Pete was in his kitchen. He was about to slice three green apples. He liked to eat fresh apples with cinnamon sprinkled on them. He opened the blinds so that he could get more sunlight into the kitchen. Now he could see what he was doing. He grabbed

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Jack opened his eyes. He sighed. They werewearing their own clothes again. His leather bag wasa backpack. Sunlight slanted through the tree house window. As always, no time at all had passed in Frog Creek. Home, said Annie. She held up the pouch of c

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Come on, said Annie. She stood in the door-wayto Jack's bedroom. Let's check the woods.But it's Thursday, said Jack. We're going toGrandmother's soon.I know, said Annie. But I have a feeling the treehouse might be back. I think Morgan might have sent

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Tap-tap-tap. Jack opened his eyes. The Frog Creek woods were still dark and rainy. We're home, Annie said. Jack sighed. I miss them already, he said. Me too, said Annie. Did you take a lot of noteson their habits and behavior?Jack shrugged. I listed

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

-Can you imagine yourself within the mirror, saying perfect? -I feel that way, now. -Really? -I really do feel that way. -Nothing else you twig, touch? -No, no, there is nothing else I -But Heidi, Heidi, youre addicted to the plastic surgery. -Ive be

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2010

Chapter 7. Tee Aitch CD 4 Track 10 I'd like you to consider words as rocks for a moment. When a rock first rolls into the ocean, it issharp and well defined. After tumbling about for a few millennia, it becomes round and smooth.A word goes through a

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 标准美语发音的13个秘诀 CD4

A controversial and partly boycotted Arab League summit has ended in the Syrian capital, Damascus, with no progress on the Lebanese political crisis and a summit declaration that Iraq refused to endorse. Despite the obviously sharp divisions among th

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年3月

Individually we are weak, like a single twig but as a bundle we form a mighty faggot. 一人拾柴火不旺,众人拾柴火焰高。《辛普森一家》 图片1

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2015.5

06Getting Older GLOSSARY to lose (ones) train of thought to forget what one is saying, sometimes in themiddle of a sentence or idea* The director lost her train of thought in the middle of her presentation and hadto start over. senior moment a moment

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之日常生活

图片1 smart adj. 巧妙的,聪明的,漂亮的,潇洒的,敏捷的 例句:This boy is very smart; he may be another Edison. 这男孩很聪明,他可能成为另一个爱迪生。 sharp adj.锐利的,强烈的,刺耳的,急剧的,

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

Developing Countries See Sharp Rise in Meat Consumption As the world population rises, the demand for meat, eggs and airy products is soaring in developing countries. The Worldwatch Institute warns that without safeguards the demand could strain the

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

Israelis, Palestinians Face Sharp Challenges in 2013 Residents of Gaza have yet to recover from the exchange of aerial bombardments with Israel in late November and face rebuilding in the coming year. Six Israelis and more than 170 Palestinians were

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

In U.S. politics, there is no issue that divides Democrats and Republicans more than their vastly different views on the role and size of the central government. That political divide is at the heart of the intensifying debate over the federal budget

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(二月)

Lesson Fifteen 听力部分 Dialogue Completion: Listen to the tape repeatedly and try to complete the following dialogues, using the exact words or phrases that you hear on the tape. B A: That's a ______ bit of ________, what happened on the ______

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 王强口语 第二册

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: So many Cabinet nominees, so little time. One of the nominees who has a hearing today is Scott Pruitt. He is the attorney general of Oklahoma - now President-elect Trump's nominee to lead the Environmental Protection Agency. He f

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

NOEL KING, HOST: All right. Here in the U.S., when we talk about gun violence, we usually talk about homicides. But two-thirds of gun deaths in this country are caused by suicide, by people deliberately harming themselves. As North Country Public Rad

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: When it comes to healthy aging and keeping your memory sharp, here's one idea you may not have considered. Get your hearing checked, your ears. NPR's Allison Aubrey reports a new study finds people who restore hearing loss with h

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

The commander of U.S. forces in Korea says he does not anticipate any reduction in the number of U.S. troops on the peninsula, even as South Korea's army prepares to take responsibility for the country's wartime defense. The commander, General Walte

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十月)

The commander of U.S. forces in Korea says he does not anticipate any reduction in the number of U.S. troops on the peninsula, even as South Korea's army prepares to take responsibility for the country's wartime defense. The commander, General Walter

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年10月

You're not getting enough sleep. 你睡得不够多。 Yes. I think I'm working too hard. 对。我觉得我工作太认真了。 I think you go to bed too late. 我觉得你睡得太晚了。 These are two very common and very useful words. Let's st

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美人文风情