unfold unify unique unity universe update upgrade uphold upright urban urge utilise utmost vacant vain valid valve van variation variety vary vast vegetation vihicle veil vein velocity velvet vent ventilate venture verbal verdict verge verify versat

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(168) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方六级词汇

In March 2000, two astronomers made an extraordinary discovery, one that is set to overturn our understanding of how the universe formed. We're never going to see a time like this in astronomy again.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(346) / 评论(0) 分类 超大质量黑洞

AS IT IS 2015-12-22 Miss Universe Pageant Mixes Up Crown 世界小姐选美大赛弄混冠军 There was a surprising finish to this years Miss Universe pageant. 今年的世界小姐选美大赛的结局有些出人意料。 At first, it looked as if

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

在这个网络时代,人们的生活节奏在加快,词汇的变化也在日新月异。我们每每在刷微博朋友圈时就会发现又有新的词汇出现,比如什么然并卵城会玩之类。而在英语中,也出现了很多这样的

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Each night after the sunsets, sit back, look up and you can witness an epic drama playing above our heads. One involving a cast of billions, the stars. Every one with its own story to tell. There are old red giants, so puffed up. They are coming apar

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2015年

But when a star is born and starts its life story, scientists have discovered that something else very important can begin. The first person to get an inkling of the second story of creation was Nicolas C, the father of modern astronomy, an accidenta

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2015年

befuddlement n 迷惑不解;(因喝酒)晕迷 【记】be使成为,fuddle(vt 灌醉;vi 狂饮;n 烂醉。读:发抖。喝得烂醉如泥就会发抖。)-使醉,醉了以后就会迷惑

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 不择手段背单词

In either case, get ready for a really big bang. 无论哪种情况,准备好来一次真正的大爆炸。 Naturally, you will wish to retire to a safe place to observe the spectacle. 很自然,你希望退避到一个安全的地方来观察这个

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Are you the one The traveler in time who has come To heal my wounds to lead me to the sun To walk this path with me until the end of time Are you the one Who sparkles in the night like fireflies Eternity of evening sky Facing the morning eye to eye A

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Now the Sun will be burning hydrogen as the stars doing in the main sequence until the hydrogen is exhausted in the core, and at that point the stars start to die, the outer layer of the Sun will expand, the Sun will move away from the main sequence

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2015年

Gravitational Waves Detected, Einstein Is Right 引力波存在证明爱因斯坦是正确的 尽管花费了100年时间,最终科学家还是证明了爱因斯坦的理论是正确的,引力波确实存在 The waves were predicted as part of Ei

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Despite Paralysis, Hawking's Mind Soars When he turned 70 in 2012, Hawking was honored with a special exhibit at Londons Science Museum. The tribute gave visitors an inside look at the life and work of one of the world's greatest minds. We have some

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(一月)

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: I have this distant memory of one of the places where I read A Wrinkle In Time. It was an elementary school desk toward the left side of the classroom, I think near the window. Of course, the action in the novel happened in no pa

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

Coincidentally, at about the time that Einstein was affixing a cosmological constant to his theory, at the Lowell Observatory in Arizona, an astronomer with the cheerily intergalactic name of Vesto Slipher (who was in fact from Indiana) was taking sp

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

The Lithic Principle 我们生活的星球上自然法则是亘古不变的吗?我们人类是不是自我感觉太过于良好? Time again for the mailbox.Let's see.Here:A Moment Of Science,I heard recently that if the laws of nature were change

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

This is counter to all expectations. It appears that the universe may not only be filled with dark matter, but with dark energy. Scientists sometimes also call it vacuum energy or, more exotically, quintessence. Whatever it is, it seems to be driving

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

At least the names for the two main possible culprits are entertaining: they are said to be either WIMPs (for Weakly Interacting Massive Particles, which is to say specks of invisible matter left over from the Big Bang) or MACHOs (for MAssive Compact

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

This uncertainty applies, incidentally, to relatively nearby things as much as to the distant edges of the universe. As Donald Goldsmith notes, when astronomers say that the galaxy M87 is 60 million light-years away, what they really mean (but do not

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

I am elated and truly , truly , truly excited to be 我很高兴 也非常非常非常激动 present and fully connected to you at this important moment in your journey 能够到场 出席大家人生旅程中的这一重要时刻 I want to thank the

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

you're the sweet dreams that soothe me when i cant fall asleep you're the field in the middle of the city im rushing by in the speed of light you're the strong resolution when i found all the piece you're the church bells a ringin in the evening im a

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲