英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第301期:第十七章 游戏(26)
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
That won't help, Alice said softly. I could smell her across the field. “这没用,”爱丽丝温和地说道。“我从场地那头就能闻到她。”
I know. A hint of frustration 1 colored his tone. “我知道。”他的声音里透着一丝沮丧的颜色。
Carlisle stood at the plate, and the others joined the game halfheartedly. 卡莱尔站到了投手板上,其他人也不甚认真地加入到比赛中。
What did Esme ask you? I whispered. “艾思梅问你什么?”我耳语道。
He hesitated for a second before he answered. Whether they were thirsty, he muttered unwillingly 2. 他迟疑了一秒,然后答道。“他们渴不渴。”他极不情愿地喃喃低语。
The seconds ticked by; the game progressed with apathy 3 now. 时间一分一秒地过去,现在比赛已经进行得很无趣了。
No one dared to hit harder than a bunt, and Emmett, Rosalie, and Jasper hovered 4 in the infield. 没有人敢把球打得比一支短打更远,艾美特,罗莎莉和贾斯帕一直在内野里徘徊着。
Now and again, despite the fear that numbed 5 my brain, I was aware of Rosalie's eyes on me. 偶尔,在因为恐惧而麻木的意识中,我会留意到罗莎莉正注视着我。
They were expressionless, but something about the way she held her mouth made me think she was angry. 她的眸子没有流露出任何情绪,但她紧抿的唇让我感觉到她在生气。
Edward paid no attention to the game at all, eyes and mind ranging the forest. 爱德华根本没在注意比赛,他的眼睛和头脑都在广泛搜索着密林。
I'm sorry, Bella, he muttered fiercely. It was stupid, irresponsible, to expose you like this. I'm so sorry. “对不起,贝拉。”他强烈地低声自责着。“这实在太愚蠢了,我太不可靠了,竟然让你暴露在这样的危险之中。我很抱歉。”
I heard his breath stop, and his eyes zeroed in on right field. 我听到他的呼吸停住了,他的眼睛瞄准了右方的场地。
He took a half step, angling himself between me and what was coming. 他踏出半步,把自己挡住我和即将到来的一切之间。
Carlisle, Emmett, and the others turned in the same direction, hearing sounds of passage much too faint for my ears. 卡莱尔,艾美特,还有其他人都转身朝着同一个方向站着,聆听着对我的耳朵来说太过微弱的,拜访者的脚步声。
1 frustration
n.挫折,失败,失效,落空
- He had to fight back tears of frustration.他不得不强忍住失意的泪水。
- He beat his hands on the steering wheel in frustration.他沮丧地用手打了几下方向盘。
2 unwillingly
adv.不情愿地
- He submitted unwillingly to his mother. 他不情愿地屈服于他母亲。
- Even when I call, he receives unwillingly. 即使我登门拜访,他也是很不情愿地接待我。
3 apathy
n.漠不关心,无动于衷;冷淡
- He was sunk in apathy after his failure.他失败后心恢意冷。
- She heard the story with apathy.她听了这个故事无动于衷。
标签:
英语听力