On Saturday in Tucson, Arizona, a gunman opened fire on a small crowd meeting outdoors with a congresswoman. Six people were killed and fourteen were wounded, including the representative, Gabrielle Giffords. The bullet traveled along the left side o

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

AS IT IS 2014-01-01 In Egypt, the Struggle for Peace Continues 埃及仍在为和平而战 Hello, and welcome to As It Is from VOA Learning English. Im Mario Ritter in Washington. Today on the program, we report on Nigerias continuing struggle to end

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Personal Flying Vehicles Close to Reality 个人飞行汽车的梦想接近现实 Many people have long dreamed of being able to fly around as simply as riding a bicycle. Yet the safety and strength of a flying bike was always a big problem. Over the

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

AS IT IS 2016-04-08 New York's Emergency Crews Learning Mandarin 纽约急救员学中文 突发情况展奇效 When emergency workers arrive at an old firehouse in New York City, the way they greet each other is not what you might expect. 当急救人

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(四)月

As the Kenyan Red Cross moves to meet a condom shortage in Kenya, the group is seeing positive changes in attitudes towards sexual health. On Friday, the Kenya Red Cross delivered an emergency shipment of male and female condoms to the people of Mash

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

Mechanical problem 2 机械故障2 A: Why have you stopped production? A:你为什么停产? B: We've had a few problems. One of the bolts has worked loose and a blade has snapped off. B:有点问题。有个螺栓松了,一个刀片折断了。

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 职业技术英语口语

A: I need a doctor immediately! B: Sir, is everything all right? A: My wife just collapsed on the floor! B: Sir, I need you to calm down. Take deep breaths. A: I'm sorry. It's just that my wife.I need the emergency room. B: Sir, I'm dialing 911 on an

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-旅馆

A: Help me! I need a doctor! B: What is the problem, sir? A: My wife is on the floor! B: Sir, please calm down. Take a deep breath. A: I need some help, right now! B: Sir, I'm going to put you through to 911. A: Hurry, please! B: I'm transferring you

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-旅馆

地震提醒加州人预备应对灾难 A series of moderate earthquakes that rocked Los Angeles recently have reminded residents to be ready for a disaster. Safety experts say every household needs a plan, supplies of food and water, and emergency e

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年4月

迷你对话: A: Where are you going? 你去哪? B: Im going to the hospital. 我到医院去。 A: Whats the matter? 怎么啦? B: Professor Wang was hurt in a traffic accident. 王教授遇到车祸。 A: Thats too bad. How are things going n

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

Speaker biography: A French-Japanese inventor and TED senior fellow, he is the creator of Protei, a revolutionary sailing technology -- featuring a front rudder, flexible hull and open-source hardware -- that allows for efficient cleanup of both oi

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

It's not that bad. 没那么糟 It's not that bad. It's not that bad. 没那么糟 真没那么糟 No. 没错 For a dentist office in the subway 地铁站里的牙科诊所 it's pretty good. 这家算是不错了 Seriously how are you not running out

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 打工姐妹花第一季

Faith is a fine invention When Gentlemen can see - But Microscopes are prudent In an Emergency. In this poem, Emily calls attention to the friction between science and religion. People only believe what they can see and use the invention of faith as

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is appealing for $100 million for Haiti. The appeal covers emergency relief and long-term recovery assistance for 300,000 people over the next three years. The International Red Cro

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

By Lisa Schlein Geneva 18 October 2007 The United Nations Children's Fund says hundreds of thousands of flood victims in North Korea are in a fragile state and need emergency assistance. Lisa Schlein reports for VOA from Geneva that UNICEF says food,

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

Paul: Hi, this is Paul from England speaking with Katia from Mexico. Today we are speaking about friends and money. Katia, if a friend came to you asking to borrow some money, what would your reaction be? Katia: If I have a good friend that really ne

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

The sinking of the Eastern Star is raising many important questions about what went wrong. With the captain and chief engineer still in police custody, a clear answer is hard to come by. But friends and families, as well as the general public, are as

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

本期内容: Catastrophic flooding in the US state of Texas is only expected to worsen in coming days as waters rise following a storm of historic proportions. A record 30 inches of rain has already fallen on the city of Houston in the wake of Hur

发表于:2019-02-10 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

模仿句子: But first the latest emergency summit of Eurozone leaders has ended with another deadline for the Greek government to present a workable bailout proposal to its creditors. 翻译: 首先我们来关注最近一次的欧元区领导人

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

Scientists have now started to breed drought resistant crops which they hope will combat East Africa's worst drought in 60 years. More than 13 million people across Africa are facing severe food shortages. But as CRI's Su Yi reports, a new strain of

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦