STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And Im Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we travel to India by way of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C. This cultural organization is c

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(三)月

A: Order! B: Your Honor, I am ready to make my plea. A: Whats your plea? B: I am pleading not guilty. A: But all the evidence points to you. B: I am not the guilty party A: What are you saying? B: I am not the person who committed that crime. A: Who

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-犯罪

A: Order in the court! B: I would like to make my plea. A: What is it? B: I would like to plead not guilty. A: You do realize that all the evidence points to you? B: I know. But I did not do it. A: How do you figure that? B: I didnt commit the crime.

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-犯罪

BBC Learning English London Life South African in London Jackie: Hello, I'm Jackie Dalton. You're listening to BBC Learning English dot com. Today: what's it like to be a foreigner living in London? Clips Lindsay Jackie: We're going to talk to Linds

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 伦敦生活

by Adam Freedman. Todays topic: Bounty Hunters! But first, your daily dose of legalese: This podcast does not create an attorney-client relationship with any listener. In other words, although I am a lawyer, Im not your lawyer. In fact, we barely kno

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

A: Can I help you? B: May I talk to you about transferring schools? A: Where would you like to transfer to? B: I havent figured that out yet. A: You have more than enough time to figure it out. B: What must I do to transfer? A: First, you have to com

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

Adam and Constance were very religious. Both had been raised in Catholic families. Except for her uncle Chandler, who was agnostic, all their relatives were devout Catholics. Adams oldest brother was, in fact, a priest. Adam, as a youth, had been an

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Douglas MacArthur: Born to Be a SoldierWritten by Paul Thompson (MUSIC) ANNCR: Now, the VOA Special English program PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today Rich Kleinfeldt and Sarah Long tell about one of the most unusual and successful American military leaders, G

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Todays topic is the use of feminine nouns such as actress and comedienne. These days, people often see such terms as sexist, but it's also common to hear at least some of them. So what exactly are the modern rules for using such terms? Actually, this

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

DEVELOPMENT REPORT – March 4, 2002: Gates Foundation By Jill Moss This is the VOA Special English Development Report. The richest man in the world is an American, Bill Gates. He started Microsoft, t

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

This is the VOA Special English Technology Report. Tens of thousands of people travel to Austin, Texas each year to attend the South by Southwest festival. The festival is most famous for its music and film presentations. In recent years it has also

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(三)月

By Franz Wild Abidjan 16 March 2006 In Benin, the two leading candidates in the first round of presidential elections are trying to gain support from those candidates who fared poorly in the first rou

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(三月)

Texas County Recovering from Wildfires Bastrop County, in the southern U.S. state of Texas, was hit by the most destructive wildfires in the state's history earlier this year. More than 1,600 homes were wiped out and the state park was decimated. Now

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

Young Entrepreneur Specializes in iPhones A quiet Los Angeles neighborhood is home to TechWorld, a hospital for iPhones. And the brain behind TechWorld is Vincent Quigg. Im 18-years-old. Im a college student. And Im the CEO [chief executive officer]

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

US Supreme Court to Consider Same-Sex Marriage Same-sex couples are getting marriage licenses in Washington state, where voters approved gay marriage in November. But their unions are not federally-recognized. That could change, thanks to Edie Windso

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

Afghan Youth Orchestra Goes From Kabul to Broadway The young performers and instructors of the Afghan Youth Orchestra are used to snow in Kabul. And when a powerful storm dumped nearly 25 centimeters of the white powder on New York City, the second s

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(二月)

Supreme Court to Rule on Gay Marriage in US Supporters of gay marriage believe public momentum is on their side as they prepare for two legal showdowns at the Supreme Court. Weve gone from zero states to now nine states plus the District of Columbia,

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

A: You're here today to argue your ticket? B: I am. A: Plead your case. B: The police officer that pulled me over said I was speeding. A: Were you speeding when you got pulled over? B: I was not speeding. A: How fast were you going? B: In a 40 mph zo

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

A: I was wondering if the buyers have accepted my counteroffer. B: Yes, I just faxed you the information an hour ago. The buyers have a counteroffer for you. A: How much did they counteroffer? B: They now are offering to pay ten thousand less than yo

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

Song Ying is a white-collar worker living in Shanghai. She moved there two years ago from Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region. After some serious efforts, she acquired a local hukou. Life has since become much easier for her. First, it is far more convenie

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台