SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - One of the Great Mysteries of Our Universe From VOA Learning English, this is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in Special English. I'm June Simms. Our program today is about a mystery as old as time. Bob Doughty and Sarah Long tell about th

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(465) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

在美剧Glee(《欢乐合唱团》)中,由1990年出生的长腿帅哥Grant Gustin扮演的Sebastian带领The Warblers精彩演绎了这首热门单曲。 中英歌词: The sun goes down, The stars come out And all that counts Is here and no

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(155) / 评论(0) 分类 简单易学英文歌

NO BOUNDARIES Imagine this: you are twenty-one years old and a promising graduate student at one of the top universities in the world. One day, your doctor tells you that you have an incurable disease and may not have more than twelve months to live

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 人教高中英语高二

SECTION 1: LISTENING TEST (30 minutes) Part A: Spot dictation Directions: In this part of the test, you will hear a passage and read the same passage with blanks in it. Fill in each of the blanks with

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 高级口译真题及答案

VOICE ONE: I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Bob Doughty with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. This week, we tell about a project to identify images of one million galaxies that have been captured by the Sloan Digital Sky Survey. We also tell

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(八)月

VOA's weekly science and technology magazine Art Chimes 18 December 2009 MUSIC: Our World theme This week on Our World: President Obama at the Copenhagen climate conference ... an update on the H1N1 'swine' flu ... and Science magazine's breakthrough

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Since Astropup last went into space, he has started to think big thoughts about the Universe. Now he is torn between the love of his owner, Jenny, and his thirst for space exploration. He returns to the launchpad for another mission with his companio

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

Here are some images of clusters of galaxies. 这是一些星团的照片。 They're exactly what they sound like. 正如听上去一样。 They are these huge collections of galaxies, 它们是一堆星系, bound together by their mutual gravity. 由

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

What an interesting and exciting thought. We may be only one of millions of advanced civilizations. Unfortunately, space being spacious, the average distance between any two of these civilizations is reckoned to be at least two hundred light-years, w

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Surprisingly little of the universe is visible to us when we incline our heads to the sky. Only about 6,000 stars are visible to the naked eye from Earth, and only about 2,000 can be seen from any one spot. With binoculars the number of stars you can

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Interestingly, Zwicky had almost no understanding of why any of this would happen. According to Thorne, he did not understand the laws of physics well enough to be able to substantiate his ideas. Zwicky's talent was for big ideas. OthersBaade mostlyw

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Martin Rees, Britain's astronomer royal, believes that there are many universes, possibly an infinite number, each with different attributes, in different combinations, and that we simply live in one that combines things in the way that allows us to

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Chairs. Chairs are made so that people can sit down and take a break. Anyone can sit on a chair, and if the chair's large enough, they can sit down together and tell jokes, or make up stories, or just listen. Chairs are for people and that is why cha

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

Science and technology 科学技术 Astronomy 天文学 The cosmic boogie-box 宇宙中的摇滚乐 The sky, it seems, is filled with unexpected radio signals 看上去,太空中充满了我们意想不到的无线电讯号 WHISPER it not, but doin

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. Im not sure about the former, but I know of a third example, human genius. 语音讲解 单词发音 only /ˈəʊnli $ ˈoʊn-/ infinite /ˈɪnfənət/ stupidity -y结尾的单词重读落

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

Leaders 社论 Cosmology 宇宙学 Man suddenly sees the start of the universe 揭秘宇宙的起源 The quest to understand reality takes a great leap backwards 科学新突破探索宇宙诞生之初的真相 IN THE beginning was the word and the w

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

if i could reach the stars i'd pull one down for you 如果我能触碰星辰,我会为你摘下一颗 shine it on my heart so you could see the truth 让它照亮我的心,好让你能看见真相, that this love i have inside is everything it seems

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

时尚最前线:The Wanted-Glad you came 出道单曲All Time Low,发行日期为2010-7-5。这支单曲第一周就一举拿下了英国单曲榜的冠军。于2011年07月10日发行Glad You Came专辑,并凭借同名歌曲登上英国UK单曲榜

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

A: Whats up? You dont look too good. B: Yeah, my head hurts, thats all. Ive been in physics class all day. Its killer! A: I liked physics. Its all math, really; arcs, curves, velocity, cool stuff. B: Yeah, yeah, but todays lesson was all about the cr

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 英语播客-EnglishPod

This was truly startling. The universe was expanding, swiftly and evenly in all directions. It didn't take a huge amount of imagination to read backwards from this and realize that it must therefore have started from some central point. Far from bein

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史