62. A picnic in the countryside Last week, we went to the countryside to have a picnic.We bought some sandwiches, fruit and water to take with us for lunch. We started out quite early before there was too much traffic. After 2 hours of driving, we ca

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语易背作文

25.Cities or Countryside When asked whether they would prefer to live in a city or the countryside,people tend to have different ideas.People who are in favor of city life may think it is too isolated and rather backward to live in the countryside;wh

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(163) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语易背作文

INTRODUCTION TO ACT I Today on TUNING IN THE U.S.A., were at the Stewarts home in Riverdale, New York. The mail has just arrived. And in the mail is a cassette tape from Richard Stewart. Richard and his friend Andreas Pappas have sent a recorded mess

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 欢乐美语

On the Feeling of Immortality in youth 有感于青春常在 William Hazlitt/威廉.赫兹里特 No young man believes he shall ever die.It was a saying of my brother's,and a fine one. There is a feeling of Eternity in youth,which makes us amend for

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 世界上最美丽的英文-人生短篇

Venus, Serena Williams Hold Clinic for Washington Youth U.S. tennis stars Venus and Serena Williams - both multi-Grand Slam title winners - have not played competitively recently because of various injuries and ailments. They have continued, though,

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(四月)

EU Confronts Youth Unemployment Crisis In Spain and in Greece, unemployment among under-25s is running at over 50 percent. In Portugal, there are lines every day outside the Angolan and Brazilian consulates, as job-seekers look for better fortunes in

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(六月)

New findings from an American space rover on Mars show that much of the planet might have been too salty to sustain life. But scientists are not ruling out the possibility of life altogether, as Sky's Alistair Bunkall reports Of all the planets in t

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

South Korea Tries New Approach to Reduce Suicides It only took a single generation for the country to go from an impoverished nation to one of the worlds top economies. It is a fast-paced society, where people have a hard time slowing down. Some obse

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十月)

A: I need order in the court! B: I am ready to make my plea. A: What do you plead? B: I plead not guilty. A: All the evidence indicates that you are guilty. B: I realize that, but I am not guilty. A: Is that right? B: I had nothing to do with the cri

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-犯罪

经典语境背诵 Stranger:Hi, my name is Frank. I am a physician. This is my first time in Beijing. I lost a set of keys. There are five keys and a small FooWa ornament on it. A girl, May, helped me find them. Its very kind of her. I gave my numb

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

My 10-year-old dog cant even walk up two steps to get into the house, Alicia told her new friend. I have to carry Prince up those two steps. Late one night I saw an ad on TV for Young Again Dog Beverage. They showed an old dog trying to get into an a

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Beginners. It's that time of year again. The days are rapidly getting colder. There is frost in the morning on the grass, the sun is mild, and the colors of the trees and plants are quickly changing. Around this time every year, my husband plans a tr

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

I dont like John, she told her husband. Why dont you like John? he asked his wife. She said that John said bad things about Americans. He said Americans are lazy. He said Americans are greedy. He said Americans are selfish. He said Americans are unfr

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

Several listeners have written with questions on when to use the definite article the, the indefinite article a, or neither. For example, Tracy W. wrote, Which is correct: Thank you for taking time to review my application, or Thank you for taking th

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Todays topic is collective nouns, nouns that describe a group, such as family, orchestra, and board. Guest-writer Bonnie Trenga writes, There are around 200 collective nouns in the English language (1). Sometimes they take a singul

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

By Michael Drudge London 04 May 2006 Relatives of the British victims of the September 11, 2001, attacks in New York are welcoming the life sentence handed down to confessed al-Qaida terrorist Zacaria

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(154) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

Well life on the farm is kinda laid back Aint much an old country boy like me cant hack Its early to rise, early in the sack Thank God Im a country boy Well a simple kinda life never did me no harm A raisin me a family and workin on a farm My days a

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

GALA是由3个80年代出生的青年组成,是垮掉的一代人是重生的一代人是无言的一代人 GALA是一支只用吉他来创造美妙旋律的乐队,不服可以去北京西城区西四地下排练室m他们! Gala,一支北京英式乐队,由苏朵(主唱)、王子(吉他)、木木(贝司)叁个80年代生人组成,成立

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

By Delia Robertson Johannesburg 17 November 2006 South Africa's national police commissioner has become embroiled in a major organized crime investigation following the arrest of a friend of his on charges of murder and conspiracy to murder. The dev

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(149) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十一月)

With Sudan's referendum on independence approaching, a coalition of economic and security groups are warning that renewed violence could cost as much as $100 billion. There are less than 50 days left before southern Sudan holds a critical referendum

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十一)月