The daughter of a poor, black Baptist preacher, Marian Wright Edelman grew up in the racially segregated South. But she worked her way through college and law school and went to Washington, D.C., as counsel to Martin Luther King, Jr.'s, Poor People's

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 Bilingual News

The next morning, as soon as they had finished breakfast, the Alden children took the bikes that Aunt Jane kept for them and set off along the quiet country road. A gentle breeze was stirring the long grass and the birds were singing up a storm when

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 83 The Copycat Mystery

By Carol Pearson Washington 30 April 2008 Ten years ago, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved LASIK, eye surgery with a laser that enables people to see without glasses. But about five percent of LASIK procedures fail, and those patients ca

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(四月)

Jack and Annie walked through the front hall of thepalace, past the ice columns, and into the wizard'sthrone room. The walls and floor glittered with thebrilliant, cold light of dawn. Uh-oh, said Jack. The wizard was waiting for them--and the twowhit

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Oil Giants Eye Arctic Reserves Last winter in the Arctic, the Russian tanker Renda carved its way to the remote Alaskan port of Nome. Not long ago this voyage - made in December and January - would have been impossible. The warming climate means thin

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(九月)

Eye halve a spelling checkerIt came with my pea sea.In this poem some words have been substituted by homophones - words with the same sound but different spelling. It proves that computer spelling checkers are not infallible! Eye Halve a Spelling Che

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

DEVELOPMENT REPORT – December 30, 2002: Adaptive Eyecare By Jill Moss This is the VOA Special English Development Report. The World Health Organization estimates as many as one-thousand-million peop

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

Women's ice hockey is still a relatively new addition to the Olympic movement, first introduced in Nagano, Japan at the 1998 Winter Olympics. This year, the U.S. Women's Hockey team is one of eight squads competing for a gold medal at the 2010 Winter

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

这首Queenie Eye选自保罗的最新专辑New。 《Queenie Eye》中英双语歌词: There were rules you never told me Never came up with a plan All the stories that you sold me Didnt help me understand But I had to get it worked out Had nobody

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

Eye Charity Takes Airborne Healing to World LOS ANGELES International charity Orbis is helping the visually impaired through a flying hospital staffed by volunteer doctors and medical workers. It recently unveiled a new version of its airborne clinic

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(六月)

HEALTH REPORT - Blood Pressure Drugs May Prevent Dry Eye Syndrome By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Many people around the world suf

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

At this time of year, the schools have tests of all kinds for the children. Reading and writing tests, math skills tests, and tomorrow, there will be hearing and vision tests for the whole school. If you think about it, the two last mentioned tests a

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Ive been getting a lot of headaches the past few weeks and my co-worker suggested I go see an optometrist. Dr. Olho: Okay, lets take a look. Do you wear glasses or contacts? Virginia: I used to, but I had laser eye surgery three years ago and I dont

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

今天我们要学的词是shuteye。 Shuteye, 是睡眠的意思。Catch a little shuteye, 是小睡一会儿的意思。美国全国睡眠基金会的最新研究发现,Roughly one-third of those surveyed admitted catching some shuteye or becomin

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

FIFA close to decision on goal-line technology

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

China's first global import expo, to be held later this year, is expected to offer unprecedented opportunities for Australian businesses to tap the Chinese market. A series of business forums have been held recently in major Australian cities to prom

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Over 400 government officials and heads of media organizations from China and 45 African countries are vowing to strengthen bilateral ties at the fourth Forum on China-Africa Media Cooperation in Beijing. CRI's Yu Yang has more. First set up in 2012,

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: At some point in their lives, many artists spend time painting themselves - self-portraits that express who they are at a particular moment. Washington's National Portrait Gallery is showing over 70 such works. Edward Hopper, at

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

Speaking to the media after the meetings, the Chinese Foreign Minister said that China and ASEAN members have exerted joint efforts to make the ministerial meetings focus on dialogue and cooperation. This year marks the 25th anniversary of China-ASEA

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(251) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

我们今天一起来看看怎么用美语谈男生发型! 1) buzz cut 小平头 2) crew cut 平头 high and tight 3) mohawk 庞克头 4) fauxhawk 仿庞克头

发表于:2019-03-12 / 阅读(1481) / 评论(0) 分类 OMG美语