1Praise the Lord . Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. 2Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness. 3Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, 4praise him

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 诗篇

What makes you angry? What does it take to make you to hit the roof? Today weve got a bunch of expressions for you to use when talking about a person who gets very angry very quickly. When this happens, its like the person loses control and suddenly

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Everyone likes to get good customer service, but we dont always get it. In this episode, we talk about tipping (where, when, and how much), and about how to handle a situation when the service was not so good. Harp and Maura also share their own pers

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

毛拉和哈皮今天谈论的主题是放松,放松用俚语表达是怎么说。 Maura: So today we are going to do a Chatterbox episode. And that is where Harp and I chat. We chat about all different kinds of topics of interest, sometimes we int

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

哈皮和毛拉一直是这档节目的主持人,今天请来的嘉宾非常特殊,毛拉打算对哈皮展开一场采访。 Maura: Now, today we are going to do a Chatterbox episode. And that is where Harp and I get to chat about all different

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

哈皮和毛拉今天给出的是面试的经验和技巧,需要找工作的小伙伴们,尤其需要竖起耳朵认真听哦 Maura: And were always focused on natural English. So, today, back by popular demand, were going to get Harps advice abo

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

时尚一个轮回。今天哈皮和毛拉主要在谈论时尚,为什么先前流行过的东西再过几年又会重新流行开来呢? Maura: Thats right. Do it. OK. Lets get to our episode today. Todays episode is a Chatterbox episode, and th

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

人们以什么样的方式交流,以什么样的方式上班,说到上班,人们通常会选择开车,并且都是一车一人,这会给环境带来很大污染,所以现在流行拼车..... Maura: Thats right. Now, today were doing a Ch

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

亚当正准备继续开始他的日本之旅,他要继续往哪里走呢,听听哈皮对他的采访。 Harp: Have you done any travelling around Japan right now? Are you going to do some more when you get back? Adam: Yeah, Ive done a bit. Ive b

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

圣诞节送礼物,人们一般都会选择亲近的好友和家人送,还有自己亲手制作的礼物,一定很特别吧。 Maura: Usually if its a close friend or family member, you might want to spend a little bit more money, but really it

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

书好看还是电影好看,这一直都是备受争议的一个问题,哈皮和毛拉却在这个问题上达成了一致,他们都喜欢看书。 Sample transcript Maura: I also like to read when Im commuting. Now, right now, with my job, I d

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

今天的内容是教英语俚语怎么说,今天学习的一个俚语是,我要累死了,累坏了怎么说 Maura: And todays expressions are ways to say that you are tired. Harp: Yes, different ways of saying that youre very tired. Maura: And

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

Deck the hall with boughs of holly, Fa la la la la la, la la la la. Tis the season to be jolly, Fa la la la la la, la la la la la la Don we now our gay apparel, Fa la la, la la la, la la la. Troll the ancient Yuletide carol, Fa la la la la la, la la

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 电影英文歌曲

put the squeeze on someone对某人施加压力 The new situation is putting the squeeze on all companies engaged in this business. stand up to someone与某人大胆对抗 The soldier stood up to the officer and was place in confinement. thank one's

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

Under the SeaThe Little Mermaid (1989) 《在海底》,选自《小美人鱼》 (Ariel, listen to me. The human world, it's a mess. Life under the sea is better than anything they got up there.) The seaweed is always greener In somebody else's lake

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

PSALM 98 1Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him. 2The Lord has made his salvation known and revealed his righteousness to the nations. 3He has remembered his love

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 诗篇

By the Rivers of Babylon We Sat Down and Wept (1815) 在巴比伦的河边我们坐下来哭泣 by Lord Byron (1788-1824) 1 We sat down and wept by the waters Of Babel, and thought of the day When our foe, in the hue of his slaughters, Made Salem's h

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

We just slide your hand like that,It's so smooth.There are someone smoking. 我们挥挥手就能打开它 缓缓地开启 有人在这里抽烟 Ok,it's like a Star Trek door or something OK,so I'm backstage now and here's my friend Ron. 这像个星

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

Sample transcript Harp: Did you watch the first one of this series, the Batman Begins? Maura: Nope, not even. Harp: Oh, that was a very good one. Maura: Oh really? Harp: Really good, its the only superhero that Ive ever liked. Maura: Well youll proba

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

Sample transcript Harp: Were going to start off Chatterbox with talking about university. Yeah, its going to be maybe a four-part series. We havent decided yet but today were going to start with discussing living on campus. And Maura is going to be t

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语