VAMPIRES, we know by now, are allergic to the sun, enjoy a liquid-only diet and cannot stand to see themselves in the mirror. But in recent films and fiction, such as the Twilight series, they have shed their dark capes and castles for an existence m

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

Previously on The Vampire Diaries... 《吸血鬼日记》前情提要 This was a murder. 这是一起谋杀 Someone drove this stake through his heart. 有人往他心脏上插了这根木桩 I would know if I were killing people. 如果我杀人了起

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 吸血鬼日记第三季

Idiom: Memory like a sieve 什么也记不住,记忆力极差,健忘 Hit the book: Work on Script Fantastic Twilight Vampire Star Subsequent Gross Eclipse Twilight is a 2008 American vampire romance film based on Stephenie Meyer's popular novel o

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Under the influence of rabies, even docile animals often become dangerously aggressive and bite without provocation. Since the virus often concentrates in the saliva of the infected animal, a single bite can pass it on directly into the blood of the

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

Previously on The Vampire Diaries 《吸血鬼日记》前情回顾 For over a century, I have lived in secret 一个多世纪以来,我都秘密地活着 until now. 直到现在 I know the risk. But I have to know her. 我知道很危险,但我必

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 吸血鬼日记第一季

Previously on The vampire diaries... 《吸血鬼日记》前情提要 For over a century, I have lived in secret 过去的一个多世纪,我都秘密地活着 Until now. I know the risk, 直到现在,我知道这很冒险 but I have to know her

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 吸血鬼日记第二季

My name is Elena Gilbert, and I'm a vampire. 我是埃琳娜吉尔伯特,我是吸血鬼 I'm learning how to survive, but there are complications. 我正学习如何生存,但情况有些复杂 You're sired to me, Elena. 埃琳娜,你对我认祖

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 吸血鬼日记第四季

Mystic Falls...I was born here. 神秘瀑布镇,我在这里出生 This is my home. 这里是我的家 And mine. And mine.. 也是我的,还有我 For centuries, supernatural creatures have lived among us. 几个世纪以来,超自然生物生活

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 吸血鬼日记第四季

歌曲:The Neighbourhood-How(电视剧《初代吸血鬼》插曲) The 25-year-old Australian actress The CW show The Originals returns from its winter hiatus TONIGHT! In our interview, Claire disclosed her favorite former cast mates on The Vampire

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 英语娱乐八卦

Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. Im Doug Johnson. VOICE TWO: And Im Barbara Klein. This week on our program, we take you to the summer movies. This year's crop includes vampires, talking toys, an Iron Man and, of course, love. (MUSI

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(六)月

公司总裁Tim召集部门经理开会,讨论公司可以采取哪些节能环保的措施。 Tim: Good morning folks, thanks for joining us. In light of the recent economic downturn, we thought we should pow-wow some ways we can conserve energy.

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Voice 1 Hello. Im Mike Procter. Voice 2 And Im Marina Santee. Welcome to Spotlight. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 What do you think

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

今天我们要学的词是sequel。 Sequel, 续集。The director announced that a sequel is in the works, 导演宣布,他们正在拍续集。The vampire smash Twilight sequel New Moon has proved to be a huge hit at the box office. 吸血鬼大片

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

1. Are You a Parrot? Do you find yourself just paraphrasing or repeating what the other person said? If they say, that was a cool movie! do you say, Yeah, that was a really cool movie!? Parrots act like they are having a conversation, but in reality,

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 13 (Xinhua) -- Leading independent motion picture producer and distributor Lionsgate has acquired vampire and werewolves epic series Twilight producer Summit Entertainment for 412.5 million U.S. dollars, the company announced on Fri

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Contents Under Pressure OPHIRA EISENBERG, HOST: Let's meet our next two contestants. First up, Ross Freilich. You work in mergers and acquisitions, and you just got back from a trip to an island north of the Arctic Circle. ROSS FREILICH: That's corre

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

I meandered through the streets, which were filling up with end-of-the-workday traffic, and hoped I was headed toward downtown. 我漫步着穿过街道,一心希望自己正在走向闹市区,街上正挤满了下班的车流。 I wasn't paying

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Weren't you just with her? he asked, surprised. 你刚才不是还跟她在一起吗?他惊讶地问道。 Yesbut I left my jacket in her car. I want to make sure she brings it tomorrow. 是的但我把我的夹克落在她车里了。我想让她明

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Why? I was shocked, but she didn't understand my reaction. 为什么?我震惊了,但她误解了我的反应。 He's so... intimidating. I wouldn't know what to say to him. 他太吓人了。我不知道该怎么形容他。 She made a face, pro

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

本期内容: Questions about vampires in Poland and vegetarian sausages are among the most bizarre phone calls made to consular staff, the Foreign Office has said. It has compiled the strangest calls from Britons abroad in 2018 in a bid to remind

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读