Idiom: No sweat 没有问题,小菜一碟 Hit the book: personal contact 个人接触 emergency 紧急情况 sufficient 足够的 within walking distance 在步行距离之内 orchard 果园 ambulance 救护车 swap 交换 rural 郊区的,农村的

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Using Battery Power Luisa: The battery on my computer is almost out of juice. Allesandro: Did you bring a spare? Luisa: Its a rechargeable battery, so instead of replacing it, I need to plug it in, but there are no outlets in here. Allesandro: I dont

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之日常生活

Although the cyclone was category 4 the second highest level gusts of wind were 270km an hour at times. Both the wind and the rain caused damage. Many houses in Fiji are not strong and can easily be destroyed in a storm. Some houses blew away in the

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

In a hospital near Colombias border with Venezuela, migrants fill beds with the wounds of the nation they left behind. An 18-year-old woman rubbed her stomach. She fled Venezuela with her new born daughter when the wounds she suffered while giving bi

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(三)月

180 印尼总统瓦西德遭到越来越激烈的反对 Opposition Mounting Against Indonesia's President Wahid 16 Jul 2001 12:53 UTC Opposition to Indonesian President Abdurrahman Wahid is mounting,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(176) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(2)

A 5.1-magnitude earthquake has jolted Urumqi, the capital of the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region in northwest China. 昨日,在中国西北部的新疆省乌鲁木齐市发生5.1级地震。 According to the China Earthquake Networks Center, the e

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年08月

1. Zacarias Moussaoui shouted

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

The Department of Homeland Security says terrorists may try to use toothpaste tubes to sneak explosives onto planes headed to the Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia. Hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses are without power in some eastern states a

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2014(二)月

It s a major catastrophe for Haiti. We have gone through others before. I am quite sure the Haitian people, courageous as they are, will come out of it in unity. - Haitian ambassador to the US, Raymond Joseph Untold numbers of Haitians are dead, trap

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

With the referendum on southern independence just 19 days away, humanitarian organizations in Sudan are preparing for the possible results by moving three months of emergency supplies into areas where they think conflict could occur. The World Food P

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

A: Get a doctor here, immediately! B: What's the problem, sir? A: My wife is on the floor, she's unconscious! B: Sir, could you calm down a little bit, please? A: Calm down?! My wife is unconscious, and you're telling me to calm down?! B: Hold on jus

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-旅馆

Beijing is to establish an air emergency medical service network by the end of the year. As well as that Beijing Red Cross 999 Emergency Center is planning to launch the first air rescue insurance by year end. It is hoped it will help cut service exp

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Chinese logistics firm SF Express has tested the delivery of emergency supplies through the use of a large drone, reports thepaper.cn. A domestic-developed large drone delivered equipment which would have been needed for the quick repair of communica

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(167) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

A: Hello, Nicole? This is Jimmy in 309. B: Hello, Jimmy. What's up? A: You're not going to believe this. B: Believe me, I think I've heard everything. A: I can't find my mailbox key. B: Is that all? That's a lot better than losing your car keys. A: I

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

Topics: Ask an American Firefighter inmates; catastrophe versus calamity versus disaster; cant hardly wait versus can hardly wait; so that Words: adrenaline rush to fight fires rocky terrain sandy terrain anywhere between gear flood search-and-rescue

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

模仿文本:Police in London are carrying out a detailed search around an army barracks in the district of Woolwich where two men hacked a soldier to death, shouting Islamist slogans. The British Prime Minister David Cameron said the incident on W

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

Passage One 11. A) One of the bridges between North and South London collapsed. B) The heart of London was flooded. C) An emergency exercise was conducted. D) 100 people in the suburbs were drowned. 12. A) 50 underground stations were made waterproof

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 英语六级听力练习集锦

By Noel King Kibaya, DRC 21 November 2007 As fighting continues between dissident general Laurent Nkunda and the Congolese army, displaced Congolese have packed into squalid camps that are plagued with growing health problems. Humanitarian workers ar

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

SANTIAGO, Jan. 2 (Xinhua) -- A strong earthquake measuring 7.1 on the Richter scale rocked Araucania region, south of Chile, on Sunday. There were no reports of casualties. According to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), the earthquake occurred at 5:

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是red tape。 Red tape, 意思是官僚羁绊。The mayor promised to eliminate red tape that hampers business development, 市长保证要铲除那些阻碍商业发展的官僚障碍。The relief efforts were stalled by red

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词