by Mignon Fogarty Today's topic is how to use colons. The podcast edition of this article was sponsored by GoToMeeting. With this meeting service, you can hold your meetings over the Internet and give presentations, product demos, and training sessio

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 跟谢孟媛学语法

Unit 11 Edward and His Incredible Black Hole177 爱德华和他那难以置信的黑洞 小时候,最吸引人的童话故事或者动画片总是与星空和宇宙有关。很多人在童年里都做过飞上太空﹑探索宇宙的梦想。爱德华将梦想付诸实施,虽然其结局是悲惨的,但谁能说,他的科学探索精神不

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年星火30篇考研词汇

New Camera Takes Billions of Pictures Every Second 能每秒拍摄数十亿张照片的相机_ Imagine a camera that can take one hundred billion pictures a second -- that is enough to record the fastest movements in the universe. But we do not have

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(一)月

AS IT IS 2014-12-28 US, Ethiopia Join to Train Women Farmers 美国、埃塞俄比亚联合培训妇女农民 The U.S. is awarding $15,000 each to five pairs of U.S. and Ethiopian universities for research and development projects. One partnership is

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(一)月

New Words 6A @ earthquake n. [C] (also quake) a sudden shaking of the Earth's surface 地震 @ detect vt. notice or discover sth. that is difficult to see, feel, etc. 发现;查出 @ experimental a. used for, relating to, or resulting from experime

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程词汇 第三册

Year-end Financial Review 进行年终财务审查 In my post You Can't Improve What you Don't Measure, I explained why measuring your performance is critical to achieving your goals. 我写过一篇文章,叫《没有评估就没有进步》,我在

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语听力文章

V English Terms 中文翻译 详情解释/例子 Valuation 估值 评定一项资产当时价值的过程 Value-Added 增值 在向消费者推出产品及服务前给与有关产品及服务的增值

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 财会英语

Rock climbing is the original extreme sport. Basically , rock climbing is going from the bottom of a wall to the top and then back down again. The main goal is to have fun while doing so and to pref

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

石油财富吸引企业进驻北达科他州 The state of North Dakota has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country, thanks to a glut of jobs created by the oil boom in the western part of the state, which rests on one of the largest shal

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年8月

With the 5G era just around the corner in China, leading mobile and tech officials in China are suggesting more partnership are going to be needed to help the new technology grow and develop. 5G technology is one of the issues that has generated inte

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

society, that first brought civilization to the desert. Far from just scraping by in this harsh landscape, the Garamantes were flourishing. They grew crops, such as cereals and grapes. They kept horses and pigs. Clearly, they needed large amounts of

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

Amid the shocking events that occurred on September 11th, one of the most startling was the sight of the collapse of the Twin Towers soon after hijacked planes hit them. In this Moment of Science we explain how and why the collapse occurred. Designed

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Tracy looked at the flag. The flag is red, white, and blue. It has 50 white stars. The white stars are on a blue square. The flag has six white stripes. It has seven red stripes. All the stripes are horizontal. They are not vertical. The stripes do n

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

三: Phrases and Sentence: 1, She soon called my attention to the fact that she couldnt work full time and keep house, too. 注意的词语: call attention to(唤起注意),keep house(当家) 2, I guess I just took it for granted that a wife was supp

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

This is Xaero - a vertical take-off and landing vehicle being developed by Masten Space Systems. The California start-up hopes the rocket will eventually carry pay-loads for NASA to altitudes of up to 30 kilometres, mainly to collect atmospheric data

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

Our cargo manifest shows that there are 80 kilograms of lithium batteries on board. 841. 我们货物舱单表明机上有80千克的锂电池。 A ramp inspection discovered crates of lithium batteries in the cargo hold. We are verifying. Request de

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 飞行员英语900句

Do you scream on a roller coaster ride? You slowly climb up a steep slope until an almost vertical drop, and then... Ahhhhhhhh! Thrill-seekers like me are in luck because theme parks are pushing the boundaries of technology to create the fastest, tal

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

今天聊聊时尚英语!条纹、格子、圆点,各种花样、图案英语怎么说?听Jenny和Adam分享吧! 关键词: Prints and patterns:花样、图案 Prints: 印花、花样,不一定有规律 Patterns: 有规律的印花、图案

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

That's all? 仅仅这个数目吗? That's all, Professor Aronnax, and the calculation is easy to check. 仅仅这个数目,阿龙纳斯先生。并且,很容易用计算来证实。 Now then, I have supplementary ballast tanks capable of shippi

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(180) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Without the search for mates or the ensuing courtship rituals, parthenogenesis means big savings in time and energy: in just one season, a single aphid can give rise to billions of descendants.But in the fall, fresh food gets harder to find and there

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16