First up, the race for the White House rolls on with yesterday's primaries in New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut and Rhode Island. We mentioned yesterday that former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney is now the Republican Party's presumpt

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(四)月

The woods were very quiet. Bunnyboy was sure that not one of his enemies was about. 树林里很安静。小兔哥确信周围没有任何敌人。 There is no hawk or owl or fox in the whole woods, he said. 整个树林里没有老鹰、猫头鹰和狐

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: We're going to hear now about what some Palestinians thought of the debate this week over Israeli settlements. The U.S. decided not to veto a U.N. Security Council resolution condemning settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusal

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

By Marilyn Christiano Broadcast: November 30, 2003 (THEME) ANNCR: Welcome to People in America from VOA Special English. Today, Sarah Long and Rich Kleinfeldt tell the story of Wilbur and Orville Wrig

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-美国人文故事

英语应用文写作之自传 自传的写作( The Writing of Autobiography) 自传的写法可与简历大体内容对应,但应当用完整的句子来表达经历、学历、个人特点等方面的内容。 例1: Lincolns Autobiography L

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

By Catherine Drew Northamptonshire, Britain 04 October 2007 Police in Britain have added a new high tech aid to their crime fighting tools. It is a miniature digital camera designed to be worn on a police officer's head. The Robocam, as it is known,

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

1. Hurricane Dean slam med into Mexico for the second time in as many days, screaming onto Emerald Coast this afternoon with winds reaching 100 miles per hour. Some 10,000 people have been evacuated from coastal cities. 2. The US military says a Bla

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

there were rules you never told me never came up with a plan all the stories that you sold me didn't help me understand but I had to get it worked out had nobody who could help so then in the end it turned out that I had to do it by myself that's the

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 舞曲狂欢

Retailers Eye New Technology to Lure Customers 零售业将使用新技术吸引顾客 NEW YORK The definition of modern retailing is evolving as retailers look at using new technology to help lure more customers. New Yorks Convention center was the

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(一月)

Science and Technology Mimicry The first sparrowhawk of spring 科技 模仿 春天第一只雀鹰 To obtain better access to warbler nests, cuckoos mimic raptors 为了更好地抢占莺的巢穴,杜鹃通常会模仿成猛禽的样子 THE resembl

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

With all the guys working up top, 这么多人在上面工作 you might want to think about a side entrance for your, uh, arrowcave. 你也许得考虑给你的弓箭洞穴开个侧门 Just put one in. South alleyway. 开一个吧,南方小道 Some

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

What did you get? 你发现了什么 I think your friend's bodyguard gave him the wrong security fob. 我觉得你朋友的保镖给了他错的安全卡 Why is that? 这怎么说 Well, once I got past Blackhawk's authentication system, there wasn't

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

But then once I put on that face and put in the contact lenses. 但是当我化完妆 戴上隐形眼镜后 Cause it was a nose and lips,eyebrows,ears.All subtle but a lot of stuff. 因为有鼻子 嘴唇 眉毛 耳朵 都是小东西 但是有很多

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 柯南脱口秀

无法承受的承受 Oats We Sow Oats We Sow Gregory and the Hawk Someday I'll toss all your presents and bury the letters left unsent Cause it's bad to do what's easy Just cause it's easy and I wanna do what pleases me but I can't The road, she'd r

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

RIO DE JANEIRO, Feb. 19 (Xinhua) -- World football's governing body FIFA has announced that goal-line technology will be used during the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. System providers have been asked to submit bids by April with the technology set to be

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

As you will, Khaleesi, Ser Jorah said respectfully. 如您所愿,卡丽熙。乔拉爵士恭敬地说。 She heard the sound of voices and turned to look behind her. 她听见响动,便回头看去。 She and Mormont had outdistanced the rest of

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

Business 商业报道 Cinema economics 影院经济学 Bigger on the inside 在里面更大 Now showing at your local cinema: operas, circuses and television shows 现在正在您当地的影院上映的:歌剧,马戏团和电视节目 WHOVIANS h

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

面试实用的英文电影台词 1、There is no certainty, only opportunity.V for Vendetta (2005) - V (Hugo Weaving) 没有一定会怎样,只有可能会怎样。--《V字仇杀队》,V(雨果-威明) 2、A good plan today is better than a per

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Mother Teresa was born in Albania in 1910, and died in 1997. Her real name is Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu. She became famous the world over for starting the Missionaries of Charity in Calcutta, India. She began this work in 1950 and for over forty years, s

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人简介

God I messed it up again, I seem to do this all the time Can you forgive me one again, or have I finally crossed the line? They say Your grace is always with me and You're near me all the time If that's the case I pray sincerely that Your love is tru

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲