休斯顿城市扩张导致野生动物失去家园 Houston, Texas, and its surrounding suburbs are growing fast and sprawling out into natural forest areas that are the habitat for many species of indigenous wildlife. Local leaders as well as enviro

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2013年8月

Part One 听辨练习 A. 词辨音 Listen, circle the corresponding number if you hear /???(? in the word. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. B. 短语辨音 Write down the words you hear on the tape, the

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 4+1听力口语MP3

Gentlemen, Mr. McCullen, CEO of MARS Industries and the builder of these warheads. 先生们,这位是麦卡伦先生。马尔斯斯工业集团的首席执行官,也是这些弹头的制造者。 General, clearly you were the security option I s

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 影视剧中的职场美语

Task 2: A Hard-nosed Boss Script Mr. Stone was known far and wide as a hard-nosed boss who (S1) watched his employees like a hawk. He was making one of his regular tours of the factory (S2) when he spotted a young man leaning against a (S3) pile of b

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

The Nautilus wasn't going to strike the double-decker where it was clad in impenetrable iron armor, 它不想攻打双层装甲战舰那难以穿透的装甲板, but below its waterline, where the metal carapace no longer protected its planking. 而是

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Whistle While You Wing A study in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B finds that pigeon wing-flapping produces distinct whistles, which can warn flock-mates, when merely taking off or when actively escaping predators. Karen Hopkin reports When cr

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

The more varied the kinds of land in the sanctuary, the greater is the variety of wild things that can grow and den and build there. 保护区的土地类型越多,各类野生动植物在这里成长,建巢穴的数量也就越多。 What a numb

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材6

AS IT IS 2016-02-17 Former UN Chief Boutros Boutros-Ghali Dies 联合国前秘书长加利去世 This is Whats Trending Today. 这里是今日热点。 Boutros Boutros-Ghali was the United Nations Secretary General in the first part of the 1990s. 布特

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Bird-nesting in Winter Ernest Thompson Seton 冬天建鸟巢 欧尼斯特汤普森西顿 Ernest Thompson Seton has for a long time been studying birds and animals, and writing about them. 欧尼斯特汤普森西顿长期研究鸟类和动物,并对此

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材6

Chapter 07 第一章 Mesopotamia 美索不达米亚 Mesopotamia-The Second Center of Eastern Civilisation 美索不达米亚--东方文明的第二个中心 I am going to take you to the top of the highest pyramid and I am going to ask that you imagi

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生人类历史

Cupidity and cruelty may drive him to the woods, and to seek more quiet seats; 贪婪残忍的人们或许将它们驱赶到森林荒野,它们只能寻求更为僻静的地方, but be merciful and kind to him, and he will visit your barnyard, 如果

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

AA: Im Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER with spring time approaching here in the United States our thoughts turn to bird watching. RS: Birds are easy to spot in everyday speech. A hierarchy in an organization is called a

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

Science and Technolgy 科技 Metal fatigue in old aircraft 老旧飞机的金属疲劳 Flying rivets 飞行侦查兵 A new technique that listens for cracks in ageing aircraft 一项侦听老化飞机断裂的新技术 WHEN they were built, no one th

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(149) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

历年考研英语的高频单词( 3 ~ 13 次) 历年考研英语的高频单词( 2 次) harbor/harbour n.港口,海港;避难所,藏身处 v.隐匿,窝藏,包庇 hard a.硬的,坚固的;困难

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(153) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

Beginners. As you can see, I'm back from my trip to Lake Roosevelt. We were there from Wednesday until Friday, and the time flew. It took a lot of preparation to get there; typically I overpacked some things and underpacked other things. For example:

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

December 17th, 1903Near Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, Wilbur and Orville Wright conduct the first successful manned, powered flight of the airplane. The brothers achieved the pioneering feet with their experimental craft, dubbed the Wright Flyer. 1957T

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2010年

Brad walked into Walbrowns. He swiped his rewards card. He said, Avatar, appear. His avatar appeared. Brad said, Unscented deodorant, all brands. He followed the avatar down the escalator. The avatar hovered at the deodorant section. It shined a brig

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

First broadcast: January 12, 2005 AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: the sounds of change. RS: If you want a good example of how language changes, just picture a mouse. Are you thinking of a rodent -- or a device f

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

While he was scheming I was beamin' in his Beamer just beamin' Can't believe that I caught my man cheatin' So I found another way to make him pay for it all So I went To Neiman-Marcus on a shopping spree And on the way I grabbed Soley and Mia And as

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

THE WRIGHT BROTHERS, ORVILLE AND WILBUR, GREW UP IN DAYTON, OHIO, NEAR WHERE NEIL ARMSTRONG WAS BORN. LIKE NEIL, THEY WERE INTERESTED IN ANYTHING THAT FLEW FROM THE TIME THEY WERE KIDS. THEY MADE PAPER TOYS THAT THEY CALLED BATS, WHICH COULD GLIDE ON

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was