In the square outside the British Library in London is a sculpture of Sir Isaac Newton - The first man who asked why apples seem always to fall towards the centre of the earth. Maybe they chose it for the spot because it shows a great scientist at wo

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英文杂志-Magazine

Technology Report - Astronomers Still Look to Hubble Space Telescope 科技报道 - 哈勃太空望远镜20年后威力不减 This is the VOA Special English Technology Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语科技报道节目。 The Hubble Space T

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Lesson 59 In or out? New words and expressions: 1. bark Our dog, Rex, used to sit outside our front gate and bark. The dog barked at the visitor. You can hear dogs bark in the distance in the dark. 2. press As the neighbors complained of the noise, m

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(435) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语词汇随身听手册2

[00:40.18]When we talk about the universe,we mean the earht,the sun, [00:47.83]the moon and the stars,and the space between them. [00:55.20]Many of the stars cannot be seen because seen because they are too far away. [02:12.57]The moon travels round

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 初中英语人教版初三

Hello and Welcome to News and Reports on China Radio International. In This Edition UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon urges the Security Council to take concrete action to protect civilians in Libya. The United States is to impose unilateral and multi

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2011CRI中国国际广播电台

1998 翻译延伸 3、Astrophysicists working with ground-based detectors at the South Pole and balloon borne instruments are closing in on such structures, and may report their findings soon. 【分析】 简单句。and连接两个并列的谓语ar

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Mirsky . Got a minute ? Future cosmologists will get the universe all wrong, said Arizona States Lawrence Krauss at the AAAS Meeting on February 16th: All of the pillars of the big bang will

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

Short Conversation接受绩效评估 A:This is your annual performance review.You did a good job for the first year. B:Thank you,sir.I tried my best. A:You demonstrated your ability to manage all accounts very well by responding to the clients prom

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英文导学

Questioning the universe Stephen Hawking There is nothing bigger or older than the universe. The questions I would like to talk about are: one, where did we come from? How did the universe come into being? Are we alone in the universe? Is there alien

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 跟希哥学英语

NASA, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration was established on July 29th, 1958. It was responsible for the USAs space exploration programme. NASA has changed the way we live here on Earth, and the way we look at the universe. President Dw

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

What is the cosmological effect of singer Zayn Malik leaving the best-selling boy band One Direction and consequently disappointing millions of teenage girls around the world? 歌手泽恩马利克退出热门的单向男孩乐队,进而导致数以百

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

if i could reach the stars, pull one down for you shine it on my heart so u could see the truth that this love i hve inside is everything it seems but for now i find, its only in my dreams that i can change the world i would be your sunlight in your

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

Shortly after Copernicus, in the 1580s, an Italian friar, Giordano Bruno, 哥白尼死后不久,在十六世纪80年代,意大利修道士焦尔达诺布鲁诺提出, suggested the stars were suns that likely had their own planets and that the

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

So here's a great puzzle: in a universe ruled by the second law of thermodynamics, 所以,这就是个大谜团:在宇宙中,在被热力学第二定律规范下, how is it possible to generate the sort of complexity I've described, 怎么样才

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

And this is how it works. Gravity is more powerful where there's more stuff. 这就是它怎么运作的。重力场的作用力更大,拥有比较多的物质。 So where you get slightly denser areas, gravity starts compacting clouds of hydrogen

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Particle physics, in short, is a hugely expensive enterprisebut it is a productive one. Today the particle count is well over 150, with a further 100 or so suspected, but unfortunately, in the words of Richard Feynman, it is very difficult to underst

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Hubble realized that this could be expressed with a simple equation, Ho = v/d (where Ho is the constant, v is the recessional velocity of a flying galaxy, andd its distance away from us). Ho has been known ever since as the Hubble constant and the wh

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

In 1919, now aged thirty, he moved to California and took up a position at the Mount Wilson Observatory near Los Angeles. Swiftly, and more than a little unexpectedly, he became the most outstanding astronomer of the twentieth century. 1919年,他已

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

歌曲 : Aliens Rainbows 艺人 : Ferras 音乐星级 : ★★★★★ 所属专辑 : Aliens Rainbows 发行年代 : 2008 风格 : Pop Rock 相关介绍 : 歌手兼作曲家 Ferras 有着能够掀起风浪的出众才能,而制作人组合 the Matrix 和 Gary Clark 的加入使得Ferras的才能显得

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

仅凭帅气的外表就捕获了很多MM的心吧。看过《四叶草》的朋友肯定对这首歌特别熟悉。伴着动感的节奏,一星期当中的5天随着肆意的音乐快速流过 it was love at first sight on the second of july met h

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲