining Etiquette When Dating Be sure to make reservations if the restaurant you chose is a fancy or popular one. It's very embarrassin

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

Confucius was a Chinese philosopher of the Zhou dynasty, whose teachings of moral, social, political, and philosophical behavior and theory 孔子是中国周朝的一位思想家,他在道德、社会、政治、及哲学行为与理论的教诲,

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美人文风情

When you have a conference call rather it is from business to business, or business to an employee at home or abroad conducting business, it is important that the conference calling experience is productive and smooth sailing. No matter what role you

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语