Lean Odds for Pisa’s Tower The Leaning Tower of Pisa is the most intensely observed building in the world. Prof. John Burland (Imperial College of Science and Technology): When you come in through t

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(172) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2004年

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他有事去找美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) A:Hi Chen Hao, how are you? C:我有个问题,要请教你。你有时间吗? A:Sure. I don't have anything on my calendar for another hour. What'

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(157) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语

30The sayings of Agur son of Jakeh-an oracle : This man declared to Ithiel, to Ithiel and to Ucal: 2I am the most ignorant of men; I do not have a man's understanding. 3I have not learned wisdom, nor have I knowledge of the Holy One. 4Who has gone up

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 箴言

A Psalm of Life 人生礼颂 Herry Wadsworth Longfellow/享利.沃兹渥斯.朗费罗 Tell me not in mournful numbers, 请别用哀伤的诗句对我讲; Life is but an empty dream! 人生呵,无非是虚梦一场! For the soul is dead that slu

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本

A psalm of life 人生礼颂 Herry Wadsworth Longfellow/享利.沃兹渥斯.朗费罗 Tell me not in mournful numbers, 请别用哀伤的诗句对我讲; Life is but an empty dream! 人生呵,无非是虚梦一场! For the soul is dead that slu

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 世界上最美丽的英文-人生短篇

16. Carry On! 坚持 by Robert William Service 伯特威廉塞维斯 It's easy to fight when everything's right, 当一切顺顺当当战斗真易如反掌, And you're mad with the thrill and the glory; 激动和荣誉使你如痴似狂; It's eas

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 陈冠商英语背诵文选合集

Whether it will become a force for good or ill depends on man, and only if the United States occupies a position of pre-eminence can we help decide whether this new ocean will be a sea of peace or a new terrifying theater of war. I do not say that we

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

【 collation 】 Livy set out to write a brief history of early Rome, celebrating its glories and virtues, propaganda for the reforms of Augustus. What he had to go on were stories handed down over t

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 罗马的崛起

A Psalm of Life Life is but an empty dream! For the soul is dead that slumbers, And things are not what they seem. Life is real! Life is earnest! And the grave is not its goal; Dust thou art, to dust returnest, Was not spoken of the soul. Not enjoyme

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Orange Blossom Ring---The Klezmatics I loved a man so kind and sweet And every night we used to meet He gave to me my orange blossom ring. He got in trouble down in town The deputy sheriff shot him down I wore his golden orange blossom ring. 'Twas on

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

了解一个英文习语的来龙去脉,有助于我们理解记忆进而实际运用这样的习语。下面这11个有趣的习语表达,你知道它们背后的故事吗? 1. 我们为什么bury the hatchet(冰释前嫌,直译为将短柄小斧

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Let's go I am the nemesis of sense and moderation I will annihilate, twist and break and devastate Show me your enemy and I will bring him to his knees Footprints of death I will leave in wake I am pain, I am darkness, I am strife I am the constant e

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

How much do you get paid? Don't answer that out loud. 你的工资是多少?先别说出来。 But put a number in your head. 在脑子里想一下。 Now: How much do you think the person sitting next to you gets paid? Again, don't answer out loud

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

BEIRUT, Jan. 20 (Xinhua) -- Caretaker Lebanese(黎巴嫩) Prime Minister Saad Hariri said Thursday he will not quit the race to form Lebanon's new cabinet. In a brief speech broadcasted in the local Future TV, Hariri said his Future Movement parl

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Everyone office has that one person who just doesn't seem to play nicely with others. 每个办公室都有这样的人:他们似乎和别人无法友好的相处。 Most of us worry about making big blunders at work, but it's often it's more subtl

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

It's a long road down the river deep and wild Every twist and turn a wonder-dale It's a scary ride we'd give anything to take Let yourself Bleed Leave a footprint on every island you see Hey you, child of rape, the riverbed awaits Snow white, pitch-b

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

For 55 years, Harper Lee had been one of the best-known literary one hit wonders: she won the Pulitzer prize for her only published novel, To Kill a Mockingbird. But now the 88-year-old has revealed that she will publish a second novel this summer, w

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

5. A Psalm of Life 5.人生礼赞 Tell me not, in mournful numbers, 别对我用忧伤的调子 Life is but an empty dream!- 说生活不过是一场梦 For the soul is dead that slumbers, 因为灵魂倦了,就等于死 And things are not what t

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

This is my destiny coming to pass This is my one and only life torn and Splintered, fallen apart This is the night that Ive been drawn Towards so many times This night consumed my light All I ever wanted was to break free From the night All I ever wa

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

My Hero 我心目中的英雄 My father was my hero,throughout my life. 我父亲是我的英雄,在我一生从未改变。 The father of eight children,he saw his share of strife. 身为八个孩子的父亲,他清楚自己的重任。 When I w

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读