The Hubble When most people think of space, what comes to mind are names like 1) John Glenn and Neil Armstrong. When scientists think about space, the name that comes to mind is Hubble, a space telesc

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2003年

[00:03.38]1998 [00:06.71]They were, by far, [00:07.93]the largest and most distant objects [00:10.14]that scientists had ever detected: [00:12.36]a strip of enormous cosmic clouds [00:14.67]some 15 billion light-years from earth. [00:17.40](1)But ev

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 历年考研英语翻译

UNIT 8 TEXT A victim of an incurable disease, Stephen Hawking is almost completely paralysed, confined to a wheelchair, and unable to speak. Yet, he has overcome every obstacle and achieved far more t

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语精读第五册

The universe is a pretty big place. The funny thing is each of us who live here occupy our own little world. Take the case of Tip, an ordinary girl with a mom who loves her and a cat named Pig. Now she never imagine that a million miles away was a lo

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science, I'm Steve Mirsky, got a minute? Every Star Trek fan knows theres matter and antimatter, but why is there apparently so much more matter than antimatter?Scientific American's JR Minkel: Two recent exp

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

本月8号,伟大的物理学家史蒂芬霍金将迎来他70岁寿辰,为此他接受了《新科学家》杂志的采访,当被问到白天思考的最多的是什么时,霍金教授语出惊人:是女人,女人完全是个谜。 史蒂芬

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

When most people think of space, what come to mind are names like John Glenn and Neil Armstrong. When scientists think about space, the name that comes to mind is Hubble, a space telescope we sent on a twenty-year Journey to explore the origins of th

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

英语口译之《功夫熊猫1》六: [Scene: Po gets in the Palace by using a fire-rocket, and then he is selected as the Dragon Warrior.] -Po: What's going on? 怎么回事? Where...? 我在哪? What are you pointing...? 你在指什么? O

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

很多同学留言说不知道如何划分句子成分,那你知道句子构成了吗?下面就跟小编一起看看句子的基本成分有哪些吧,希望今天为大家整理的这篇文章可以让大家学会英语语法。 什么叫句子成

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 大学四六级阅读

The Big Bang theory isn't about the bang itself but about what happened after the bang. Not long after, mind you. By doing a lot of math and watching carefully what goes on in particle accelerators, scientists believe they can look back to 10-43secon

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

英文歌词 : Michelle Tumes-lovely you're the sweet dreams that soothe me when i cant fall asleep you're the field in the middle of the city im rushing by in the speed of light you're the strong resolution when i found all the piece you're the church

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Ranga-Ram Chary, U.S. Planck Data Center's project manager in California, recently discovered a mysterious glow by mapping the Cosmic Microwave Background, otherwise known as the light that was left over from a few hundred thousand years after the Bi

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Questions 12-20 The elements other than hydrogen and helium exist In such small quantities that it is accurate to say that the universe somewhat more than 25 percent helium by weight and somewhat less than 25 percent hydrogen. Astronomers have measur

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

今天我们分享的是一篇哲理性的文章。 A big dog saw a puppy chasing its tail and asked: Why are you chasing your tail that way? I have studied philosophy and solved the problem of the universe, which no other dog before me had ever solv

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

First, a video. Yes, it is a scrambled egg. But as you look at it, I hope you'll begin to feel just slightly uneasy. 首先,来段录像。对,这是个被搅拌的鸡蛋。但是,当你看它的时候,我希望你能开始感受到有一点点

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Lesson 6 eReport 第六课 英文札记 November 13 12月13日 Exploring Space 探索太空 In the past, people could only guess at what was out in space. 过去,世人只能猜想太空中有什么东西。 People even thought the Earth was the ce

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 大家说英语

Dear John, I have been seriously looking back upon our relationship and getting very clear on what I need and desire out of a relationship. The conclusion I have come to is that we are too different in both our personality and our desired lifestyles

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

It is dawn and the sun is rising 黎明,朝阳升起 as it has every day for the last 5 billion years. 五十亿年如一日 For millennia it has been a constant golden disk 千万年来,太阳一直有如一个金色圆盘般地 shining its unch

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 太阳科普

get real 面对现实 One day I'm going to marry that star. 总有一天,我要和那位电影明星结婚。 Oh, come on.Will you get real? 拜托你醒醒吧! pipe dream 白日梦 He has a pipe dream about becoming emperor of the universe. 他有

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 美国人这样说英语

I never really made it To the human That you wanted me to be The glamour parade night After night Wasn't me I would rather be alone With aliens and rainbows On the other side Of the universe And finally this is me This is my coup de grace My reality

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅