Thomas Jefferson 托马斯杰斐逊 While the Presidential election was taking place in the House of Representatives, 当总统选举正在众议院进行的时候, amid scenes of great excitement, strife and intrigue, which was to decide whether J

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人故事之政界精英

Obama Speaks to African Union on Last Day of Africa Trip 奥巴马非洲之行最后一天向非盟发表演讲 U.S. President Barack Obama ended his East Africa trip Tuesday with a speech to the African Union. He spoke in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Mr.

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

奥林匹克圣歌(Olympic Anthem)1896年在雅典第1届奥运会的开幕式上,国王乔治一世宣布奥运会开幕以后,合唱队唱起了一首庄严而动听的歌曲《奥林匹克圣

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

Industrial strife has hit British Airways after the talks between the airline and the main union collapsed. The general secretary of the union Unite says British Airways offered its workers a ridiculous deal on pay and staffing levels. The airline sa

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2010年

佳作翻译:兰德诗歌《生与死》杨绛等英译版欣赏 【编者按】对于学者杨绛的逝世,我们最好的缅怀方式就是重温她的佳作,体会她的情思与眼中的世界。小编就带大家一起欣赏她广为流传的诗

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

The people of Zimbabwe are in the process of drafting a new constitution that is aimed at bringing new elections and ending years of political strife. As part of the process, specially trained leaders are consulting with citizens across the country i

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

美联社,新闻一分钟,1. Insurgents in Iraq attacked 2 more diplomats, one Arab and another Muslim, just days after gunmen seized Egypt's top envoy to Baghdad. 2. Natalee Holloway's mother asks Aruba not to let 2 brothers

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2005

226. Death of Washington, 1799. 226.华盛顿的去世(1799年) In the midst of this excitement George Washington died. 在这个群情激昂的时期,华盛顿去世了。 People forgot how strongly he had taken the Federalist side in the la

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

The apartheid destruction on my subcontinent is in calculable. The fabric of family life of millions of my people has been shattered. Millions are homeless and unemployed. Our economy lies in ruins and our people are embroiled in political strife. Ou

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

This, I propose to offer, we are going to larger purposes, bind upon us, bind upon us all, as a sacred obligation with a unity of duty, hitherto evoked only in times of armed strife. 我倡议,为了更伟大的目标,我们所有的人,以一致

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

Libyan rebels retook the strategic crossroads town of Ajdabiya which they lost just over a week ago, as airstrikes by coalition warplanes pound forces loyal to Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi. Unrest also continues in Syria and Yemen, following protest

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

英文歌词: Orange Blossom Ring---The Klezmatics I loved a man so kind and sweet And every night we used to meet He gave to me my orange blossom ring. He got in trouble down in town The deputy sheriff shot him down I wore his golden orange blossom rin

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

AS IT IS 2013-05-25 New Exhibit Showcases Muslim Women Hello there, Im June Simms in Washington. Thank you for joining us for As It Is. Today, we travel back in time to remember one of the most historic events in science fiction history. We also take

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(六)月

By Lisa Schlein Geneva 21 May 2008 The U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees, Antonio Guterres, warns extreme poverty, climate change and civil strife are generating more refugees around the world. He says the growing number of refugees and migrants is

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(五月)

Tourists have returned to Thailand's beaches but, the resort island faces political strife and the global financial crisis. Daniel Schearf | Phuket, Thailand 21 December 2009 Today, the Thailand's beaches show evidence that the tourists have returned

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Ukraine Strife Complicates Investment Climate in Russia Russias recent actions in Ukraine shook investors and initially sent stock prices down and gold prices up. Investors are also worried about U.S. sanctions and Russian threats to seize foreign as

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(309) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(三月)

Surviving the Gender Divide 幸存的性别鸿沟 陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他有事去找美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) A: Hi Chen Hao, how are you? C: 我有个问题,要请教你。你有时间吗? A: Sure. I don't have

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Make way for Liberty! he cried; 请给自由让路!他高声叫道。 Made way for Liberty, and died! 不自由,毋宁死! In arms the Austrian phalanx stood, 面对奥匈帝国荷枪实弹的士兵, A living wall, a human wood! 一座呼吸的

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

Tuesday is the first anniversary of the deal that brought about Zimbabwe's national unity government, known as the Global Political Agreement. Most Zimbabweans, who believed it would end years of political strife and suffering caused by a collapsing

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(九月)

The U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees, Antonio Guterres, warns extreme poverty, climate change and civil strife are generating more refugees around the world. He says the growing number of refugees and migrants is leading to more intolerance and xe

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年5月