THIS IS AMERICA - A Legal Education, From Shakespeare; A Mixed-Race Couple Who Fought the Law BARBARA KLEIN: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. Im Barbara Klein. STEVE EMBER: And Im Steve Ember. This week on our program, our subject i

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Earliest Known Human Hand-Ax Found in Kenya Archaeologists working in northwestern Kenya have found a skillfully hand-crafted stone ax which appears to have been made nearly 1.75 million years ago, making it the oldest such tool ever discovered. The

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - April 8, 2002: Tobacco in Developing Countries By Jill Moss This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Tobacco smoking has long been considered an international health pr

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

South Korea Emerges as Unlikely Source of Caviar The unfertilized eggs of the sturgeon have made the fish one of the worlds most valuable wildlife resources. Some 90 percent of the worlds caviar comes from sturgeon in the Caspian Sea, but uncontrolle

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

A: I had a message on my phone that the buyers had responded to our counteroffer. B: Yes, the response just came through on the fax machine. A: Was the counteroffer acceptable to them? B: They made their own counteroffer of five thousand less than yo

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

A: I was calling in to see if there had been any response from the buyers regarding my counteroffer. B: Yes, the buyers agent just contacted me while I was at an Open House. A: Did they state whether the counteroffer worked for them or not? B: They a

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

Words and Their Stories: Mouth Expressions 词汇典故:Mouth Now, the VOA Special English program WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. 现在是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故节目。 People use their mouths for many things. They eat, talk, shout and si

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Clinton, Ouattara Discuss Ivory Coast Reconciliation Clinton and Ouattara met at Abidjan's presidential palace for talks meant to underscore the Obama administration's commitment to democratic governance in Ivory Coast. This first visit by a U.S. sec

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

Delegates to conference express support for idea of reintegrating Taliban militants into society, but analysts say plan will be tough sell in region Sean Maroney | Islamabad 28 January 2010 Afghan President Hamid Karzai makes a speech during the Open

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

PACs Boosted by Supreme Court Ruling The contest for control of the White House is not limited to just the presidential candidates' own campaigns. There are also outside groups that want to affect the results of the election. And in the 2012 presiden

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

Clues Found for AIDS Vaccine Trial Success In 2009, a study in Thailand proved for the first time that an AIDS vaccine was possible. But scientists were not sure why it offered some protection. Now they have some clues. The Thailand study looked at a

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(四月)

Curiosity Rover Bound for Mars The newest of NASA's Mars rovers is set to launch from Cape Canaveral, Florida, on Saturday, November 26 and reach the Red Planet in August 2012. It's called the Mars Science Laboratory, MSL for short, or 'Curiosity' to

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)

Youth Orchestra Bridges Worlds of Music There are high school students in the group as young as 15, and young professionals up to age 25, and conductor Roger Kalia says they all bring passion to their music. There is a certain amount of energy and ex

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

A: This looks like a very nice house. B: You know, I fell in love with this house the first moment I laid eyes on it. A: The style of the exterior is just what Ive been looking for! B: The exterior is only half of the story. The interior is incredibl

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

A: What are you here for today? B: I need to fight this ticket that I got. A: Is the arresting officer here? B: Yes, he is, Your Honor. A: Plead your case. B: I was told by the officer that I ran a red light. That information isn't true. A: Why would

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, the national anthem of the Republic of Korea followed by the National Anthem of the United States. ♪♪ (Aegukga) ♪♪ ♪♪ (The Star-Spangled Banner) ♪♪ (applause) President Obama: Good morning, everybody.

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统演讲视频

【老乡见老乡】 Good morning, my buddies. I'm so glad to meet you via network. I'm hoping that we could spend a wonderful morning together. 大家早上好,我是Juliet,很高兴今天又和大家在空中见面了,希望能和您在此度过

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语早间课堂

A classical guitarist was thrilled to hear from New York City police that his valuable guitar had been found. It disappeared almost a year ago when he got out of a taxicab and forgot to take the guitar with him. Laurence Lennon, 44, said he was runni

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Sound During Sleep Fixes Learning A study in the journal Science found that sleeping after learning consolidated the acquisition of the new information, especially if sound cues related to the info were played to the sleeper. Karen Hopkin reports The

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

Every year when summer comes around They stretch a banner 'cross the main street in town You can feel somethin's happenin' in the air Well, from Carol's house up on Telegraph Hill You can see the lights going up out in Soldiers Field Getting ready,

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐