lovable 可爱的 a lovable eccentric 一个可爱的怪人。 The girl is simply lovable. 这女孩真是可爱。 One of the lovable things he did was to reacue a little injured dog from the fire. 他做的一件很可爱的事就是从火星把一只

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(535) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语词汇随身听手册3

Pirates of the Caribbean The Curse of the Black Pearl SCENE 1 Elizabeth: A pirate’s life for me...Uh! Mr. Gibbs: Quiet 1) missy ! Cursed pirates sail these waters, you don’t want to bring them dow

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(204) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2004年

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley Chapter Nine LENINA felt herself entitled, after this day of queerness and horror, to a complete and absolute holiday. As soon as they got back to the rest-house, she swallowed six half-gramme tablets of soma, lay dow

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Listen to the last two items on this website for background to the Rena disaster. The disaster from the broken ship Rena is getting worse. There is a crack in the middle of the ship which means it will sink. Salvage workers hope the back part the ste

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

But here a curious difficulty presented itself. 可是,这当儿,却碰到了一个希奇的难题。 In the excitement of the moment, Ahab had forgotten that since the loss of his leg he had never once stepped on board of any vessel at sea but h

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Todd: Sarah , so what sports do you like? Sarah: My favorite spectator sport is football. I support Newcastle United in England. Todd: Newcastle United. Sarah: Newcastle United, Yeah. Todd: Are they a good team? Sarah: Um, yeah, I think they're prett

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

China will start to recruit and train the third generation of its astronauts beginning next year and will turn engineers into space fliers. 我国从明年起将启动第三批航天员的选拔和培训工作,工程师将变身航天员。 Huang W

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

很多考托er们来咨询课程时,对这种新的考试常常是一脸蒙圈的状态:托福到底有多难?我到底要怎么准备,准备多久?他们常常抓住咱们的咨询老师用星星眼迫切地发出电波,希望老师能给出确

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

There was a certain old sailor, however, who scoffed at all claims of the ship's speed, 有名老海军总在嘲笑这艘船的速度, and who even refused to believe the record that she was making from day to day. 他们甚至不相信每天这艘船

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材6

这个年轻的乐队成立于美国Franklin,Tennessee,当Hayley从她的老家Meridian搬到当地时遇到了同样热爱音乐的两兄弟Josh Farro和Zac Farro.随后bass手Jeremy Davis,Hunter Lamb加入乐队,他们给自己起了一个特

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

What happens if you throw your anchor overboard and there isnt enough chain to reach the bottom? Does the anchor haul you down with it? This sounds a little bit like something that would happen in a cartoon. But for sailors its no laughing matter. It

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

I was also aware that being a green hand at whaling, my own lay would not be very large; 我也知道,我在捕鲸业是个新手,我的拆账不会很多; but considering that I was used to the sea, could steer a ship, splice a rope, 但是,因为我已

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Shipmates, have ye shipped in that ship? 喂,船友,你们当上那只船的水手啦? Queequeg and I had just left the Pequod, and were sauntering away from the water, for the moment each occupied with his own thoughts, 我跟魁魁格刚离开裴廓德

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Instantly the captain ran forward, and in a loud voice commanded his crew to desist from hoisting the cutting-tackles, 那个船长立即奔到前边,声音洪亮地命令他的水手,别再升起那只砍鲸的复滑车, and at once cast loose

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Surely, he will stop for water. 当然啦,他是会把船停下来装水的。 Nay. For a long time, now, the circus-running sun has raced within his fiery ring, and needs no sustenance but what's in himself. 不,那只在火热的圈子里,象赛

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

But it was especially the aspect of the three chief officers of the ship, the mates, which was most forcibly calculated to allay these colorless misgivings, and induce confidence and cheerfulness in every presentment of the voyage. 尤其是这艘船上

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Why not? I don't know, but I heard that gamboge ghost of a Fedallah saying so, and he seems to know all about ships' charms. 为什么就不会翻身?我不知道,不过,我听说那个叫做费达拉的藤黄鬼子就这么说,他似乎懂得有

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(169) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

41 How long are you going to stay here? 你要在这里停留多久? 42 Do you have anything to declare? 你有东西要申报关税吗? 43 What's the purpose of your visit? 你旅行的目的是什么

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

辅导 n. tutorship vi. coach misc. to tutor 双语例句 他现在正由一位著名的钢琴家进行辅导。 He is now being coached by a famous pianist. 对有困难的学生, 教师逐个进行辅导。 The teachers give individual tutoring t

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

First up,authorities are questioning the captain of an Italian cruise ship that wrecked last Friday.The captain was under house arrest yesterday.He may be accused of abandoning ship.The captain says the rock that the ship hit was uncharted and on his

发表于:2019-03-15 / 阅读(183) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(一)月