In 2001 a new NASA probe was launched. Called Odyssey, it was sent to Mars to carry out the most detailed analysis ever of the planet’s surface. What it has discovered may be about to answer one of

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 火星生命

Space Mysteries 太空搜密 by Kevin Lustig The universe is a big place. In all of that space, humans have discovered many things that both fascinate and mystify us. Tune in to the National Geographic Channel this month to learn about some intriguin

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤解析英语

Only this family could take one of its sons who already had three name changes 只有这个大家庭能够接受一个已经改过三次名字的儿子 and give him a fourth, Dr. Combs 并给他第四个名字 库姆斯博士 I know the board of trus

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Although everyone calls it the Big Bang, many books caution us not to think of it as an explosion in the conventional sense. It was, rather, a vast, sudden expansion on a whopping scale. So what caused it? 虽然人人都称其为大爆炸,但许多书

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Michelle Tumes-lovely you're the sweet dreams that soothe me when i cant fall asleep you're the field in the middle of the city im rushing by in the speed of light you're the strong resolution when i found all the piece you're the church bells a ring

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

《生活大爆炸》(The Big Bang Theory) 热门喜剧《生活大爆炸》九月下旬即将回归,你是不是已经在期待了呢?你的脑中有没有经常莫名的响起那句Our whole universe was in a hot dense state... Our whole un

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

Here is a computer simulation. 这是计算机模拟。 And we need a way to simplify it. 我们需要简化它的方法。 Well, I like to think about this using an analogy. 我会用一个类比来理解。 If I want to understand the sinking of th

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

Here is an image. 这是一张照片。 Since galaxy clusters are representative slices of the universe, scaled-down versions. 因为星团可以看做是宇宙的缩小版。 They are mostly made up of dark matter, 它们也是大部分由暗物质构

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

What is extraordinary from our point of view is how well it turned out for us. If the universe had formed just a tiny bit differentlyif gravity were fractionally stronger or weaker, if the expansion had proceeded just a little more slowly or swiftlyt

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

I should say that everything is just right so far. In the long term, gravity may turn out to be a little too strong, and one day it may halt the expansion of the universe and bring it collapsing in upon itself, till it crushes itself down into anothe

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

The analogy that is usually given for explaining the curvature of space is to try to imagine someone from a universe of flat surfaces, who had never seen a sphere, being brought to Earth. No matter how far he roamed across the planet's surface, he wo

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

China has announced an ambitious space telescope program that would give the nation astronomy research capabilities to rival those of U.S. programs like the Hubble Space Telescope, according to Popular Science. The space telescope would have a lens 2

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Stephen Hawking may belauded as one of the most brilliant people living today, but can he make sense of Zayn Malik's decision to leave British boy band One Direction? Yes, yes he can. 史蒂芬霍金也许能被誉为现今在世最杰出的人之一,

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

This would mean that the universe was only half the size and age that Sandage believedten billion years. Matters took a further lurch into uncertainty when in 1994 a team from the Carnegie Observatories in California, using measures from the Hubble s

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Quantum theory is very worthy of regard, he observed politely, but he really didnt like it. God doesnt play dice, he said. Or at least that is how it is nearly always rendered. The actual quote was: It seems hard to sneak a look at Gods cards. But th

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Every object that has mass creates a little depression in the fabric of the cosmos. 凡有质量的物体在宇宙的底垫上都能造成一个小小的凹坑。 Thus the universe, as Dennis Overbye has put it, is the ultimate sagging mattress. 因此

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

英国人气偶像男团 The Wanted 新单《Show Me Love》!剔除色彩的干扰,在黑白色的影像中,我们看到最真挚的那份感情。人潮汹涌的都市里,和无数人擦身而过,最美好的那一抹微笑却消失在人海

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲

本期内容: You are not in charge of the universe, you are in charge of yourself 你并不掌管整个宇宙,但你得掌管你自己 首先,我们来学习一个单词 charge C-H-A-R-G-E 做名词是费用,主管,责任的意思 比如 a

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 口语侠每日早读

Combining Leavitt's cosmic yardstick with Vesto Slipher's handy red shifts, Edwin Hubble now began to measure selected points in space with a fresh eye. In 1923 he showed that a puff of distant gossamer in the Andromeda constellation known as M31 was

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

本期内容: Something is happening out there, and astronomers sure wish they knew what it was. For the last several years, they have been teased and baffled by mysterious bursts of radio waves from the distant universe: pops of low-frequency radi

发表于:2019-03-03 / 阅读(161) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读