The soldiers whip the old friar and he falls to the ground. 士兵们把老修士按到地上。 Don Diego is very angry because Friar Felipe is his friend. 唐迭戈很生气,因为弗雷尔费利佩是他的朋友。 He returns to his father's ha

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 蒙面侠佐罗

Meditation can be better at relieving pain than the best pain-relieving drugs, according to a new report published in the Journal of Neuroscience. The study into the effects of the mind and pain was led by Dr Fadel Zeidan in the USA. The research loo

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 创新英语

Once upon a time, there was a forest. That forest contained many animals. There lived a hunter. He loved hunting rabbits, because he loved the rabbit meat. Many a time he was advised by his friends to give up hunting in general and hunting the rabbit

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A new study presented at the 68th Annual Conference of the Cardiological Society of India (CSI) has revealed that yoga could be the answer to reducing blood pressure in patients with prehypertension. 印度心脏学会第68届年会上提出的一项新

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Most mornings as I leave the Y after my swim and shower, I cross paths with a coterie of toddlers entering with their caregivers for a kid-oriented activity. I cant resist saying hello, requesting a high-five, and wishing them a fun time. I leave the

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Research shows that habitual complaining affects us mentally, emotionally, and physically. Such behavior may cause or worsen stress, sapping our energy and desire to pursue our dreams. 研究表明,习惯性抱怨会从心理上、情感上和生理上

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

A: How have you been doing lately? B: Actually, I havent been sleeping well. I am kind of out of it. A: Is there some reason why you cant get enough sleep? B: I go to bed, but I just cant get comfortable enough to stay asleep. A: When do you turn in

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-健康

When love beckons to you, follow him, though his ways are hard and steep. And when his wings enfold you, yield to him, though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you. And when he speaks to you, believe in him, though his voice may shatter yo

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

You know, this is crazy. We do this all the time, even on an everyday level. 你知道,这很不正常。我们总是在想这些,甚至在日常生活的状态下。 If you think about the last time you had a wobbly tooth. 如果你想想最后一

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Turns out, you're not just what you eat -- you're also where you eat. 吃什么决定着你是什么样子?事实证明,在哪儿吃一样重要。 Researchers found that study participants snacked on double the number of calories when standing i

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Machines of Loving Grace 慈爱的机器 In San Francisco and the Santa Clara Valley during the late 1960s, various cultural currents flowed together. 20世纪60年代末,各种文化潮流在旧金山和硅谷交汇。 There was the technology rev

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Everyday routine 每天小事 Wake up early 早起 Early in the morning I am free to start my day on my terms. By waking early, I can set the pace and create a mood that lasts the day. The quiet of my house has a soothing hum that vibrates against my

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

今天我们分享的是英文美文清晨许愿 A Morning Wish The sun is just rising in the morning of another day. What can I wish that this day may bring me? I wish that this day could bring me a few friends, who understand me, and yet remain my

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

The pilot plan of an elementary school in Foshan, South Chinas Guangdong province to replace its customary afternoon nap for students with zazen meditation was recently ended after being tried for only two days, due to the complaints of parents. Comm

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Top 10 Ways To Improve Your Brain Fitness Brain fitness has basic principles: variety and curiosity. When anything you do becomes second nature, you need to make a change. If you can do the crossword puzzle in your sleep, it's time for you to move on

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Have you ever started a diet or exercise program but didnt stick with it? If you are like millions of other people, youve set out with the best intentions but failed to keep the momentum going. Im going to explain why relying on motivation and willpo

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

A study of 400 people found that those who were mindful, which means they pay attention to their present thoughts and feelings, were less likely to be obese. They also had lessbelly fat than less mindful people. But it does not prove that higher mind

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

What is it? Handstands, basically. 这是什么?可以说是双手倒立。 How much does it cost? Handstands are currently free to perform, although its always worth learning good technique. My trainer was aerialist Zoe Jones, who holds workshops

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

New Words: pet vt. 宠爱,爱抚 soothe vt. 安慰;使平静;缓和 intensive adj. 加强的;集中的; necessitate vt.使成为必需,需要;迫使 recharge vt.再充电; 再装填(弹药等); 01. Help you sleep better 帮助你睡得更

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

I like to travel to different places, I can see the beautiful scenery and get to know the different cultures. My friends and I always travel together, we make many plans in advance. But the plans will always be interrupted by all kinds of unexpected

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文