John F. Kennedy: Moon Speech at Rice University Despite the striking fact that most of the scientists that the world has ever known are alive and working today, despite the fact that this nation's own

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2004年

A Reporter Quotes His Sources by William L Shirer Its rather difficult in these noisy, confusing, nerve-racking days to achieve the peace of mind in which to pause for a moment to reflect on what you believe in. Theres so little time and opportunity

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

58Shout it aloud, do not hold back. Raise your voice like a trumpet. Declare to my people their rebellion and to the house of Jacob their sins. 2For day after day they seek me out; they seem eager to know my ways, as if they were a nation that does w

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 以赛亚书

5 Crossing The Rubicon 越过卢比孔河 James Baldwin 詹姆斯.鲍德温 The march to Italy was begun. The soldiers were even more enthusiastic than caesar (2) himself. They climb- ed mountains, waded rivers, endured fatigue, faced all kinds of

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 陈冠商英语背诵文选合集

1. extracurricular /ˌekstrəkə'rɪkjʊlə/ -- outside the regular curriculum or course of study Why don't you join an extracurricular activity, such as a club, the school newspaper or a team? 你为什么不参加一项课外活动呢?例如社团

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 突破英文词汇

12. Barack Obama President's State of the Union Address 12. 巴拉克 . 奥巴马总统国情咨文 Madam Speaker, Vice President Biden, members of Congress, distinguished guests, and fellow Americans: 众议院议长女士、副总统拜登、诸位国

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 历史英雄名人演讲

It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone-but it takes a lifetime to forget someone. 迷上一个人只需一分钟,喜欢上一个人需要一小时,爱上一个人需要一天,但是忘

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(173) / 评论(0) 分类 情满人间的温馨故事

Dying Speech of an Old Philosopher I strove with none for none was worth my strife; Nature I loved, and, next to nature, art I warm'd both hands before the fire of life; It sinks, and I am ready to depart. 我和谁都不争, 和谁争我都不屑;

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

A Psalm of Life 人生礼颂 Herry Wadsworth Longfellow/享利.沃兹渥斯.朗费罗 Tell me not in mournful numbers, 请别用哀伤的诗句对我讲; Life is but an empty dream! 人生呵,无非是虚梦一场! For the soul is dead that slu

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

Ukraine's Central Election Commission says it will no investigate allegations of vote rigging from the February 7 ballot Stefan Bos | Uzhhorod, Ukraine 14 February 2010 Ukraine's Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko speaks at a cabinet meeting during its

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Syrian Refugees Resented by Some in Turkey Antakya, a small city near Turkey's border with Syria. Some residents recently protested against Syrian refugees here and some have asked police to remove them from their neighborhoods. Syria's civil war has

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十月)

five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred moments so dear five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes how do you measure -- measure a year? in daylights -- in sunsets in midnights --

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

Come to the festal board tonight, 快来,参加今晚聚会, For bright-eyed beauty will be there, 那美丽的,大眼睛姑娘要来, Her coral lips in nectar steeped, 她珊瑚色嘴唇,浸透花蜜, And garlanded her hair. 头上戴着,

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

Out of the way, in a corner of our dear old attic room, 走向那边角落,古老亲切的,阁楼台阶, Where bunches of herbs from the hillside shake ever a faint perfume, 山坡上采的药草,依然散发清淡芬芳, An oaken chest is

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

Hi!everybody, this is Tod Smith with Little Things Matter.The Title of today's lesson is Happiness is a Choice 大家好。我是托德史密斯为您讲述小事业重要。今天课程的题目是幸福是一种选择。 Although it may be tempting

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语听力文章

Doubts, fears, pessimism, and disappointments in life can appear like mountains and will rob you of hope. 生活中的怀疑、恐惧、悲观和失望就像连绵不绝的山脉,会夺去你的希望。 Napoleon Hill said, All down through the roa

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语听力文章

The applause of listening senates to command, 欲赢得伸耳谛听的元老们的掌声, The threats of pain and ruin to despise, 痛苦和存亡的威胁全然不顾, To scatter plenty o'er a smiling land, 把富庶洒向风景明媚的大地,

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第六册

The Strenuous Life艰辛的人生 Theodore Roosevelt A life of slothful ease, a life of that peace which springs merely from lack either of desire or of power to strive after great things, is as little worthy of a nation as an individual. We do n

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A Psalm of Life by Herry Wadsworth Longfellow 人生礼颂享利.沃兹渥斯.朗费罗 Tell me not in mournful numbers, 请别用哀伤的诗句对我讲; Life is but an empty dream! 人生呵,无非是虚梦一场! For the soul is dead that slumb

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes 五十二万五千六百分钟 Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear 五十二万五千个精彩时刻 Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes 五十二万五千六百分钟

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(255) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语