1. President Barack Obama will give a prime time speech Thursday night to announce steps hes taking to shield up to 5 million immigrants illegally in the US from deportation. The president will travel to Las Vegas following the speech to promote the

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(213) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2014(十一)月

An explosion took place between two subway stations in St. Petersburg, Russia, yesterday and officials say it was a terrorist attack. 昨日,圣彼得堡两个地铁站发生爆炸,官员表示,这是一起恐怖袭击. This happened just after 2:30

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2017年4月

The wind lashed the bare trees and swept the snow into talldrifts. That way! said Annie. She led the way down the castlesteps to the path. Mr. Perkins was a nice guy, said Annie as they headedtoward the west side of the park. Yeah, said Jack. Someday

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

H: is this seat taken? S: no. please sit down. H: thanks. S: are you also going to Beijing? H: yes, on a business trip. How about you? S: I'm taking a vacation to visit a friend there. Have you ever been there before? H: yes, I went there once last s

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

I just don't understand why we have to take the subway. Look at this place. It's modern enough. But it's far from lively. It's convenient. People in NewYork go everywhere by subway if they don't drive. This isn't NewYork,Frida. We are in San Francisc

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

Can I have 10 tokens and also can I get a free subway map? Sure,here is a pack of 10 tokens,12:50. And this is your subway map. Thank you. We're going to East Village. Whick train should we take? Take the No.8 train and get off at Astor Place. Thanks

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

Is there a subway nearby? 请问这附近有地铁吗? Where is the underground entrance? 地铁的入口在哪儿? Is this the right subway to Central Park? 这是去往中央公园的地铁吗? Which subway line goes to the railway station? 哪

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

Excuse me, Madam, do you know where the subway station is? I'm afraid it's a little far from here. It doesn't matter. Alright, go straight along the street for 3 blocks, and you'll come to FuChen Road. There's a book shop at the corner. I see. Then t

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

爸爸给了丹尼尔钱让他去买票,并要确定地铁路线和转乘路线,丹尼尔能完成任务吗? Listen Read Learn Dad: Daniel, here is some money for the tickets. Daniel: OK, it's my pleasure. How many tickets? Dad: Oh, like a gentleman. Two tickets for two people. Da

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

by Adam Freedman Ive been getting a lot of questions lately about the legality of searches conducted by police and airport screeners. For example, Brett writes in to ask whether being stopped at a police checkpoint constitutes an illegal search. Anot

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Larry和李华两人正开着车,准备到乡下的一个农场去骑马。今天李华会学到两个常用语:boonies和country bumpkin. (Car driving on country road) LH: Larry,我们要去的那

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

AS IT IS 2014-08-25 Use of Mass Transit Is Highest in Nearly 60 Years 美国公共交通使用量创60年新高 A record number of Americans are moving into cities. When they move into urban areas, they drive less. New York City is one of the top cit

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(八)月

It's a one-price ticket, either one stop or ten stops. 坐一站还是坐十站,票价都一样。 A I think I'll take the subway. A 我想我将乘地铁。 B OK. It might even be quicker than to t

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

Topic1 Engineering is losing studentsHu Ruiwen, member of the State Education Consulting Committee, expressed worry over the lack of students choosing engineering majors. He says: 1.17 million students enrolled in major of engineering in college in 2

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Blast rocks Moscow subway 莫斯科一地铁站发生爆炸 A bomb has ripped through an underpass packed with hundreds of commuters and shoppers in central Moscow, killing eight people and injuring about 50. The bomb went off during rush hour in one

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

A few commuters in a subway train making stop at Park Kultury subway station in Moscow, 29 Mar 2010 Moscow has one of the most extensive metro systems in the world, and arguably one of the best. But, a new stop dubbed, The Station of Suicides, has ma

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

By Jeff Feuer Washington, DC 12 February 2008 Every day, hundreds of thousands of commuters and tourists travel in and out of Washington. One of the most popular modes of transportation in the Washington area is Metrorail, a subway system serving mor

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

The snow caused delays for 27 trains, stranding roughly 50 thousand passengers. Guangzhou Railway Group is now using high-speed trains to clear the backlog at Guangzhou station. Eight high-speed trains from the south headed to central China's Hunan P

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

From NPR News in Washington,I'm Winsor Johnston.At least 2 people are dead after a tornado touchdown in northeast in the Oklahoma tonight. Mediarologist Patrick Marsh says the storm watches in the morning stretch across a large section of the plain s

发表于:2019-03-15 / 阅读(198) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

Daniel: Dad, hurry! The train is coming. Aha, I am a superman. Dad: Don't rush; behave yourself please! Let the people get off first. Daniel: Oh, we should. There are so many people. What if the train got full before we could get in? Dad: But, if we

发表于:2019-03-16 / 阅读(214) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家下册