哈皮请来了杰西卡,杰西卡以前在韩国教授过英语,她说她很喜欢韩国的美食,是这样吗? Sample transcript Harp: Yeah, we have both done the teaching English in Korea. So how long were you there for? Jessie: I was ther

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

1Praise the Lord . Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise in the assembly of the saints. 2Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; let the people of Zion be glad in their King. 3Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with tambourine a

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 诗篇

Over the years, some friends come and go, but others last a lifetime. This week at Culips, were talking about friends. First, we talk about childhood friendships and what that can be like, and we also talk about making friends as an adult, which can

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

What goes up must come down! Things are always changing in todays world, and thats why we decided to make an episode about things going up and going down. Especially in the news, we often hear about increases and decreases, and they use lots of diffe

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

A big thank you to Carlos for asking us about education in Canada! This episode is all about that very subject. Harp and Maura talk about the Canadian public school system, and outline what college and university are in Canada. They also talk about t

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Some people have a lot of money and some people have only a little bit. This episode focuses on expressions that people use when they are talking about trying not to spend money, often because they dont have very much. There are people who pinch penn

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

圣诞节新年英语儿歌:Deck The Halls欢乐圣诞 Deck The Halls歌词 Deck the hall with boughs of holly, Fa la la la la la, la la la la. Tis the season to be jolly, Fa la la la la la, la la la la la la Don we now our gay apparel, Fa la la, la

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英文圣诞歌曲

哈皮和安德鲁今天讨论的话题是素食主义者,一般餐厅都会为素食主义者提供特别的饭菜.... Harp: Basically a vegetarian is someone who doesnt eat meat. Andrew: Thats right. They dont eat meat. Theyre open to eating othe

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

这两期的节目主要是采访亚力克斯,听她讲述她的精彩人生以及有趣的冒险故事,亚力克斯的英语非常好,但其实英语只是她的第二外语,她又是如何做到的呢? Aleksandra: It was a road trip and a

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

安德鲁最近得到了一份可以和广大青少年接触的工作,从他们那里,安德鲁学习到了很多新的词汇和俚语,来看看都有什么吧 Andrew: Harp, whats new with you? Harp: Not much. It was a pretty boring day. How ab

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

安德鲁和哈皮今天讨论的话题是潮流和趋势,来看看这两者有什么区别吧 Andrew: Well, today we are going to do a Chatterbox episode. And a Chatterbox episode is where we discuss a topic and just have a cool discussion about t

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

什么是试水,我们理解这个俚语的意思不能单独从字面去理解,它还可以表示下决定前的询问等等....... Andrew: So, our first expression is to test the waters. Harp: Yes. To test the waters. Andrew: Mmhmm. Plural, rig

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

Andrew: That is right. So, when we last left you, I was talking about playing with my band in Saskatchewan. Harp: Yes, exactly. Where did you go after that? Andrew: After Saskatchewan, we went to the next province westward, which is Alberta, and we p

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

这期节目是安德鲁和哈皮两个人主持的,哈皮来过香港旅行,他很喜欢香港... Andrew: Yeah. No doubt. And what place did you like the best out of all the cities you visited? Harp: I would have to say that Hong Kong was my fav

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

哈皮和安德鲁今天讨论的主题是,手机已经被广泛应用开来,第一代手机还是很大的那种,现如今每人一部手机,那到底手机是方便了人们的沟通还是阻碍了人们的沟通呢? Harp: Dont depress me

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

061 The Swans' Nest A long long time ago, there were swans. The swans flew to the plains. They were called 'Lombard'. Another group of swans flew to Byzantium, and they flocked to the Emperor's crown to protect it. The swans were just like a shield t

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(258) / 评论(0) 分类 100个儿童英语小故事

Some people are able to control others. This could happen because one person really likes another person, because they want to make a good impression, or because they have been manipulated by the other person. When one person is under another persons

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Here, indeed, is the true lover, said the nightingale. What I sing of, he suffers: what is joy to me, to him is pain. Surely love is a wonderful thing. It is more precious than emeralds , and dearer than fine opals . Pearls and pomegranates cannot bu

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

小时候就很喜欢听的一首歌,好像是上初中的时候,第一次在磁带里听这首歌,就喜欢它欢乐的节奏。今天顺便整理下这首歌的资料,歌词没有翻译完,改天吧。 本首歌曲的作曲艾伦-梅肯(Alan Menken)不是奥斯卡上的陌生人,他参与创作的《阿拉

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 电影英文歌曲

In the woods Sigurd was only a happy child without any thought of battles or heroes. 在森林里,西格德只是一个快乐的孩子,他没有想过战争和英雄。 The forest rang with the shouts of the children at their play, and often Regi

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4