Captain Benito Cereno hurried aboard his ship. It was ready to sail. A bright sun in a soft breeze promised good weather ahead. The ships anchor was raised and the San Dominick, old but still seaworthy, moved slowly out of the harbor of Valparaiso o

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 听美国故事练听力

和平使命-2005: Peace Mission 2005 联合军事演习: joint military drill, joint military exercise, joint military manoeuvre 海上封锁: naval blockade,maritime blockade 隔离作战演练: isolation drill 两栖登陆: amphibious landing 装备

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science, I'm Cynthia Graber. This'll just take a minute. Its often said we know more about the moon than we do about the depths of the ocean. There is a lot we dont know about the H2O that covers much of the pl

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月

153. He has a big mouth W: He has a big mouth. M: Why do you say that? W: He told my secret. M: What do you think of Zhang Liang? W: He has a big mouth. M: I think so. 154. He has no sense of responsibility W: I said goodbye to my boyfriend. M: What

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 越说越地道英语

文本: HADDOCK:Billions of... TINTIN:Could you please keep quiet,alright? It's OK.Everything's fine. HADDOCK:Who are you? TINTIN:Uh me? No-one! Don't mind me.I'm already gone! ALLAN:Were you talking to someone,Captain? HADDOCK:Err? No,no-one. ALLA

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 小龟乐游记英语短文

Be sure of every move you make. Don't regret in the end. You are the captain of your ship and you have the control over it. 对自己的每一个选择确认好 让结果不留遗憾 你是你生命之舟的船长, 是一切的主宰。

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力

Stranded 坐困愁城 Rachel Stared up at the clouds. One looked like a tree. One looked like a Ferris wheel. The sand was hot under her skin. Everything was silent except for the ocean. She sit up and thinks, How long will I be stranded on this dese

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

We present the first of three parts of the short story Benito Cereno. It was written by Herman Melville. Here is Shep O'Neal with the story. Captain Benito Cereno hurried aboard his ship. It was ready to sail. A bright sun and a soft breeze promised

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

We present the last of three parts of the short story Benito Cereno. It was written by Herman Melville. As we told you in earlier parts of our story, rebel slaves seized the ship San Dominick off the coast of Chile. They killed many of its officers a

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十)月

China officially launched its second -- and the first domestically developed -- aircraft carrier on Wednesday morning in Dalian, Liaoning province. 星期三(4月26日)早上,我国第二艘航空母舰也是第一艘中国人自主研发的航母

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

EXPLORATIONS - Global Positioning System By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And this is Phoebe Zimmermann with the VOA Special Engli

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

12 科技新闻摘要(一) DATE=3-13-01 TITLE=SCIENCE IN THE NEWS #2115 - Digest BYLINE=Staff VOICE ONE: This is Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And this is Sarah Long with Science in the News, a VOA Spec

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

Rob: Hi and welcome to 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English, Im Rob and with me in the studio today is Chris. Chris: Hello there. In this programme we take a story from the news and pick out some interesting vocabulary that you may not have hea

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

Good morning from the CNN center in Atlanta, I am Reggie Aqui. Thanks for checking in. here's a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. The house has passed legislation that would impose a 90% tax on bonuses paid to employees of companies receivin

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(三)月

From NPR News in Washington, I'm Lakshmi Singh. A popular sound in the nation's capital where snow blowers are hard at work as white stuff keeps falling. Forecasters say the winter storm blanketing the Mid-Atlantic States could be the biggest in mode

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

VOICE ONE: Im Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And Im Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about Eleanor Creesy. She helped to guide one of the fastest sailing ships ever built. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: The name Eleanor Creesy

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(四)月

The first time we met Jeremy and Jemimas wicked Uncle Jeff, we discovered that he was not so much wicked as irresponsible. Mum and Dad decided that it would be better if he did not look after the children again. But when Dad forgot to book a holiday,

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

That's excited.So now when is your formal?Uh April 24th. 真令人兴奋 正式约会是什么时候 4月24日 April 24th. And did he say he would really go with you? 4月24日 他说他真会去吗 He said he would. He's my date so.. I hope he does.

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

Many of you were friends before you started dating and found yourself falling in love with each other. Nonetheless, once you find that things are not working out between the two of you and you let him know that you want to be just friends, you have t

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

价格 Price (一) Business is closed at this price. 交易就按此价敲定。 Your price inacceptable (unacceptable). 你方价格可以(不可以)接受。 Your price is feasible (infeasible). 你方价格是可行(不可行)的。 Yo

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语