英语作文 Direction:For this part,you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition in three paragraphs.You are given the first sentence of the three paragrapgs.Your part of the composition should be no less than 100 words,not including the words giv

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Todd: So, Mark, I heard that you are going to be leaving Tokyo pretty soon. Mark: I am. I'm getting out of the city. Todd: Ah, man, so when you go back to America are you going to live in a big city like Atlanta or Birmingham? Mark: Well, I from Birm

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

A: Your office called and said that the owners had made a counter-offer to my offer to purchase their house. B: To your offer of three hundred and twenty thousand dollars, the owners have counter-offered three hundred and thirty-five thousand dollars

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is capitalizing tricky nouns like Ground Zero, Internet, and Earth. Quite a few people have asked me whether they should capitalize the words Internet, Web, and website, including Chris from Olney, Maryland; Matt from

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Education Report - For Some Teens, a Busy Life Takes Fun Out of High School 教育报道 - 繁重学业使高中生丧失学习兴趣 This is the VOA Special English Education Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语教育报道。 For years the Uni

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(七)月

SCIENCEINTHENEWS-ResearchShowsThinningSnowLayersintheRockyMountainsoverHundreds FAITH LAPIDUS: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Im Faith Lapidus. BOB DOUGHTY: And Im Bob Doughty. Today, we tell about evidence of what some scientist

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(171) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(八)月

South Dakota Retains Unique Vintage Charm If youre into time travel, time warps, time capsules, that sort of thing, you should take a trip to the high-plains state of South Dakota. Youll feel like youre back in the 1940s. That was long before high-sp

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

Bird Counts Show Species Decreasing Huntley Meadows Park in Fairfax County, Virginia, is home to a wide variety of birds. That's where Ana Arguelles and her husband, Jeff Wneck, who live next to the 588-hectare wetlands, take part in the annual count

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

Cathy Majtenyi | Nairobi, Kenya 16 December 2009 Members of the Kenyan Boys Choir are thrilling audiences worldwide with their rich, deep baritones interlaced with light, pure soprano notes Members of the Kenyan Boys Choir are thrilling audiences wor

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

US Supreme Court to Review Immigration Law Alhassanne Foungounou plays his guitar and sings of liberation on YouTube. Foungounou requested asylum in the United States when his Tuareg protest songs angered the Niger government. But Foungounou returned

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(四月)

Science Blogger Targets Inner City Youth Some blogs function as personal online diaries, while others provide commentary or news on a particular subject. Scientist Danielle Lee's blogging mission is a little different. She hopes to foster an interest

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

Ouattara Moves to Restore Security to Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara is moving to restore security in Ivory Coast one week after his country's political crisis ended with the arrest of former president Laurent Gbagbo. Mr. Gbagbo held on to p

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(四月)

Pastor Uses Circus Animals to Help South Sudan CENTREVILLE, VIRGINIA In a church parking lot in this Washington, D.C. suburb on a clear spring day, rescued circus animals, including lions, tigers, camels, even a kangaroo, lounge in cages and pens as

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

A: Have the owners answered back with a counter-offer for my offer to purchase the house? B: In response to your offer, the sellers have decided to counter-offer three hundred and thirty-five thousand dollars. A: That sounds pretty good to me, but I

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

A: Hello, I would like to make an appointment to look at houses. B: Sure, would you prefer looking in the morning or afternoon? A: I would prefer mornings. B: Can you go during the week, or can you only go during the weekend? A: Going to look at hous

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

Joel: So, Michele, you said you are from Canada. Michele: Yeah. Joel: What part of Canada? Michele: I lived in Ontario in a small town called Beaverton. Joel: Beaverton. And so how big is the town? Michele: It was pretty small, about seven or eight t

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

By Jerilyn Watson ENVIRONMENT REPORT -July 19, 2002: Yucca Mountain This is the VOA Special English Environment Report. Last week, the United States Senate gave final congressional approval for a proj

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

By Alisha Ryu Mogadishu 05 January 2007 In Somalia, an alleged message from Osama bin Laden's deputy urging Somalis to launch an Iraq-style guerrilla war against Ethiopian forces there is being taken seriously by a now mostly-disbanded group of mili

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(一月)

Airport employee: Hello, Portland Airport, Lost and Found. Lucas: Hello. I was a passenger on a SunCal Airlines flight yesterday and I think I left my keys on the plane. Airport employee: I see. To claim the item, you have to fill out a claim form. W

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

IN THE NEWS - Scientists May Have Found 'God Particle' 新闻报道 - 科学家们可能发现了上帝粒子 This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. 这里是美国之音慢速英语新闻报道。 This week, scientists in Switzerland reported a

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(七)月