This was no ordinary forest. What looked like trees were in fact giant fern s, horsetails and club mosses , the fossils of which have been exquisitely preserved in this Scottish park. They offer a gli

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 欧洲自然写真

Eight out of 90 European banks have failed stress tests designed to ensure they can withstand another financial crisis. The European Banking Authority carried out the health check and says another 16 banks are in a dangerous zone. Five Spanish banks

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2011年

新东方4+1听力口语MP3-语音语调 Unit26 Part One 听辨练习 A. 词辨音 Listen, circle the corresponding number if you hear /???(? in the word. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. B. 短语辨音 Write down the words you hear on the tape, then fill in the blanks be

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(192) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方4+1听力口语

Officials in Baghdad say coordinated bombings killed at least 26 people in Iraq today. They say they appeared to be targeting Shiite Muslims in an attempt to undermine the Shiite-led government. No one has claimed responsibility, but officials note c

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

That won't help, Alice said softly. I could smell her across the field. 这没用,爱丽丝温和地说道。我从场地那头就能闻到她。 I know. A hint of frustration colored his tone. 我知道。他的声音里透着一丝沮丧的颜色。

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Peter: So Sarah, you said you're from North Carolina, and I've never been there before, I have no idea what it's like. Is it in the north of America or tell me more about it, I have no idea? Sarah: Well, it's funny because it has north in the name, N

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Attacked by a Butterfly Walking down a path through some woods in Georgia, I saw a water puddle ahead. I angled my direction to go around it. As I reached the puddle, I was suddenly attacked! Yet I did nothing for the attack was so unpredictable and

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 晨读英语美文60篇

When my toddler hears a strange noise, hell say, Mom, what does that sound look like? His amusing phrasing innocently mixes sight and sound. But now a study in the journal Nature Neuroscience suggests that the brain actually links the audio with the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

Tourists Experience the Ancient Sport of Falconry Falconry is an old tradition in many parts of the world, including Western Europe, the Middle East and Central Asia. Now, it is becoming a tourist activity at hotels and other places in the United Sta

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Hostess: Advertisers have used beauty to sell fashion and glamour products to women for decades and now it's being used to hawk other products too,everything from beer ,the breakfast food to cars,like

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

1. A scan of Ariel Sharon's brain shows improvement. Doctors will start bringing the Israeli prime minister out of his medically induced coma Monday. 2. Congressman Tom DeLay steps down as House major

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

1. The White House says it's too early to determine the cause of a helicopter crash in southern Afghanistan. NATO says seven American troops and four Afghans died. The Taliban says insurgents shot down the Black Hawk. 2. Speaking in Ohio, Paul Ryan s

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(八月)

Former US Diplomat Criticizes Japan's Nuclear Response 外交官批评日本核事故后反应 A former high-level U.S. diplomat, who was posted in Japan for many years, is speaking out about Tokyo's initial response to the Fukushima nuclear crisis.

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

KELLY MCEVERS, HOST: One thing the House and Senate tax proposals have in common is that over the next 10 years, they are both likely to add $1.5 trillion to the national debt. The Congressional Budget Office has confirmed the House version would do

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

Everybody get up Everybody get up Hey, hey, hey Hey, hey, hey Hey, hey, hey If you can't hear what I'm trying to say If you can't read from the same page Maybe I'm going death, maybe I'm going blind Maybe I'm out of my mind Ok now he was close, tried

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

I'm feeling sexy and free Like glitter's raining on me You like a shot of pure gold I think I'm 'bout to explode I can taste the tension like a cloud of smoke in the air Now I'm breathing like I'm running cause you're taking me there Don't you know..

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

The head of the U.S. Pacific Command, Admiral Timothy Keating, is in China for a visit he says is aimed at further strengthening military relations, a task he personally began when he first visited China last May. He also acknowledges there are still

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年1月

模仿句子:California's poised to become the first US state to raise its minimum wage to $15 an hour after a proposal passed both Houses at the state legislature. 翻译:在提案通过两院立法程序后,加州势必成为美国第一个最低

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

Wow, Whispered Jack and Annie together. Black Hawk looked silently at the grazing buffalo. Hand me the research book, said Jack. Annie lifted Teddy out of the bag. Then she slid the book outand gave it to Jack. He found a picture of a buffalo herd. H

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

The United States space program began in the late 1950s. Only a little more than fifty years earlier, in 1903, Wilbur and Orville Wright flew the very first airplane in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Yet by mid-century, air travel was common. After the

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was