[00:00.74]About Youth [00:03.80]No young man believes he will ever die. [00:08.29] It was a saying of my brother's, and a fine one. [00:12.23]There is a feeling of eternity in youth, [00:14.30]which makes us amend for everything. [00:16.71]To be youn

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业晨读美文

Unit 7 Counteroffer 还盘 Basic Expressions 1. Our counteroffer is as follows. 我们还盘如下。 2. Our counteroffer is well founded. 我们的还价是很合理的。 3. Your counteroffer is not up to the present market level. 你的还价是不符

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸实务口语

Words and Their Stories: Mouth Expressions 词汇典故 - 有关嘴的常用表达 Now, the VOA Special English program WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. 现在是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故节目。 People use their mouths for many things. They eat,

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(六)月

A: Have the owners come up with a counter-offer to my offer to buy their home yet? B: The owners have counter-offered three hundred and thirty-five thousand dollars. A: Should I accept their offer? B: There are two ways to respond. You can either com

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

BBC Learning English London Life The South Bank Anna:Hello, I'm Anna Jones and this is London Life. And today were looking at the cultural side of London life and one area in particular which has many cultural events on offer. Our Learning English c

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 伦敦生活

A: We need to stop so I can shop for some souvenirs at the souvenir stand. B: Do you have anything in particular that you are looking for? A: I love to go clothes-shopping when I travel or buy a new piece of jewelry. B: The kids in my family love get

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语对话

A: Lets stop and look at the souvenirs at the souvenir stand. B: What types of souvenirs were you looking for? A: When I travel, I usually like to bring back a special necklace or clothing. B: I end up buying a lot of stuff for the kids in my family.

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语对话

Libyan Opposition Gives War Lessons to Youth The uprising against the 41-year rule of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi began peacefully. But when government troops used force to suppress the demonstrations, they escalated into what increasingly looks li

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(四月)

A: I really like the way this house looks. B: Yes, it has great curb appeal. A: The landscaping is wonderful! B: Yes, it is nice, but wait until you see the interior. A: Oh, I see what you mean! B: The carpeting and paint are all new, as well as the

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

A: I would like to pick a time to look at houses with you. B: Would mornings or afternoons be best for you? A: It is easier for me to take off work in the afternoon. B: It is best if we can go during the week; does that work for you? A: Because of wo

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

A: Are you here about your ticket? B: Yes, I am, Your Honor. A: What is your argument? B: Your Honor, the police officer pulled me over for speeding. A: You must've been speeding. B: No, Your Honor, I was not. A: Tell me how many miles per hour you w

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

BBC Learning English London Life The Housing Ladder [ATMOS of Chris looking for a flat] William:This is London Life and Im William Kremer. Chris Hanley is standing outside an old house in West London. [ATMOS of Chris looking for a flat] William:Chri

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 伦敦生活

According to the National Population Census in 2010, there are 13 million unregistered people in China, accounting for 1 percent of its population. The Public Security Ministry declared last week that it would help these citizens obtain proper recogn

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

THIS IS AMERICA -August 26, 2002: Mount Vernon By Jerilyn Watson VOICE ONE: Millions of people have visited the beautiful country home of the first president of the United States. It is Mount Vernon i

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(181) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

A wet Sunday in a country inn ! Whoever has had the luck to experience one(1) can alone judge of(2) my situation. The rain pattered against the casements; the bells tolled for church with a melancholy sound. I went to the windows in quest of somethi

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵文选第一册

I cried a tear我伤心地哭,流下了眼泪 You wiped it dry你帮我擦干 I was confused我内心迷茫混乱 You cleared my mind你使我思路清晰 I sold my soul我出卖了我的心灵 You bought it back for me你又把它还给了我 And held me up and gave me dignity帮助我,给我尊严

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

There are gains for all our losses. There are balms for all our pain; But when youth,the dream,departs, It takes something from our hearts, And it never comes again. We are stronger, and are better, Under manhoods sterner reign; Still we feel that so

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 英语杂谈

BBC Learning English People and Places David Coulthard Jackie: Hello, welcome to the programme, with me Jackie Dalton. I dont know if this sound means anything to you, but to me it conjures up images of my dad dropping off to sleep in front of the t

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 人与地方

For Xu Man, 22, a senior in international business at Peking University, studying at a graduate school abroad doesnt simply mean gaining a foreign diploma. 22岁的徐曼(音译)是北京大学国际商务专业的一名大三学生。对她而言,

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

I'm going to talk a little bit about an embarrassing situation. In Japan, I've lost my wallet four times. The first time I lost my wallet I was in a taxi cab going home late at night and my wallet slipped out of my pocket and I didn't notice. The sec

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个