Mayor Rudolph Giuliani:Try to evacuate as many people as possible, weve lost several other buildings, [00:-0.50]鲁道夫朱利安尼市长:为了疏散尽可能多的人们,我们已经损失了其他几栋建筑物, [00:-1.00]and we have no s

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 听新闻学英语

VI. Nuclear Emergency Preparedness Exercises,Drills, Training and Public Communication核应急演习演练、培训与公众沟通 China attaches great importance to nuclearemergency preparedness exercises, drills, trainingand public communication,

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

iOS 11 Offers New Features for iPhones, iPads Last week Apple released iOS 11, the update to its mobile operating system for iPhone and iPad. This update has features that may make your current device feel like a new one. iOS 11 is free to download n

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Explanation: In the United States, military service (or the time spent working in the army) is voluntary (or optional and something that one chooses to do). Under normal conditions, no one has to serve in the army if he or she doesnt want to. However

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 美国精神

Baking cookies, cakes, and even pies is a fun pastime for many people as long as you know what you are doing. Here are a few baking tips: Read the recipe very carefully to find out if you have all of the ingredients before you start. Measure all of t

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 空闲时间—In Your Free Time

The weather means different things to different people. I come from England, so the weather is always a big topic there. People in England can't deal with the weather. A tiny bit of snow, and no one goes to work. Two days of thirty-degree temperature

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-W

mentally adv.心理上 Exercising on a regular basis will do you good, both mentally and physically. 规律的运动对你的身心都有益处。 victim n.受害者 Many teenagers fall victim to drugs. 许多青少年都成了毒品的受害者。 I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄进阶英语词汇3500

Mexico City Now Sends Earthquake Warnings to Phones Mexico City has made changes to its emergency announcement service known as 911 CDMX. The service now sends messages to peoples smartphones warning them of earthquakes. The changes come after a magn

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

埃及11月14日解除宵禁 CAIRO, Nov. 2 (Xinhua) -- Egypt's interim government on Saturday decided to lift the nighttime curfew on Nov. 14, state- run Ahram website reported. The curfew, put in place more than two months ago in many parts of the c

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember. Today, we tell you everything you ever wanted to know about snow. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Justin Snow of the Indianapolis Colts stands in

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(256) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(一)月

白宫敦促延长失业救济金 WASHINGTON, Jan. 1 (Xinhua) -- The White House on Wednesday urged lawmakers to extend unemployment benefits for millions of unemployed Americans, its latest pitch to ratchet up pressure for Congress to pass legislati

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

英语说明文写作要点 说明文是阐述事物的特征、本质、性能、结构、用途或科学原理的一种文体。其说明的对象可以是具体的,如:自然环境,仪表设备等;也可以是抽象的,如概念定律等。

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

上班忙破头,正巧有其他部门的同事需要找你协助。大喊一声No,释放你的忙碌心情?实在是同事关系伤不起啊! 来学学下面几句话,不用说No,礼貌友好地拒绝他。 I can't right now, but maybe late

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

吃货们的脑洞永远堵不住,看见跟吃有关的英文习语更是会脑补各种画面。然而,想象与现实之间总是差太远!吃货们还不赶紧来围观? 1. Have a lot on one's plate 盘子里有好多东东?作为一枚吃货,

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Key Sentences(重点句子) 454. I'm very sorry that you are ill. 你生病了我感到很难过。 455. I'm so sorry to bother you. 真报歉,给你添麻烦了。 456.We're worrying about you. 我们真为你担心。 457.How do you f

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

VOA News March 11, 2011 - The first tsunami(海啸) waves have reached the U.S. West Coast after sweeping past the country's Pacific island state of Hawaii. There have been no immediate reports of casualties in the U.S. Waves of a meter or more hit t

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The Yanfang line, Beijing's first driverless subway line connecting the city's southwest suburbs to its central urban district started its first pilot run last Wednesday morning. 上周三早上,连接西南郊区和中心市区的燕房线--北京第

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Rain and Flood 暴雨洪灾 to burst their banks/ breaching of the dyke 决堤/ 溃堤 floods/ floodwater/ inundation 洪水 freshet 河水猛涨/ 涨水 water levels 水位 watercourses 河道/ 水道 the flood level 洪水水位 warning level 警戒水

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

What do men think when women cry? 女人哭的时候,男人在想什么? 获得5.2K好评的答案@Megan Walker Genuinely curious as to his thought process, I just asked my husband this question. 我刚刚问过我丈夫这个问题,出于我对他

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Wecanmaybefityouinat3. 我们或许会把您安排在3点。 例句: fitsbin(即使有很多别的事情要做,也要尽量)想办法挤出时间见某人 Thedoctorsaidhecouldfitmeinat4:30. 医生说他能想办法把我安排到4点半。 Theman

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语