Israeli worshipers went to the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem today to offer prayers for Israelis under attack. Hamas militants from Gaza had fired more rockets into Israel today, including toward Tel Aviv. Israeli military says its missile defense system

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

Catherine invited Nelson to dinner. Last semester she had been a student in Nelsons grammar class, but she had to drop the class because her son Kendall was having a problem in school. The problem was that he wasnt studying. Catherine decided that Ke

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文小故事

I know fresh lakes in the north, undisturbed except by fish and hawk, 我知道在北边还一些罕有人迹的湖,那里只有鱼和天上的鹰, and of course, by the Telephone Company, which has to follow its nose. 当然,电话公司的鼻子

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 精灵鼠小弟

Heather loved the freedom of soaring high above the land and sea. She learned how to hang-glide from her boyfriend. Initially, she was scared to death. The first time he took her up, she hung on for dear life. But by the end of that flight, she was h

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

I believe in honor, faith and service. I believe that a little outrage can take you ... I believe in freedom of speech. I believe in empathy. I believe in truth. I believe in the ingredients of love. This I Believe. On Mondays, we bring you our serie

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年NPR美国国家公共电台

U-2 Spy Plane Still Flying High One of the oldest planes the United States Air Force still flies is used to carry out some of America's most sensitive and critical missions. Whether it's aiding NATO troops in Afghanistan, providing surveillance over

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

Scientists race against time to train people to de-oil birds Nathan King | Dauphin Island, Alabama 19 May 2010 As oil from that major spill in the Gulf of Mexico reaches land, scientists are in a race against time. Just off the Alabama coast, on Daup

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

Lesson Thirteen 听力部分 Dialogue Completion: Listen to the tape repeatedly and try to complete the following dialogues, using the exact words or phrases that you hear on the tape. B Man: A ____ ago today in _______________ after the __________,

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 王强口语 第二册

Former Boston mob boss James Whitey Bulger once among the most fugitives in the country is convicted of racketeering and murder. WBUR's Asma Khalid reports jurors reached a verdict not long ago. The indictment against him was a racketeering indictmen

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

AILSA CHANG, HOST: The caravan of migrants making its way across Mexico could have political implications far from the southwest border. With the midterm election less than two weeks away, Republican candidates are joining President Trump in talking

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

Jack opened his eyes. Sunlight streamed through hiswindow. 'Tuesday! he whispered. Morgan's note had toldhim and Annie to come back to the magic tree houseon Tuesday. He could hardly wait to find out whereshe was sending them today! Jack scrambled ou

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

By Nancy-Amelia Collins Pramuka Island, Indonesia 26 November 2007 In December, nations will gather on the Indonesian island of Bali to discuss ways to deal with global warming and environmental damage. Indonesia is in many ways a test case for those

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

Military investigators will spend today collecting and analyzing all of these as they attempted to piece together what happened. At the moment, there is very little to go on. The weather of yesterday was good and the jet appeared fine as it took off

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

Amelia Mary Earhart was born in her grandmothers house in Atchison, Kansas, on July 24, 1897. The house was high on a hill. It had eleven rooms. Maids and a cook worked there. Dinner was served on fine china. Amelias mothers parents had a lot of mone

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

The wolf had yellow eyes and sharp teeth. Teddy snarled and barked. Annie rushed forward to grab thelittle dog. Suddenly the wolf stood up on its hind legs! Yikes! said Annie. She leaped back. Then she and Jack started to laugh. The fierce wolf was B

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Black Hawk led Jack and Annie toward the tepees. Everyonekept watching them. Jack couldn't tell what anyone was thinking. No one lookedangry. But no one looked happy, either. Jack wondered how to appear brave. He glanced at Annie. She walked tall and

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

The sun was going down as the three ponies galloped forhome. The deep blue sky was streaked with golden red light. Back at the Lakota camp, the circle of tepees glowed in thesetting sun. People were gathered around a large fire. Black Hawk led Jack a

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Jack felt Teddy licking his cheek. He opened his eyes. Gray light came through the smoke hole. The fire was out. The tepee was empty. Jack jumped up. He grabbed his bag and hurried outside withTeddy. In the cool light before dawn, everyone was taking

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

And now the stone was gone and she flew across the Dothraki sea, high and higher, the green rippling beneath, 石地板也消失不见。她飞越过多斯拉克海,越飞越高,任绿海在下方波荡, and all that lived and breathed fled in

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

Barack Obama and Raul castro have spared over hunman rights and US trade embargo, they have attend press conference on the second day of the US President's visit to Cuba. Obama said Cuba has made progress on political reform and human rights. Preside

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版