万圣节就快要到了,哈皮和毛拉的万圣节,他们是怎么过的呢,穿着奇异的服装,去邻居家里要糖果,是不是很有趣呢? Harp: So, Halloween is celebrated on October thirty first (31st). Always the same day rega

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

人们总是热衷于参加聚会,各种各样的聚会。圣诞节和复活节的聚会尤其多.... Harp: Yes. So today were gonna talk about parties. Maura: Yay! I love parties. Harp: Me too. And I love how many parties there are during the Chri

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

科技越来越发达,人们获取新闻和八卦的途径有哪些,主要是电视,当然还有网络。 Maura: Today we are going to do a Chatterbox episode, and that is where we chat about all different kinds of topics. Today we are going to

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

毛拉和哈皮今天本该讨论的话题是不同年龄段的舞蹈,他们却在讨论吃的..... Maura: So Harp. Hows it going? What did you get up to this weekend now that the nice weather has finally rolled around? Harp: I had a great weekend.

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

当服务员为你提供了很好的服务,你在结账时是否会额外给服务员一部分小费作为回馈呢 Maura: All right. Now lets get to the episode today. We are going to do a Chatterbox episode, and that is where Harp and I get to ch

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

毛拉和哈皮都喜欢出去吃,出去吃有哪些讲究..... Maura: Because Harp and I love to eat and we love going to restaurants, so this episode is a pleasure for us. Harp: Definitely. So today were going to be talking about eating out. Were

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

新的一年即将到来,对此哈皮和毛拉有什么期待呢,一个全新的节目是什么样子的? Harp: What ideas are you the most excited about for next year? Maura: Well, one episode that I was really happy with and really excited to

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

当孩子为家里主动分担家务的时候,父母会根据孩子的劳动情况给予孩子一定的零花钱,孩子们可以存起来也可以花掉。这种方式是否该提倡呢? Harp: Another thing that parents do is they give an allow

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

回忆起小时候过圣诞节时的情景,总是有说不完的话.... Maura: First were gonna talk about Christmas past; then were gonna talk about the present, whats happening right now; and the future, upcoming Christmases. Harp: Yes. So lets g

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

传统的约会方式现在还流行吗,人们是否更偏向于网上交友呢 Harp: So those are some traditional ways where we find people to date. Maura: Right, but more and more people take classes, and they work, and of course they have frien

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

想知道什么是红眼航班吗?坐上红眼航班是种怎么的体验,会休息好吗,为什么呢? Maura: Ive never slept really well on a flight. And we should also mention that its this term the red-eye that inspired this episode. Harp

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

加拿大的小吃都有什么呢 Maura: Yeah, so at convenience stores you can definitely buy big bags of potato chips or small bags, which is really a snack size.. Harp: Yup, exactly. You again have so many different flavours ketchup, barbecue, sou

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

哈皮和毛拉都很喜欢温哥华这个城市,温哥华是位于加拿大的西部,这个城市的魅力在哪里呢? Sample transcript Maura: I think that people in other countries know about Vancouver too. Yeah a lot of people might know V

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

By the Rivers of Babylon We Sat Down and Wept 在巴比伦的河边我们坐下来哭泣 We sat down and wept by the waters Of Babel, and thought of the day When our foe, in the hue of his slaughters, Made Salems high places his prey; And ye,

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The Good Kind 歌手:The Wreckers The Good Kind The Wreckers by Michelle Branch Jessica Harp Do you wanna run away together? I would say it was your best line ever Too bad i fell for it And i walked alone Waiting for you to come along Take my tortu

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

人们通常认为掌握一门外语要过三关(语音关、词汇关、语法关),斩六将(听、说、读、写、译),相对来说,掌握英语单词是最难过的一关。英语的词汇量大,总词汇量至少在60万以上,实

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(149) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习方法

人们通常认为掌握一门外语要过三关(语音关、词汇关、语法关),斩六将(听、说、读、写、译),相对来说,掌握英语单词是最难过的一关。英语的词汇量大,总词汇量至少在60万以上,实

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习方法

Once upon a time there was a poor mother who lived alone with her son, Jack. All they had in the world was an old cow to give them milk. One day the cow stopped giving milk so the woman had to sell her. 从前,有一个很穷的母亲和她唯一的儿

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

401. He neither smokes nor drinks. 他既不抽烟也不喝酒。 402. He ran his horse up the hill. 他策马跑上小山。 403. He reminds me of his brother. 他使我想起了他的弟弟。 404. He was efficient in his work. 他工作效率高

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

They will suffer. 他们将受苦。 An early cold front swifts through beginning in November 1941. 1941年11月初一道早冬的冷锋迅速通过苏联。 Temperatures will plummet to almost minus 40 degree celsius. 气温将骤降到零下40摄氏度

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 二战启示录