英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第156期:第十章 审问(4)
时间:2019-02-15 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
"Hadn't you noticed? I'm breaking all the rules now." “你没注意到吗?现在我把所有的规则都打破了。”
He met me at the front of the car, staying very close to my side as we walked onto campus. 他和我在车前碰头,当我们走进校园里的时候,他一直紧挨着我。
I wanted to close that little distance, to reach out and touch him, but I was afraid he wouldn't like me to. 我很想把这段小小的距离消灭掉,想要伸出手触碰他,但我很怕他不喜欢我这样做。
"Why do you have cars like that at all?" I wondered aloud. "If you're looking for privacy?" “为什么你们的车都是那样的呢?”我大声地表达了自己的疑问。“如果你们想要保持隐私的话?”
"An indulgence," he admitted with an impish smile. "We all like to drive fast." “一个嗜好。”他顽皮地笑着,承认道。“我们都喜欢开快车。”
"Figures," I muttered under my breath. “有道理。”我低声呢喃道。
Under the shelter of the cafeteria roof's overhang, Jessica was waiting, her eyes about to bug 1 out of their sockets 2. 自助餐厅的屋顶伸出的屋檐下,杰西卡在等待着。她的眼球几乎要掉出眼眶来了。
Over her arm, bless her, was my jacket. 在她手臂上的——上帝保佑她——是我的夹克。
"Hey, Jessica," I said when we were a few feet away. “嗨,杰西卡。”当我们走到几英尺外的时候,我说道。
"Thanks for remembering." She handed me my jacket without speaking. “谢谢你还记得。”她把夹克递给我,什么也没说。
"Good morning, Jessica," Edward said politely. “早上好,杰西卡。”爱德华礼貌地说。
It wasn't really his fault that his voice was so irresistible 3. Or what his eyes were capable of. 他的声音是如此地让人难以抗拒,但这真的不是他的错。也许他的双眸要负上一点责任。
"Er... hi." She shifted her wide eyes to me, trying to gather her jumbled 4 thoughts. “唔……嗨。”她把那双大眼睛移向我,试图找回混乱的思绪。
"I guess I'll see you in Trig." She gave me a meaningful look, and I suppressed a sigh. “我猜,我们三角函数课上见。”她意味深长地看了我一眼,我抑制住了一声叹息。
What on earth was I going to tell her? 我到底要告诉她什么呢?
"Yeah, I'll see you then." “好的,待会儿见。”
She walked away, pausing twice to peek 5 back over her shoulder at us. 她走开了,但途中停顿了两次,从肩膀上偷瞄我们。
"What are you going to tell her?" Edward murmured. “你准备告诉她什么?”爱德华低声说道。
"Hey, I thought you couldn't read my mind!" I hissed 6. “嘿,我以为你不能读我的心!”我嘘声说着。
"I can't," he said, startled. Then understanding brightened his eyes. “我确实不能。”他惊愕地说。然后,心领神会的神情点亮了他的眼睛。
"However, I can read hers—she'll be waiting to ambush 7 you in class." “但是,我能读她的心——她正等着在课堂上伏击你呢。”
I groaned 8 as I pulled off his jacket and handed it to him, replacing it with my own. He folded it over his arm. 我呻吟了一声,把他的夹克拉下来,递给他,穿上了我自己的夹克。他把它搭在了手臂上。
"So what are you going to tell her?" “那么,你打算告诉她什么?”
n.虫子;故障;窃听器;vt.纠缠;装窃听器
- There is a bug in the system.系统出了故障。
- The bird caught a bug on the fly.那鸟在飞行中捉住了一只昆虫。
n.套接字,使应用程序能够读写与收发通讯协定(protocol)与资料的程序( Socket的名词复数 );孔( socket的名词复数 );(电器上的)插口;托座;凹穴
- All new PCs now have USB sockets. 新的个人计算机现在都有通用串行总线插孔。
- Make sure the sockets in your house are fingerproof. 确保你房中的插座是防触电的。 来自超越目标英语 第4册
adj.非常诱人的,无法拒绝的,无法抗拒的
- The wheel of history rolls forward with an irresistible force.历史车轮滚滚向前,势不可挡。
- She saw an irresistible skirt in the store window.她看见商店的橱窗里有一条叫人着迷的裙子。
adj.混乱的;杂乱的
- Books, shoes and clothes were jumbled together on the floor. 书、鞋子和衣服胡乱堆放在地板上。
- The details of the accident were all jumbled together in his mind. 他把事故细节记得颠三倒四。
vi.偷看,窥视;n.偷偷的一看,一瞥
- Larry takes a peek out of the window.赖瑞往窗外偷看了一下。
- Cover your eyes and don't peek.捂上眼睛,别偷看。
发嘶嘶声( hiss的过去式和过去分词 ); 发嘘声表示反对
- Have you ever been hissed at in the middle of a speech? 你在演讲中有没有被嘘过?
- The iron hissed as it pressed the wet cloth. 熨斗压在湿布上时发出了嘶嘶声。
n.埋伏(地点);伏兵;v.埋伏;伏击
- Our soldiers lay in ambush in the jungle for the enemy.我方战士埋伏在丛林中等待敌人。
- Four men led by a sergeant lay in ambush at the crossroads.由一名中士率领的四名士兵埋伏在十字路口。
标签:
英语听力