精灵鼠小弟 第89期:电线修理工的好心指点
英语课
I know fresh lakes in the north, undisturbed except by fish and hawk 1,
我知道在北边还一些罕有人迹的湖,那里只有鱼和天上的鹰,
and of course, by the Telephone Company, which has to follow its nose.
当然,电话公司的鼻子也伸到了那里。
I know all these places well.
我对这些地方都非常的熟悉。
They are a long way from here—don't forget that.
不过它们都离这里很远——这你可别忘了。
And a person who is looking for something doesn't travel very fast.
一个想在旅途中寻觅到什么的人,绝不能走得太快。
"That's perfectly 2 true," said Stuart.
“的确如此,”斯图亚特说。
Well, I guess I'd better be going.
好了,我想我该走了。
Thank you for your friendly remarks.
谢谢你好心的指点。
"Not at all," said the repairman. "I hope you find that bird."
“不客气,”修理工说。“我希望你能找到那只鸟。”
Stuart rose from the ditch, climbed into his car, and started up the road that led toward the north.
斯图亚特站起身来,爬回汽车,往北方驶去。
The sun was just coming up over the hills on his right.
太阳刚刚爬到他身后的小山上。
As he peered ahead into the great land that stretched before him, the way seemed long.
他凝视着在前面无限延伸着的大地,知道要走的路还会很长。
But the sky was bright, and he somehow felt he was headed in the right direction.
但是天空是明亮的,他感觉自己也正走在正确的方向。
标签:
精灵鼠小弟