VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Shirley Griffith. This week on our program, we take you to the East Coast for a boat trip on the Chesapeake Bay. (SOUND) VOICE ONE: Ten passengers ease

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十)月

The Open Boat by Stephen Crane, Part One 斯蒂芬克莱恩《海上扁舟》Ⅰ Crane was traveling from the United States to Cuba as a newspaper reporter. One night, his ship hit a sandbar. It sank in the Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of Florida. M

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(九)月

AS IT IS 2015-10-13 Air Accidents More Likely in Africa 在非洲发生航空事故的可能性更大 Africa has about 5 percent of global air traffic but 20 percent of accidents and deaths in 2014. Siddi Kone is an air navigation safety expert. He s

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Top 5 Crowdfunding Projects Ever A great idea is never enough. You need money to turn your idea into a reality. Your family and friends may give you money for your idea. But you are going to need more people to invest, unless you have very rich frien

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十)月

When the President of the World enters an alien spaceship for the first time, the TV cameras are there to broadcast it live as it happens. Marlow and I watched in the TV room of the Presidents Summer Palace. We saw the two Parrots hop out of a limous

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

In this Business English Pod episode, we're going to look at how business idioms related to ships and sailing can be used to describe company performance. 今天的原汁原味英语播客中,我们将学习与船和航海有关的商务习语,它们

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 原汁原味商务英语播客

It is a fine day today. There are some clouds in the sky, but the sun is shining. Mr. Jones is with his family. They are walking over the bridge. There are some boats on the river. Mr. Jonesand his wife are looking at them. Sally is looking at a big

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习乐园

A servileance camera at an Idaho high school appears to have caught evidence of a ghost. 爱达荷州一所高中的监控摄像头似乎拍下了鬼 Later,officials examined the milky white image and concluded it was just another resident of Idaho. 稍

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 柯南脱口秀

BEIJING, Jan. 26 (Xinhua) -- China on Saturday conducted a successful test flight of its first domestically made jumbo airfreighter. The Yun-20, or Transport-20, is a huge, multi-function airfreighter which can perform various long-distance air trans

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Chapter 16. The Ship. 第16章 裴廓德号 In bed we concocted our plans for the morrow. But to my surprise and no small concern, 在床上,我们开始商量具体的出海计划。 让我吃惊的是, Queequeg now gave me to understand, that h

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Have ye shipped in her? he repeated. 是不是,当上了那只船的水手? You mean the ship Pequod, I suppose, said I, trying to gain a little more time for an uninterrupted look at him. 你说的是裴廓德号吗? 我争取着时间,又注意

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

If I had been downright honest with myself, I would have seen very plainly in my heart that I did but half fancy being committed this way to so long a voyage, 噢,我心里多少有点忐忑了,试想一下,你就要和这条船一起扬帆入海

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Hey,tom. 汤姆 Got a report that you spotted a bunch of harnessed kids. 报告上说你发现了一群脊甲化的孩子 Yeah,we were tracking my son Ben. 是 当时我们在找我儿子本 We found him. 已经找到他了 At night,they've got them

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 陨落星辰第一季

EDUCATION REPORT - Oceangoing Programs for International StudentsBy Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Thursday, April 06, 2006 I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Education Report. In January, we ta

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(四)月

EXPLORATIONS - San Francisco Maritime National Park By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is Gwen Outen. VOICE TWO: San Francisco National Maritime Park. And thi

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(429) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

Captain!My Captain! Walt Whitman Captain!My Captain!Our fearful trip is done, The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won, The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting, While follow eyes the steady keel, the vesse

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

UN Chief in East Timor: No to Asylum Seekers Patricia Nunan Dili, East Timor 31 Aug 2001 The head of the U.N. mission in East Timor says there is no possibility of East Timor accepting a ship carrying

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(5)

海运常用词汇缩写 (MARITIME RELATED ABBREVIATIONS FREQUENTLY USED) ABT - ABOUT ACCT - ACCOUNT A/C - ACCOUNT AGW - ALL GOING WELL B/L - BILL OF LADING B/N - BOOKING NOTE B/S - BILL OF SALE B4 - BEFORE BB - BREAKBULK BE - BOTH ENDS BL - BALE

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

旅游常用词汇

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

英美派军舰前往菲律宾救援 TACLOBAN, PHILIPPINES The United States is sending an aircraft carrier to the Philippines to help speed up relief efforts after a typhoon killed an estimated 10,000 people in one city alone, with fears the toll co

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻