A: Isn't it past your bedtime already? B: I am not sleepy. A: It's getting late, and you have to wake up early tomorrow. B: There is no way that I can fall asleep right now. A: Try listening to some soft music. B: It won't work. I'm nowhere close to

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-日常生活

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Learning First Aid: What to Do Until Medical Help Arrives BOB DOUGHTY: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. PAT BODNAR: And Im Pat Bodnar. Today, we will provide a short guide to first aid. (MUSIC

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(九)月

如果动词原形末尾单个辅音字母前面的元音只有一个字母,而且重读,那么原形末尾的单个辅音字母,在加-ing和-ed时要双拼: bar~barring~barred beg~begging~begged occur~occuring~occurred permit~

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

A: I heard that EDD has special services to help me get a job. B: CalJOBS is a great Internet-based placement service that is available to you. A: I dont have access to a computer. B: There is an area at the EDD Center that is set up with computers f

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 失业英语对话

A: Do you have any job placement services at EDD? B: The first thing that you should check out is CalJobs, which is a great Internet-based placement service that you can use. A: What about people who dont have a computer? B: You can search for jobs o

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 失业英语对话

A: I was wondering if you could go over the services available at EDD to help me get a job. B: The best opportunity is called CalJOBS, which is an Internet-based job placement service that you can make use of. A: Do I have to have a computer at home?

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 失业英语对话

Many Christians around the world celebrate Ash Wednesday, which marks the first day of Lent. It is the start of a religious period that leads up to Palm Sunday and the Easter holidays. On Ash Wednesday, people traditionally start fasting for 40 days,

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

By Adam Freedman Todays episode: can you be sued even if youre not guilty? But first, your daily dose of legalese: This podcast does not create an attorney-client relationship with any listener. In other words, although I am a lawyer, Im not your law

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Todd: OK, hey, Marion, how are you feeling today? Marion: I'm realy tired. Kind of, I don't know, my throat's really scratchy, so maybe I'm coming down with something. Todd: Oh, no. That's terrible. Are you taking anything for it? Marion: Actually, I

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

He looked in the mirror. What were all those red spots on his face? Every morning he had fresh red spots on his face. Were they insect bites? Were insects biting him at night? What were those red spots? They would usually disappear in a few hours. Th

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

She was 40. She was tired. She felt tired all the time. She went to the doctor. The doctor asked, Whats the matter? Whats your problem? She said, Im tired. I feel tired all the time. The doctor examined her. The doctor asked her a lot of questions. T

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is mixed metaphors. Politicians often provide good fodder for language commentary, and one of Barack Obama's comments during the debates has been rattling around in my head for a while now. He made a comment that some

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

09 Bed in Summer Robert Louis Stevenson In winter I get up at night And dress by yellow candle-light In summer, quite the other way, I have to go to bed by day. I have to go to bed and see The birds still hopping on the tree, Or hear the grown-up pe

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 希望长着翅膀

A: Did you just move here? B: Yes, I just moved here. A: Do you like it here so far? B: I love it here. A: Where did you come from? B: I came from El Salvador. A: Whyd you move? B: I want to make a life for myself. A: Is that hard to do there? B: Its

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-邻居

wNaked Swiss hikers must cover up 裸体瑞士旅行者必须穿点衣服 Anyone found wandering the Alps wearing nothing but a sturdy (强健的,健全的) pair of hiking boots will now be fined. Appenzell is considered one of the most conservative (保守的) regi

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A: Get a doctor here, immediately! B: What's the problem, sir? A: My wife is on the floor, she's unconscious! B: Sir, could you calm down a little bit, please? A: Calm down?! My wife is unconscious, and you're telling me to calm down?! B: Hold on jus

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-旅馆

U.S. President Barack Obama (5th L) meets with Chinese Vice Premier Wang Yang (4th L) and State Councilor Yang Jiechi (2nd L), both special representatives of Chinese President Xi Jinping, in Washington July 11, 2013. [Photo: Xinhua/Wang Lei] The 5th

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

A key British executive of Rupert Murdoch's global media empire has resigned amid the firestorm over the phone-hacking and police bribery scandal that has triggered investigations on both sides of the Atlantic. Rebekah Brooks stepped down Friday as c

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Todd: OK, hey, Marion, how are you feeling today? Marion: I'm realy tired. Kind of, I don't know, my throat's really scratchy, so maybe I'm coming down with something. Todd: Oh, no. That's terrible. Are you taking anything for it? Marion: Actually, I

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

I cried a tear我伤心地哭,流下了眼泪 You wiped it dry你帮我擦干 I was confused我内心迷茫混乱 You cleared my mind你使我思路清晰 I sold my soul我出卖了我的心灵 You bought it back for me你又把它还给了我 And held me up and gave me dignity帮助我,给我尊严

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐