In Joplin, Missouri, it's a race against time to find tornado survivors. Local authorities aren't exactly sure how many people are unaccounted for. The numbers vary. They're holding out hope though that the death toll won't rise. At least 117 people

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

[00:03.42]I can't. Oh,why? 我做不到 为什么? [00:04.34]just do it. Deeper. 用力点 再进来一些 [00:06.74]Oh,come on! Just do it! 拜托! 按我说的做吧! [00:07.10]I'll poke the baby if I go deeper. 再深点我就会压到胎儿的 [0

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语:一夜大肚

I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: two-faced words, also known as Janus words after the Roman god with two faces looking in opposite directions or contronyms. RS:We are talking about a word that has developed two oppos

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

Septa Mordane, Jon told her. I dont think shed like Nymeria helping, either. 茉丹修女会啰。琼恩告诉她,而且我想她一定不喜欢娜梅莉亚这样帮忙的。 The she-wolf regarded him silently with her dark golden eyes. Its just as

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

AS IT IS 2015-11-19 Slurp Your Soup, Yes! Share Your Sticks, No! Japanese Dining Rules Almost anywhere in the world, people can find a Japanese restaurant. Many walk by because they do not know the customs or the kinds of food. VOA Learning English w

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Monday marks China's traditional Mid-Autumn Festival, also known as the harvest and family reunion festival. The Chinese are celebrating it by observing different traditional folk customs and getting together with their families. CRI's Wei Tong has t

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Here in an umbrella thorn tree, in Tanzania, Africa, some Fischer's lovebirds are looking for a nice hollow in which to nest and raise their young. The lovebird is a small stout member of the parrot family. They are like humans and their location is

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2009年

From the CNN Center in Atlanta. Im Josh Levs. Thanks for checking in with us. Heres a look at whats happening NOW IN THE NEWS. We are getting some new videos from Pakistan. This amateur video shows former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto just

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(一)月

政坛名人时常语出惊人,好比委内瑞拉总统查韦斯,在拉美首脑峰会上与哥伦比亚总统互掐,逼得对方冒出一句像个男人样,随即被无数人引用,成为新的政坛流行语。 政坛领袖们常常语出惊

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The more books you read, the better your life will be. If you dont believe me, please consider these twelve compelling reasons to read more books. Orange chicken, beef and broccoli, a cup of fried rice and you have Chinese food. At least, thats how I

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

MADRID, Feb. 16 (Xinhua) -- Leo Messi scored two more goals in his incredible season as FC Barcelona took a hard fought 2-1 win away to Granada to ensure they at least retain their lead at the top of Spain's BBVA Primera Liga over Atletico Madrid and

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

上一次我们学了几个由cat这个词发展而来的习惯用语。今天还要讲也包括cat这个关键词的习惯用语。 第一个是: let the cat out of the bag。 这是个相当古老的习惯用语。它的起源可以追溯到二百五

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

A: They usuallypoke their noses intothe affairs of other people. They ask questions, people do not commonly ask. 他们总是对别人的事情很感兴趣,打听一些一般人不会问的问题。 B: If theyhit it offwith on another, they dont mi

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

美国人爱玩什么?今天Jenny和大家想念已久的开言主播Jason就要跟你聊聊最近风靡美国的手游Pokemon Go; 告诉你它为何那么受美国人欢迎? 关键词: 记得Game Boy吗?美国人也超爱 Pokemon Go is the l

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

Did erudite Stubb, mounted upon your capstan, deliver lectures on the anatomy of the Cetacea; 是不是那个博学的斯塔布曾经爬上你的绞盘,给你讲过鲸类的解剖学; and by help of the windlass, hold up a specimen rib for exhibi

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Even the cabin table itself had been knocked into kindling-wood; 甚至舱室里的饭桌也给敲来引火了; and the cabin mess dined off the broad head of an oil-butt, lashed down to the floor for a centrepiece. 船长室里只得用一个大油桶

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

LEADING HIS OWN HERD 领导象群 It was not only Kubwa's strength that made him win, for often he tackled elephants who were really stronger than himself. 库巴的力量不仅使他获胜,因为他经常对付比他强壮的大象。 But he was q

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材5

Food is delicious, not to mention kind of important for life. 食物很美味,更别说对生命来讲有些重要。 But food also goes bad, 但食物也会坏掉, so humans have invented many ways to preserve it to eat later or far from where i

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美人文风情

讲解文本: poke the bear 戳熊,摸老虎屁股(指激怒对方的行为) ask for a day off 请一天假 not in a good mood 情绪不好 - Should I ask the boss for a day off ? 我能不能向老板请一天假? - He is not in a good moo

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

BedRock是说唱超级团体Young Money Entertainment于日前发行的首张合辑《We Are Young Money》中的首播主打单曲。 [Lloyd] I-I-I I Can Make Your Bed Rock I-I-I I Can Make Your Bed Rock Girl I-I-I I Can Make Your Bed Rock I-I-I I C

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(223) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲