26 Shaving Your Face GLOSSARY to set (ones) alarm to change the settings on ones alarm clock so that itmakes a loud noise to wake one up at the desired time * I set my alarm for 6:00 so I could get ready for my 8:30 flight. tempted having a strong de

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之日常生活

It's a common enough sound in summer, after the wind finally picks up on a hot and humid afternoon, as the rain starts spattering down in big, fat drops--you're in for a full-blown thunderstorm. It's much less common in winter, even during a snow sto

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

12 Recommending Someone for a Job GLOSSARY to put in a good word for (someone) to say something good about anotherperson; to recommend someone for an opportunity or position * The committee is going to review my artwork tomorrow. Could you please put

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之商务英语

Section 5 Checking on an availability 询问是否有想买的东西 Can I help you? I'm looking for a Sharp DVD Player. Sure.Any particular model? Yes.The DS102 series. Oh,I'm afraid we've sold out of those.They were really popular. Will you be getting more

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语王-想说就说(六)

Technology Report - Televisions Stole the Spotlight at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas 科技报道 - 电视成为拉斯维加斯消费电子展上的焦点 From VOA Learning English, this is the Technology Report in Special English. 这里是

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Lesson 24 Give 1.Give me a hand,you guys. 2.Don't give me that. 3.My boss gave me an axe. 4.Don't give it a second thought. 5.He doesn't give a crap about anybody else. 6.Don't give me your excuses. 7.Come on!Give me a break! 8.There should be give a

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语提高版

They are shaped like little chisels. 它们的形状就像凿子一样。 These cutting teeth always keep their sharp, chisel-like edge, for the front of each tooth is formed of a very hard stuff called enamel, while the rest of the tooth is made of

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

A few weeks after this, Mr. Jones gave each of his sons a new top. 几周之后,琼斯先生给他的两个儿子每人一只陀螺。 How is this, Ben? These tops have no strings. What shall we do for strings? 这个怎么玩,本?这两个陀螺

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

We picked our way down to the beach, Mike leading the way to a ring of driftwood logs that had obviously been used for parties like ours before. 我们循路走下沙滩,迈克在前头领路,把我们带向一圈圆浮木。显然,这圈浮木之

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

CHAPTER 24 第24章 Pinocchio, spurred on by the hope of finding his father and of being in time to save him, swam all night long. 皮诺乔一心想要及时赶到救他爸爸,于是游了整整一夜。 And what a horrible night it was! It poured

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 木偶奇遇记

When they reached the Red Keep, the portcullis was down and the great gates sealed for the night, but the castle windows were alive with flickering lights. 当他们抵达红堡时,铁闸已经降下,入夜后大门也已紧闭,但城堡的窗户

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

1 there is an upward in the number of ...的数字有一个上升趋势... 2 a considerable increase/decrease occurred from...to... 在...到...有一个急剧上升 3 from...to...the rate of decrease slows down. 从...到...下降速率逐渐减慢.

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

LESSON 21 第21课 West Indies 西印度群岛 adorn 装饰 approach 靠近 motion 运动 attached 附加 sugar plum 小糖果 cotton 棉花 instinct 本能 object 对象 defending 捍卫 necessary 必要的 rapid 速度 brilliant 才华横溢的 fib

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第三册

This is my time to shine when there is no one all around when I sit and think just be to find sometime turn a radio down can stares nothing on once again so I see good night how it is feel, my dear when the radio starts when there is no one left wher

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐天堂

这是一个星期六的下午,Michael 和李华比较放松,他们正在校园里散步。李华会 学到两个常用语:critter 和mug。 L: 今天天气真好,你看那个人在跟他的狗玩

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

But the inferior animals provide for themselves and their young without any of these things. 然而,低级动物无法为自己或后代制造任何劳动工具。 Now for the second distinction. Man, in all his operations, makes mistakes; animals

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

One winter, when the crop had been abundant, 有年冬天,适逢栗树丰年, I got, with the aid of a rake, many quarts of these nuts as late as the tenth of January; 待到翌年1月10日,我用钉耙还从林子里挖出好几夸脱栗子,

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

LESSON 6 The humming-bird 第六课 蜂鸟 The humming-bird! the humming-bird! 小蜂鸟,小蜂鸟 So fairy-like and bright; 仙子般聪明又可爱 It lives amongst the sunny flowers, 家住向日葵的花苞处 A creature of delight! 生活快乐又

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 英国语文第三册

Dialogue 1 Xiaogao: Well, Jingjing, I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut my stay short here in Beijing. 小高:嗯,京晶,恐怕我不得不提前离开北京了。 Jingjing: What? You mean you're gonna split? Why? I thought you liked it here? 京

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Unit 3 The Best Thing That Could Ever Happen 单元 3 最棒的事 Three old men were sitting around and talking. 三个老头坐在一起聊天。 The 80-year-old remarked, The best thing that could happen to me would just to be able to have a good

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人