A: Professor, I will not be here for our next class meeting. B: Is this absolutely necessary? A: I tried to work something out, but I really do have to miss one class. B: Will you be able to make up the work you missed? A: I'm going to be doing a lot

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-大学生活

A: I have to miss school next week. B: Isn't there some way you could work your schedule out to be here? A: Unfortunately, this is what I have to do. B: How are you going to catch up? A: I've got it all covered. B: If you miss this class, you will ha

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-大学生活

A: What do you need? B: I wanted to talk to you about transferring. A: What school do you want to transfer to? B: Im not really sure yet. A: You still have time to think about it. B: What do I need to do in the meantime? A: Youll need to finish your

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

青春的飞逝 The Flight of youth Richard Henry Stoddard/理查德.亨利.斯托达德 There are gains for all our losses. 我们失去的一切都能得到补偿, There are balms for all our pain; 我们所有的痛苦都能得到安慰; But w

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 世界上最美丽的英文-人生短篇

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is double words, Guest-writer Bonnie Trenga writes, Todays todays podcast podcast is is about words that are doubled, such as had had and is is. Words grammar checker automatically alerts you when you repeat a word, b

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Todays lesson involves a question of Cathysor should that be a question of Cathy? By the end of this podcast, youll know which possessive to use. Now, Cathy has been wondering about the so-called double possessive and asks, Which i

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Song:He Loves Me Artist:Alsou Lately it's so crazy, this feeling's taking over me I'm enclacted, that's not how we used to be, you used to want me home, talked for hours on the fone never leave me alone, so where did we go wrong? Then if he can't

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语热力歌曲

Song:Solo Artist:Alsou Sitting alone here in my room Staring at your picture from midnight till noon Counting the hours, conting the days You know that i miss you in a million ways Now I wait in the cold and this is getting old No more stories, n

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语热力歌曲

Song:Before You Love Me Artist:Alsou Give a little sigh, give a little something My mind?s only said a one thing; I need you in my life I want it so bad baby I can taste it, gotta chance I don?t want to waste it I want to do it right CHORUS Befor

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语热力歌曲

A: My assistant called and said that you had received a response to our counteroffer. B: Yes, the buyers called me just an hour ago. A: Did they accept the counteroffer? B: They came back with their own counteroffer of five thousand less than you wan

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

A: Hi, I was calling to see if the buyers had accepted my counteroffer. B: Yes, actually they just called back with a counteroffer of their own. A: Is the counteroffer close to the asking price? B: The counteroffer is for ten thousand less than your

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

DOUG JOHNSON: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. I'm Doug Johnson. FAITH LAPIDUS: And I'm Faith Lapidus. Today, we will tell about skin cancer. (MUSIC) DOUG JOHNSON: Skin cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer. It is also

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(147) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Turkish Youth Uneasy With Leadership Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has become a hero of the Arab street, a leader determined to raise his country's profile in the region. He speaks of a balance between Islam and secularism, and praises

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

A: Oh, I am not sure I even want to look at this house! B: It is a bit of a fixer-upper. Lets take a look inside. A: It doesnt look much better inside this place. B: You know, with a little elbow grease and paint, you could spruce it up a bit. A: The

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

A: This house is not looking all that great from here B: You cant really tell everything about a house from the outside. Lets go inside. A: I dont think that it is looking any better inside here. B: I think that fresh paint and cleaning would help it

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

A: From the looks of this house from the outside, I dont really think that I want to go inside. B: From here, it does look like it could use a little work. Lets see what the interior looks like. A: I am not impressed by the interior of this house. B:

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

A: You want to argue your ticket today? B: Yes. That is why I'm here. A: Tell me your argument. B: I was pulled over for allegedly speeding. A: Are you sure you weren't speeding? B: To be honest, I really wasn't. A: What speed were you going? B: I wa

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

Grammar Girl here. Just between you and me, today I'm going to talk about the pronouns I and me. I've been meaning to talk about the phrase between you and I for a while, but when I heard that Hillary Clinton had chosen the song You and I by Celine D

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

South Korea's ex-president dies 韩国前总统身亡 Mr Roh served as South Korea's president from 2003 to 2008 Former South Korean President Roh Moo-hy un has died of head injuries after falling into a ravine 峡谷) while climbing a mountain, police say.

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, Dec. 12 (Xinhua) -- The Supreme People's Court (SPC) on Wednesday announced plans to improve its work style, echoing a call by the newly elected leadership of China's ruling party to reject extravagance and reduce bureaucracy. The SPC's plan

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻