Well, we take so many things for granted. Employees will wash their hands before making your food. Police and firefighters will come when you call them and doctors who poke and prod you are using clean instruments. Well, hold off on that last one. On

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(四)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Sticks and stones may break some bonesunless you're a young female chimp. In that case, you're more likely to cradle your stick like a dollie. That findi

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

Now de Sautuola had come to the cave to excavate the floor, to poke around for prehistoric relics, such as bones and tools, it was Maria who made the discovery for which Altamira became famous.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 人、艺术、世界

Mike: OK, so Jeff, we've been talking a little bit about your travel kind of experiences and stuff, and one other question I wanted to ask you, is there a time where you experienced something really weird, or something strange that happened in your t

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

An Experience of Watching a Bullfight in Spain We were staying at one of the nicest resort hotels we could find in the south of Spain. We noticed bullfight posters all over town, but didn't pay much a

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑下

We've got a bunch of poles missing, said my husband *in a huff, as he got in his car to go to a meeting. He had been looking in the storage area above our garage for tents, and all that goes with them. We needed the tents because nine boys had come o

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

US-France Relations May Be Most Complicated (Music) French singer Vigon performs American music every night at the restaurant The American Dream in the heart of Paris. He says French people love Ameri

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--国政军事聚焦

To do a job right, you need the right tools. Even a chimp knows that. According to a study in the American Journal of Primatology, chimps in the Congo use multiple tools to capture army ants. Youve probably seen footage of chimps using sticks to harv

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

AS IT IS 2016-01-23 What's Trending: #Blizzard2016 This is Whats Trending Today. The eastern part of the United States, from Tennessee all the way to Boston, is expected to receive some bad winter weather this weekend. The morning program Today Show

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(301) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

AS IT IS 2015-12-25 Top 10 Lists for News, Movies and Pigeons This is the time of the year for top 10 lists. The end of the year produces lists that cover: top news stories, top entertainment stories and top sports stories. Other lists cover more unu

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

李华陪Larry一起去看房子。今天我们要学两个常用语:tip your hand和poker face. LH: Larry, 这间公寓简直太理想了。两个卧室,一个大厨房,后面居然还有个小院子。我看就是它吧! LL: Yeah, I know. A

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

We used to be, we used to be Lovers But now we don't, ever see Each other [Hook:] And I know you think I'm too busy for love (No, no) When did everything become So fucked up? (Oh, no) The blame can't all be mine (no) Cause it was just a matter of tim

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

She starts to put all the pieces back in their box, carefully dividing white and black. Lots of people know about Paul McCartneyIm the only one who knows about you. But youve actually met me, and youve never met him. My mom went to a Beatles concert.

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 时间旅行者的妻子

Chapter 12 A Rescue 第十二章 救援 Louis liked to sleep on the lake. 路易斯喜欢睡在这个湖上。 At night, after blowing taps, he would waddle down to the sandy beach by the dock. 夜里,吹过熄灯号后,他就摇摇摆摆地走上船

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 吹小号的天鹅

BERLIN, Nov. 6 (Xinhua) -- German side Schalke clawed back from a 2-0 deficit at home to share points with Arsenal owing to goals by Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Jefferson Farfan in group B of UEFA Champions League on Tuesday. Schalke staged a dominant op

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The will to live life differently can start 想把生命活得与众不同的愿望 in some of the most unusual places. 能够在一些不平凡的地方实现 This is where I come from, Todmorden. 这是我的家乡,托德莫登 It's a market town

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

For all the talk about how college is essential to landing a good job after graduation, higher education often fails to prepare students for the workforce in several key ways. Even with a degree from a competitive school and a high GPA, many students

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Subject: Dont buy a poke in a pig. 第一、迷你对话 A: Honey, dont buy a poke in a pig. 亲爱的,不要冲动买那些无非所值的东西。 B: But I always cannot control myself. 但是我总是控制不了自己。 第二、地道表达 t

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

One of Jobs's management philosophies was that it is crucial, 乔布斯的管理理念之一就是, every now and then, to roll the dice and bet the company on some new idea or technology. 不时地孤注一掷,把公司压在一些新点子或技术

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Nevertheless, not three days previous, Bildad had told them that no profane songs would be allowed on board the Pequod, particularly in getting under weigh; 虽然三天之前比勒达已经对他们说,在裴廓德号上,尤其是在开船的时候,不

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记