英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第151期:第九章 理论(15)
时间:2019-02-15 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
"I'll see you tomorrow," he sighed, and I knew he wanted me to leave now. “我们明天见。”他叹了口气。我知道他想让我现在离开。
"Tomorrow, then." I opened the door unwillingly 1. “那么,明天见。”我不情愿地打开门。
"Bella?" I turned and he was leaning toward me, his pale, glorious face just inches from mine. “贝拉。”我回过头来,他向我侧过身子来,他苍白绝伦的面孔离我只有几英寸远。
My heart stopped beating. 我的心跳停拍了。
"Sleep well," he said. His breath blew in my face, stunning 2 me. “祝你睡得好。”他说着。他的呼吸轻拂着我的脸,让我一阵晕眩。
It was the same exquisite 3 scent 4 that clung to his jacket, but in a more concentrated form. 和沾染在他的夹克上的味道一样,一阵甜腻的香气,却更为浓郁。
I blinked, thoroughly 5 dazed. He leaned away. 我眨了眨眼,完全陷入了恍惚中。他已经退回去了。
I was unable to move until my brain had somewhat unscrambled itself. 我一直没法挪动步子,直到我的大脑恢复运作为止。
Then I stepped out of the car awkwardly, having to use the frame for support. 我不得不撑着门框,才笨拙地走下了车。
I thought I heard him chuckle 6, but the sound was too quiet for me to be certain. 我想我听到了他的轻笑声,但这声音太小了,我不能肯定。
He waited till I had stumbled to the front door, and then I heard his engine quietly rev 7. 他一直等在那里,直到我走到前门那里,被它绊了一下。然后,我听到了他的引擎安静地加速的声音。
I turned to watch the silver car disappear around the corner. I realized it was very cold. 我转过身去,看见那辆银色的车消失在转角处。我这才意识,现在很冷。
I reached for the key mechanically, unlocked the door, and stepped inside. 我机械地掏出钥匙,打开门,走进屋里。
Charlie called from the living room. "Bella?" 查理从起居室那边喊道:“贝拉?”
"Yeah, Dad, it's me." I walked in to see him. He was watching a baseball game. “是的,爸爸,是我。”我走进去见他。他正在看棒球赛。
"You're home early." “你回来得很早。”
"Am I?" I was surprised. “是吗?”我很惊讶。
"It's not even eight yet," he told me. "Did you girls have fun?" “还不到八点呢,”他告诉我。“你们几个女孩子玩得开心吗?”
"Yeah—it was lots of fun." My head was spinning as I tried to remember all the way back to the girls' night out I had planned. “是的——太开心了。”我的脑子高速运转着,试图回想起我原本计划的女孩之夜的所有内容。
"They both found dresses." “她们俩都找到了裙子。”
"Are you all right?" “你还好吧?”
"I'm just tired. I did a lot of walking." “我只是有点累,我走了很多路。”
"Well, maybe you should go lie down." He sounded concerned. I wondered what my face looked like. “好吧,也许你应该上去躺着。”他听起来有些担心。我想知道我的脸看起来怎么样。
"I'm just going to call Jessica first." “我想先给杰西卡打个电话。”
adv.不情愿地
- He submitted unwillingly to his mother. 他不情愿地屈服于他母亲。
- Even when I call, he receives unwillingly. 即使我登门拜访,他也是很不情愿地接待我。
adj.极好的;使人晕倒的
- His plays are distinguished only by their stunning mediocrity.他的戏剧与众不同之处就是平凡得出奇。
- The finished effect was absolutely stunning.完工后的效果非常美。
adj.精美的;敏锐的;剧烈的,感觉强烈的
- I was admiring the exquisite workmanship in the mosaic.我当时正在欣赏镶嵌画的精致做工。
- I still remember the exquisite pleasure I experienced in Bali.我依然记得在巴厘岛所经历的那种剧烈的快感。
n.气味,香味,香水,线索,嗅觉;v.嗅,发觉
- The air was filled with the scent of lilac.空气中弥漫着丁香花的芬芳。
- The flowers give off a heady scent at night.这些花晚上散发出醉人的芳香。
adv.完全地,彻底地,十足地
- The soil must be thoroughly turned over before planting.一定要先把土地深翻一遍再下种。
- The soldiers have been thoroughly instructed in the care of their weapons.士兵们都系统地接受过保护武器的训练。
vi./n.轻声笑,咯咯笑
- He shook his head with a soft chuckle.他轻轻地笑着摇了摇头。
- I couldn't suppress a soft chuckle at the thought of it.想到这个,我忍不住轻轻地笑起来。
标签:
英语听力