Diogenes Didn't Need a Lamp BY DAVID LOTH I BELIEVE in people. However much of a mess we seem to make of the world, it is people who have brought about all the progress we know, and I don't mean just material progress. All have been for- mulated and

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Thousands of members of the Writers Guild of America and their supporters march in Los Angeles last month More than ten thousand film and television writers in the United States have been on strike since N

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十二)月

The visionary pirate is being forced to walk the plank off his own ship. 远见卓识的海盗船长只好被迫离开自己的战舰 He's devastated. 他不知所措 It was about two in the morning and I got a phone call. 大概是半夜两点钟我接

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

爱能历久常新。华发或会失去原有的光彩。双颊或会日显消瘦黯淡。然而,有爱的心中,从无寒冬霜冰,只有夏之温热。 keep walking in sunshine Years of storms had taken their toll on the old windmill. Its whe

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Ray Freeman with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Every week we tell about a person who was important in the history of the United States. Today, we tell about Walt Disney and th

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十)月

HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC, in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. On our show this week: We answer a question about the Everglades ... Play some music nominated for an Academy Award ... And report about an artist who builds boxes. J

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(二)月

keep walking in sunshine Years of storms had taken their toll on the old windmill. Its wheel, rusted and fallen, lay silent in the lush bluegrass. Its once animated silhouette was now a tall motionless steeple in the twilight sun. I hadnt walked acr

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(149) / 评论(0) 分类 每天一点英文

明显的:obvious=apparent=evident=manifest 优秀的:excellent=eminent=top=outstanding 惊人的:surprising=amazing=extraordinary=miraculous 消极的,不良的:bad=detrimental=baneful=undesirable 美丽的:beautiful=attractive=gorgeous=

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

As I grew older I found, rather to my surprise, that I had become genuinely fond of my aloof old great-aunt. But to this day I do not know what strange impulse made me take George to see her and to te

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Tante Sanna would bring in dishes of sweet, sweet, sticky candy, or a great bowl of grapes or peaches, and Great-aunt Stephina would converse gravely about happenings on the farm ,and, more rarely, of

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The embattled founder of Wikileaks, Julian Assange, is suffering another setback. Switzerland has frozen the bank account of his whistle-blowing website. Lisa Schlein in Geneva reports the bank reportedly acted because Assange allegedly had provided

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

1. Meryl Streep picked up her 19th nomination. Her nod for Into the Woods is the most for any actor, male or any female. Jack Nicholson follows with 12 total nominations. 梅丽尔斯特里普获得第19次提名。她凭借《魔法黑森林》的提名

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Though we knew it was coming soon, despite rumors that Tim Burton mind end up working on something else in the meantime, Deadline is reporting that Warner Bros' new take on Dark Shadows, with Johnny Depp starring as the vampire Barnabas Collins, will

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

In the third episode of the Simpsons in 1987, Smithers made his first appearance. 史密瑟斯第一次登场于1987年的《辛普森一家》第三集。 When viewers first laid eyes on Montgomery Burns' assistant, he was black. 当观众第一眼看

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(273) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

奥斯卡大奖英文表达法

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

简单好记的OK是人们日常对话中不可或缺的常用词汇。但你知道吗?除了OK,其实mKay也能表达好的、可以、没问题这些意思,还常替代OKay用在对话中。 Mkay is a non-standard spelling of Okay, representi

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Following the sweeping success of Zootopia and The Jungle Book, Born in China (《我们诞生在中国》) is Disneys third animal-centric film of the year. But unlike its *duo of animated predecessors, Born in China is a live-action feature, starri

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Jobs said he would provide the money. 乔布斯表示自己会提供资金。 I believed in what John was doing, he later said. It was art. He cared, and I cared. I always said yes. 我看好约翰在做的东西,他后来说道,那是艺术,是他

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

With loud lament the parents saw their child borne out of sight over the wide waters. 那婴孩的父母高声恸哭地眼看他们的小孩被拖过了辽阔的海洋而消逝了。 They resolved to follow in the same direction. 他们决定循着那个

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

01. I am a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki. 我是宫崎骏的超级粉丝。 02. I think his animated films are the best. 我觉得他拍摄的动画片最棒。 03. I want to buy a DVD collection of all Miyazaki's works. 我想买一套收集了宫崎骏所

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语最炫潮流