14. Quit Cold Turkey Jane is talking to her boyfriend. J: You promised me that you were going to give up smoking. What's that in your hand? B: I'm sorry. I really want to except that every time I get

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(310) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄中级美国英语

Benefits of Having a Student Card 1--Do English students have to pay for their education? 2--No, the fees are usually paid by the state. 1--Do they get a grant as well? 2--Yes, most of them get a grant. 1--Can they live on it? 2--It's very difficult

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 听力每日练习补充

Cambridge 8 TEST 1 1. agree=concur=go along with=fall in with=go with v.同意2. sceptic and advocate=different attitude 不同的看法3. significance=impressive=meaning=sense n.重要性4. meditation: the practice of emptying your mind of thoughts

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

题目要求: College StudentsLiving Condition 1. 反应大学生生存状况的词语从蜗居、蚁族到鼠族,不断涌现。 2. 对于这种现象,你有什么看法? 参考范文: College StudentsLiving Condition Recently, the living co

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

1.Go for a walk. 1. 出去走走 Regular exercise helps improve thinking and memory retention, Susa says. Taking a walk, a cardio class, or a long-distance run gives your brain a rest from work-related thoughts. It has a chance to be creative, which

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

We always seem to want those things we don't have. Moreover, we are often convinced that if we had those things we want so badly, we would finally be happy. The truth is that happiness is an attitude. It's not something created by outside circumstanc

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Now we're not here for that long anyway, 虽然不管怎样我们不会在此地待多长时间, but to spend almost half of our life lost in thought and potentially quite unhappy, I don't know, 但耗费大半人生迷失在思考中并因此可能变

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Improve Your Mind. 改善你的心态。 Meditate or pray. 冥想或祈祷。 Write in a journal. 写日志。 Take five deep breaths. 做5次深呼吸。 Sit silently and be mindfully observant of everything around you. 安静地坐着,并用心观察

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Todd: Ah, Jeanie, you say you are really into meditation. Jeanie: Yes. Todd: So can you explain what meditation is and how you meditate and what are good way to meditate for other listeners. Jeanie: So as far as meditation is concerned, I feel that i

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

The driver was forced to explain that this was an old man. 驭车人只得给他解释这是一位老人。 Deep in thought, Gautama returned to his palace. 乔答摩若有所思地回到他的宫殿。 On another occasion he saw someone who was sick

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

Falling asleep is difficult enough. Getting real rest when you're off in dreamworld is something else altogether. 入睡本身就是一件很难的事情了。想要在梦乡中充分得到休息又是一件完全不同的麻烦事。 Thankfully, as

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

stage4 未来打算: what about your future plan? Do you think your English is good enough to live in Canada? what will you do if you can't find a job in Canada? what's your biggest problem in emmigra

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Whiskey Does You Good 威士忌对你有好处 A professor of chemistry wanted to teach his class a lesson about the evils of alcohol, so he produced an experiment that involved a glass of water, a glass of whiskey and two worms. 化学老师要给班里

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

And yet Marcus Aurelius hated war. 不过马库斯.奥里利厄斯根本不喜欢战争。 He was a gentle, quiet man, a philosopher, who loved nothing better than reading or writing. 他是一个温和、安静的人,最喜欢读书和写书,他也

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

And there they stand--miles of them--leagues. 他们就站在那里...一连几英里,一连十几英里都是。 Inlanders all, they come from lanes and alleys, streets and avenues,north, east, south, and west. 他们都是来自大街小巷......来自

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

GRE考试写作素材整理。如何做好gre写作考试的备考?平时练习的过程中,注重积累是必不可少的,下面是为同学们搜索整理的GRE考试写作素材。希望对同学们的gre 考试有所帮助,下面一起来看看

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE作文

Say No 说不的好处 You're more self-aware. 你会更有自知之明。 Self awareness is the art of recognizing your needs and feelings as your own, and not tied to any person or your environment.Creating your own limitations is an inherently sel

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

magistrate n.文职官员, 地方官员 maiden n.少女, 处女 adj.未婚的, 纯洁的, 处女的, 无经验的 majesty n.最高权威, 王权, 雄伟 malignant adj.恶性的 mammal n.哺乳动物 ma

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

Surprising Benefits of Being Single 单身的好处 You can stay in touch with friends. 可以和朋友保持密切的联系 Don't you worry; we'll stay in touch!Those words should sound familiar if you have friends who have gotten married and/or h

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Surprising Benefits of Being Single 单身的好处 You can save tons of time. 节约了大把的时间 Its fun to send flirty texts back and forth, but can you imagine how much time the typical couple spends on their phones? 你来我往地发短信

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening