urban城市的 urge鼓励,激励 urgent 紧急的,急迫的 utility功用,效用 utilize 利用 utmost 极度的,最大的 vacant 未被占用的,空着的 vacuum 真空 vague 含糊的,模糊的 vain 徒劳的,无效的 valid 有效的,符合逻辑的 vanish 消失,绝迹 variable易变的,多变的 va

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 用mp3背四级单词

[00:19.06]-This gauge cant be right. -Wind speed has dropped to zero. 这块表出毛病了 风速降为零 [00:19.90]We have vertical walls of cirrus cloud formations. 我们遇到了垂直的环状云团 [00:24.38]-What the hell is going on? -The b

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-后天

By measuring how fast these stars were moving, he could prove if there really was a black hole at the center of an active galaxy. I picked a galaxy nearby which is called NGC 1068, an active galaxy, w

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(340) / 评论(0) 分类 超大质量黑洞

AS IT IS 2015-09-30 Glider Plane to Soar Stratosphere for Data Gliders are light aircraft that fly with no engine. They are pulled by a powered plane into the sky and set free to fly on air currents. They soar on wind currents called mountain waves.

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(九)月

I'd like to start with a short story. 我想先讲个故事。 It's about a little boy 有个小男孩 whose father was a history buff 他父亲是个历史爱好者, and who used to take him by the hand 常牵着他的手 to visit the ruins of an

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科技篇

Topic1-Rich kids or poor kids, who can be more successful? A controversial debate is brewing on Chinese social media. It goes like this: poor kids cannot turn their life around, that's a true testament to social equality in today's China. Is it fair?

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

And it's real now, isn't? 这是真的吗 It's real. 是的 Especially when people turn their Wi-Fi stuff off. 特别是当人们把Wi-fi关掉的时候 He generated the same kind of an excitement 他能带给你的刺激感 that you would get from t

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

because usability studies tend to be very vertical. 因为可用性研究是垂直的。 A study might ask,What do you think of this particular feature? 一项调查可能会问:您认为此特性如何? But its not easy to ask, What do you thi

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 创业成功人士访谈录

I wasn't really sure what to talk to you about today and I asked Tre and he said, Well, you know Class Day is such an important day, and I'm sure we'd love to hear some of your memories of it. And that calmed me because the truth of the matter is I h

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is how to format vertical lists. Most of the grammar books I own only partially address vertical lists. One book discusses capitalization, another partially discusses punctuation, and so on. Only the Chicago Manual of

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Urban Farms Gain Support New York City is known for its tall buildings, financial markets and centers for the arts. But Americas most populated city is becoming known for something you might not expect -- farms. New York Citys government announced la

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Quadrate - one of the bones which together with the articular bones and the dentary, made/make up a reptile's jaw. In mammals the quadrate bone is incorporated into the middle ear as the incus. Ramus

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 医务英语

Preparations for the Chinese New Year in old China start well in advance of the New Year's Day. The 24th of the twelfth month is set aside for the annual housecleaning. Every household will give a thorough cleaning to their houses, clothes, bedclothe

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Our praise awaits You with the dawn Our souls awake to You and lift a song We've seen the things that You have done And still, we know the best is yet to come There's more to come Open the gates and let Your glory come down Open our hearts and let ou

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Let the weak say I am strong Faith is rising mountains fall away You are always holding onto me Always you are Let the weak say I am strong Faith is rising mountains fall away You are always holding onto me Let the weak say You are the strength of my

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

1. British police have arrested another suspect in that plot to blow up jetliners over the Atlantic. Twenty-four other people have already been taken into custody. Meanwhile travelers are still facing

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

This was a very shallow earthquake, which means it would tend to be more destructive. Stuart Sipkin, USGS Tuesday's earthquake hit Haiti hard, with extensive damage and many casualties. Compared to the well-known seismic areas like the Pacific Rim, t

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Kweichow Moutai has announced on its official website that the company's new policies will soon be published under the guidance of China National Development and Reform Commission and the local bureau of commodity prices in Guizhou Province. Moutai's

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Oh, Brad gets off the ground with a big 5-inch vertical 哦!布拉德跳起了整整12.7厘米 That means LeBron's ups are 8-times better than Brad 也就是说,勒布朗的弹跳高度是布拉德的8倍 Add in King James's 6'8 frame and ridicul

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂