1) Exhilarating Rides-Top 2) Roller Coasters in Europe Number 3, it’s Shock Wave, Europe’s only stand up roller coaster. It’s in the English Midlands. Shock Wave is a 3) cracking 90 seconds. Fir

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(277) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2003年

Lucy goes into her bedroom and looks in her closet for a skirt and a blouse to wear. 露西走进卧室,打开壁橱找一条裙子和一件衬衫穿。 A closet, closet, is a space in your bedroom where you can keep your clothes. 壁橱(closet)是

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 ESL露西的一天

Earlier this month, the group of about 15 people reportedly got stuck in an elevator in Chicago's Willis Tower. In a separate incident, some USC football players who exceeded in elevator's weight limit got stuck in California. What the two groups had

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2016年8月

Unit6 Section (A) How to Prepare for Earthquakes Ideally, people would like to know when an earthquake is going to happen and how bad it will be. Inboth Japan and China, people have long believed that earthquakes can be forecast. In Japan, scientists

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程(3)

Unit 3 Text A Pre-reading Activities First Listening Before Listening to the tape, have a quick look at the following words. smallpox 天花 stuck 被难住了 cowpox 牛痘 lateral thinking 横向思维

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 21世纪大学英语读写教程

When I rounded the last corner, onto Cactus, I could see the studio, looking just as I remembered it. The parking lot in front was empty, 当我转过最后一个街角,冲进仙人掌街的时候,我能看到那间舞蹈教室了,它看上去依

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Selecting Window Treatments [doorbell rings] Otto: Hi, Im Otto from Windows-R-Us. Im here to show you the window treatment options we offer and to take measurements for installation if you decide to order from our store. Jean: Hi, Otto. Im Jean. Come

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之日常生活

For two days we visited these deep and deserted waters by means of our slanting fins. 两天内,在这一带荒凉无物的深水中,船都利用纵斜机板下去看过。 The Nautilus would do long, diagonal dives that took us to every level. 诺

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Objects hanging in the lounge were visibly returning to their normal positions. 悬挂在客厅中的东西分明恢复了它们原来的地位。 The walls were approaching the vertical. Nobody said a word. 墙板接近垂直。我们中间没有谁说

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Tracy looked at the flag. The flag is red, white, and blue. It has 50 white stars. The white stars are on a blue square. The flag has six white stripes. It has seven red stripes. All the stripes are horizontal. They are not vertical. The stripes do n

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

5月8日,美国内政部长肯萨拉萨尔宣布,自 911恐怖袭击事件后关闭的纽约自由女神像的头冠部分将于今年7月4日美国独立日重新对公众开放。为配合头冠部分的重新开放,纽约公园局将采取加高旋梯扶栏、增加值班人员等安全措施。 If you were watching the Today Show this m

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 国外媒体新闻

歌曲:Beyonc-Beyonce - If I Were A Boy At two years of age, Blue Ivy Carter is one of the most well-travelled children in the world. 虽然只有2岁,但是布露艾薇卡特和全世界的其他孩子比起来,她的阅历可谓是数一数二了

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 英语娱乐八卦

Alfred Stieglitz is considered a central figure in the history of photography. He lived most of his life in New York and in the early years of the 20th century documented the city's transformation into a grand metropolis. But Stieglitz's New York als

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(九)月

中文 中文作为我们的母语,在使用的时候we don't question it,但如果我们像一个外国人一样,仔细学习中文这一门语言,就会发现其实很不简单。 Chinese: 中文,汉语 Mother tongue: 母语 一说起中文

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

Well then, when you dive under the waves, Ned, for every thirty-two feet of water above you, your body is tolerating the pressure of one more atmosphere, in other words, one more kilogram per each square centimeter on your body's surface. 尼德兰,好

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

欧洲廉价航空瑞安航空公司近期表示将推出票价仅为4英镑的站票,乘客可以站着斜靠在一块板上,背部有软垫,肘部有扶手,胸部有安全防护横挡。该航空公司首席执行官表示,他们会将250架

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Rotating your plate as it is placed on the table may improve the taste of your food, psychologists claim. People have a subconscious preference for food that points away from them, according to Oxford University experts, to the extent that it can aff

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Renee was a nurse. She wasn't someone who had been particularly interested in mathematics in the past. 雷妮是个护士。过去,她从不像其他人那样对数学感兴趣。 But she had somehow gotten hold of the software well and was hooked.

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 异类:不一样的成功启示录

Renee was in her mid-twenties, with long black hair and round glasses. 其中一名叫雷妮的女生给他留下了深刻的印象,雷妮大概20多岁,黑色长发,带一个银边眼镜。 In the tape, she is playing with a software program d

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 异类:不一样的成功启示录

A few paces away, a monstrous, meter-high sea spider was staring at me with beady eyes, poised to spring at me. 离我们几步远的地方,有一只高一米的梅蜘蛛,斜着眼注视我,就要向我身上扑来。 Although my diving suit wa

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物