Windows Vex Bats' Echolocating Abilities 干扰蝙蝠回声定位的烦人窗 Just as humans understand the shape of our surroundings by how light reflects off objects, bats use reflections of sounds they produce insteadwhats called echolocation. But

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(九)月

Katie: That was a beautiful sight to see, Aimee Copeland. Aimee: Thank you. It felt pretty good too. Katie: How did it feel? I was so proud of you, by the way. And it's just so moving I think for everybody here to see what a massive accoplishment thi

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2012年

How Full Is That Glass? 杯有多满? How does the shape of a glass affect how much you drink? A scientist set out to examine just this, and the results are rather astounding . Whatever the age of the subjects, they consistently poured more juice i

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

By Zulima Palacio Washington 14 October 2009 One of the solar homes at this year's Solar Decathlon in Washington, DC On the National Mall in Washington, the 2009 Solar Decathlon has begun, with 20 university-led teams from four countries. Each has b

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十月)

The Physics of Water Towers 水塔,一般居民区里蓄水作用,有些还是水厂生产工艺的一个重要组成部分,用于保持和调节给水管网中的水量和水压。主要由水柜、基础和连接两者的支筒或支架组成。

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest