Im Nicole Lapin at the CNN center in Atlanta. Heres a look at whats happening now in the news. Cleanup is under way across many parts of Georgia as the state recovers from deadly flooding. Major highways all around Atlanta are now back open, but loo

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(九)月

36. I wouldn't count on it. 我不会寄予期望的。 用法透视 count on是信赖,仰仗之意。如果不想让对方对某事抱有太大希望,就可以用这个句型。 支持范例 1. If I were you, I wouldn't count on it. 如果我是你,我是不会抱太大希望的。 2. You can't count on the wea

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 英语句型学口语

4.2 Emergency 突发急病 W: Can I see the doctor? M: Yes, do you have an appointment? W: No, I don't. M: Well. The doctor doesn't see nobody without an appointment. W: Well, I am spending my vacation here and I have a stomachache and... M: Oh, I se

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 想聊就聊

1. What kind of emergency does the man NOT mention? A. power failure B. snowstorm C. tornado 2. Which idea was stated in the conversation about water? A. You should buy spring water in bottles in advance. B. Having a water filter to clean water can b

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. On Thursday, I traveled to California to visit communities ravaged by wildfires. I walked with a married couple through the charred remains of their home. I met with emergency responders. I talked with displaced families

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统电台演说

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. In times of war, Congress has no greater obligation than funding our war fighters. And next week, the House will begin debate on an emergency war spending bill. The purpose of this legislation should be to give our troop

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统电台演说

272 阿拉法特要求阿拉伯国家召集紧急首脑会议 Arafat Urges Arab Leaders To Convene Emergency Summit Greg Lamotte Cairo 31 Jul 2001 16:26 UTC As the Israeli-Palestinian violence continu

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(3)

US in shock as worst storms for 40 years kill almost 300 Shocked Americans are struggling to grasp the magnitude of the worst US tornadoes in almost 40 years, which carved a trail of destruction across the south, claiming at least 295 lives. The stor

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(292) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

AS IT IS 2016-07-22 Turkeys Parliament Approves State of Emergency 土耳其议会批准进入紧急状态 Turkish leaders are saying life will continue as normal for most people despite a state of emergency. The state of emergency, approved by Turke

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

AS IT IS 2015-12-01 Driving Safer, Easier With New Electronics for Cars 新汽车科技令驾驶更安全更容易 Improvements in electronics for autos are making cars safer and smarter. Some new car models are fashionable. Others can go a long way

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Malnutrition Devastates Horn of Africa Drought Areas Malnutrition rates are skyrocketing in certain areas of the Horn of Africa, which is experiencing the worst drought in decades. To treat malnutrition, aid workers choose from an array of powders, p

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

A: A doctor! I need a doctor! B: Give me some details, sir. A: Something is wrong with my wife. She's lying on the floor. B: Sir, if you don't calm down, you might have a stroke yourself. A: You're right, I'm beside myself with worry. B: Hold on, sir

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-旅馆

叙利亚爆发小儿麻痹症 An outbreak of polio among children in Syria has the potential to spread rapidly, doctors are warning. It is Syrias first polio outbreak in 14 years - and aid agencies have begun emergency vaccination programs. 处于战乱

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2013年11月

Topics: American Presidents Lyndon B. Johnson; foreigner, alien, and other terms for people from other countries; provided (that) versus assuming (that); urgency versus emergency Words: representative senator congressman/congresswoma n Senate Minorit

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

This week a coroners court is trying to find out why a fishing boat sank and six fishermen drowned in August 2010. The ship, the Oyang 70, sank in New Zealand waters. It was a Korean ship, chartered by a New Zealand fishing company. Most of the crew

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

今天我们要学的词是launch。 Launch, 有发起,创办的意思。巴基斯坦反对党领袖布托宣布,如果穆沙拉夫总统拒绝结束国家紧急状态,她就要在星期五发动大规模集会示威, Benazir Bhutto announced

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

今天我们要学的词是short-term。 Short-term, 短期的。 Short-term loans, 短期贷款。联合国粮农组织最近在罗马开会。 The summit tried to solve the short-term emergency of the increased hunger caused by soaring prices, 这次

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

今天我们要学的词是telework。 Telework是指利用电讯手段,在办公室以外的地方远程办公。Telework can ensure continued operation in times of emergency, 远程办公可以确保紧急情况下的持续运作。The U.S. Offic

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

SHANGHAI, Aug. 7 (Xinhua) -- China's commercial hub of Shanghai is rushing to relocate people in order to avoid risks presented by the approaching severe typhoon Haikui, authorities with the municipal flood control headquarters said Tuesday. It is es

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Death toll in Guatemalan earthquake rises to 52 GUATEMALA CITY, Nov. 8 (Xinhua) -- Guatemalan President Otto Perez Molina on Thursday confirmed that the death toll of the 7.4- magnitude earthquake rose to 52, 22 people remain missing, and 1.2 million

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻