By Marilyn Christiano Broadcast: December 23, 2003 (THEME) ANNOUNCER: EXPLORATIONS -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (MUSIC) Today, Richard Rael and Tony Riggs tell the story of

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-美国人文故事

For astronomers who study the large-scale structure of the universe, dwarf galaxies have proven quite vexing. Because the leading model of cosmology has been unable to account for their relative lack of substance. Now scientists writing in the journa

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

It did inspire him. 这确实鼓舞着他 It did motivate him to work more and faster and create more things. 使他工作更加发奋 提高产品创新的速度 And in fact, his creative output over the last five and six years is probably his great

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

Part I Lost in the cosmos 第一章 如何营造一个宇宙 They're all in the same plane.They're all going around in the same direction. . . . 它们都处于同一平面。 它们都在沿同一方向转动...... It's perfect,you know. It's gorgeo

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Of course, any terraforming is still a long way off. The next few expeditions to Mars will definitely be made by machines. NASA, are sending 2 rovers, capable of travelling over 100 meters a day in se

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 火星生命

We have reasons to suspect, based on recent high resolution photography of the surface, that there may be a subsurface ocean there. And where we find water and where we find the right mix of organics,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 寻访外星人

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? Five very old galaxies are now known to astrophysicists, thanks to Albert Einstein. A century ago, Einstein predicted an effect called cosmic gravitational lensing. Pictur

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

Galileo Galilei 伽利略伽利莱 Will you believe it when someone says the Earth is the center of the universe and it does not move at all? 如果有人和你说地球是宇宙的中心,它不会转动,你会相信吗? Of course, you won't. 你

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第8册

The Big Bang 宇宙大爆炸 Do you know about the Big Bang? 你了解宇宙大爆炸吗? The Big Bang was the beginning of the universe. 宇宙大爆炸是宇宙的开端。 The Big Bang happened at least 13.73 billion years ago. 它至少发生在一

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第10册

Webb Sisters,来自英国的姐妹花,姐姐Charley会谈竖琴,妹妹Hattie擅长钢琴,两个可爱的女声唱安静缓和的民谣,一大早听真的很舒服。这首1000 Stars出自她们今年5月的新专辑Savages 1000 Stars Webb S

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 天籁音乐

Hello, This is Richard, And finally Ive managed to coax Astropup into barking up the conclusion to our mini-series about his adventure in space with Marlow. If you have a good memory, you will recall that Astropup and Marlow have been captured by a s

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(220) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

We are all concerned with things that we see in the world that we are aware of. 我们总是在意这世界上我们所感知的事物。 We come to this point and say, what do I as an individual do? 我们对自己说:我能做什么? Not all of

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲设计篇

And this, then, led to my big questions. And they're the same ones that I have today. 这让我想到一个大问题。一些我今日仍然在想的问题。 And they are: why do things happen, and how do things happen? 为什么事情会发生,它们

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲设计篇

And many of the questions that we might have about the universe at large scales, 我们关于宇宙在宏观上有很多问题, such as, how does gravity work? 比如,引力是怎么起作用的? might be answered by studying these systems. 这些

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

JUDY WOODRUFF: But, first, this week marks the 100th anniversary of the publication of Albert Einstein's greatest work, a series of papers laying out the general theory of relativity. Gwen has a look at how it changed our understanding of the cosmos

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈教育系列

So when a hopeful and softspoken minister got in touch to ask if they had any usable field charts for hunting supernovae, the astronomical community thought he was out of his mind. At the time Evans had a ten-inch telescopea very respectable size for

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

The eventual result was the inflation theory, which holds that a fraction of a moment after the dawn of creation, the universe underwent a sudden dramatic expansion. It inflatedin effect ran away with itself, doubling in size every 10-34seconds. The

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

I help myself to a doughnut. Its a Bismarck, my favorite. The frosting is melting in the sun a little, and it sticks to my fingers. Clare finishes her doughnut, rolls up the cuffs of her jeans and sits cross-legged. She scratches her neck and looks a

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 时间旅行者的妻子

On Sunday night (Dec. 20), the entire internet cringed endlessly for Steve Harvey, who hosted the annual Miss Universe pageant in Las Vegas. Harvey misread his notecard and accidentally announced Ariadna Gutierrez-Arvalo, Miss Colombia, as the shows

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

视频介绍:《How the Universe Works》是一部迷你系列剧。最初从2010年4月25日到5月24日在探索频道播放。由Mike Rowe讲述。本剧共有8集:Big Bang, Black Holes, Alien Galaxies, Stars, Supernovas, Planets, Solar System

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒